Hardware Homebrew Help with my third party switch pro controller, can't get HID to VPAD nor Hidtest to recognize it properly, possibly "bricked"

Robiniko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I'm running out of options and have failed in faultfinding what's precisely wrong with my pro controller and how to fix it
For instance on PC, the controller itself doesn't act bad, gets recognized properly by Betterjoy and other browser testers, but when checking with "set up usb game controllers" and a Direct Input tester it has crazy random inputs, doesn't bother me since i just use betterjoy
On Hid to Vpad it does kinda the same, gets recognized as "switch pro controller" but it looks like it's holding some inputs and doesn't work properly (seen some cases online with the same input problem, the solutions there don't work or some are left unresponded), doesn't get recognized by Hidtest, screen stays black, so i just used other .ini's, same results.
I even deleted all ini files (including nintendont's) from the wii u/controller folder, hid to vpad acts the same (it even still recognizes my ds4 properly, is this how it works? hid to vpad has hidden .ini files?)
after looking for more related switch pro controller issues i found out bad input may be caused because the usb-c cable is not a proper one for the controller (maybe something to do with it being third party?) also it doesn't charge anymore, the orange light doesnt lit up, didn't bother me because i use it wired, is there something i can do? like changing something from the inside or anything? so far it looks like the problem is related to the controller itself...but no at the same time?

edit: btw im using haxchi, dunno about bloopair but i think i needed something different than haxchi? and i get i can just DS4 or buy another controller but im kinda bummed by this and really want to know if theres something i can still do

Last edited by Robiniko,

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
btw im using haxchi, dunno about bloopair
Tiramisu and Aroma has bloopair kinda built it (there's an old version for haxchi which may or may not work anymore). This enable a whole bunch of bluetooth controllers to work with Wii U. All you have to do is pair it like normal wii u pro. More details: Bloopair

If you don't want to be on haxchi anymore then: https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto