Hong kong Switch controllers not reading my amiibos, but work fine on my american switch controller

Entryjyt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Video 1:
Video 2:
I recently bought a pair of joy cons and pro controller from Hong kong, and they work great, except for amiibos. The switch does recognize there is a nfc reader in it, but it doesn't function properly. When I switched back to the controller I bought in Canada, it worked just fine. The hong kong controllers also had weaker nfc range than the american controller. It is official, because it has the hong kong official product on it. I also tried a real amiibo off camera and the same thing happens. This is a very weird issue and I couldn't really find anything online about this issue. I saw online that amiibos are not region locked, so why aren't these hong kong controllers reading amiibos correctly?

zamastyle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The vast majority of chinese switch controller clones do not have nfc functionality. They are nearly perfect clones from the outside but the internals are different. I have only seen one pro controller clone that had nfc and I have never seen a joycon clone with nfc.

Entryjyt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The vast majority of chinese switch controller clones do not have nfc functionality. They are nearly perfect clones from the outside but the internals are different. I have only seen one pro controller clone that had nfc and I have never seen a joycon clone with nfc.
I thought it is not legal to put the nintendo branding on a fake knock of product? Also I paid around 550 hong kong dollars for the joy cons and the pro controller, which is around CAD$99, which is the regular price for joy cons here in canada.
One more thing: if they don't have nfc, then why doesn't the switch tell me the error "There are no controllers connected that support nfc" ? Why were the controllers "semi-scanning" the amiibos?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It's simply fake controllers. Nothing surprising when it comes from China if you order on like Wish or Temu.

Entryjyt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's simply fake controllers. Nothing surprising when it comes from China if you order on like Wish or Temu.
I got it from Tao bao, and it's still fake? I remember asking the seller and they said it was the official nintendo one
1703304337775.png

zamastyle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
China does not respect international copyright law. Nintendo markings on product from there dont mean anything. The only real down side here is how much you paid. You can get the pro controller for about 18usd and the joycons for about 20usd so you definitely got stiffed.

As far as I can tell, these controllers tell the switch they are nfc capable even though they have no nfc capability which is why you dont get a failure message when trying to scan amiibos. It just does nothing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto