Dropped switch. left joycon instantly dead. switch overheating. right joycon died later on by itself

xeph20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey everyone,

i've searched for this problem online but see nobody with the same issue.

I dropped my switch a few days ago (not super high, about hip height) it had much worse falls before.The left joycon instantly stopped working. Yesterday i was gaming on the TV (with a wired controller) and after about 30 minutes the switch goes to sleep mode because of overheating. the switch was ideed very hot to the touch. Now a day later i want to check something on the switch again and now the right joycon also died.. (i also think the fan doesn't work anymore)

They cant be turned on there are no leds. it looks like the switch has short circuited them? also when i put the switch in sleep mode and take it out of the dock the battery runs out very fast and that wasnt the case before the fall. it was 100% about 2 hours ago and now i took it out of a case and it was pretty hot and the battery went to 55% (while asleep the whole time)
When the left con broke i ordered a new set. but now i'm afraid that if ill insert them in the switch that the switch will also kill them :s
Rebooting doesn't solve the issue. Hopefully someone here knows whats happening and knows a sollution.

Thank you

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Take it to a repair shop and have them take a look inside.
There is likely some internal damage like some pins bent, misaligned connectors or some component that flew off the board.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto