Oled switch won't turn on after Hekate went to sleep

PriMieon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I installed my modchip 2 days ago and everything was working like a charm! I hadn't done anything in Hekate beides Dumping my nand.
I decided I wanted to partition my SD card to where I could run emunand.
I was following this guide ( https://rentry.org/EristaSXCoreEmuNAND ) until step 3

"Step 3.
Place your SD card back into your switch and power it on, you will now have launched into Hekate.
Select the Tools tab, then select Partition SD Card, and finally press Ok.
Now, pick what EmuNAND type you want to use:
To create a partition-based Emunand:
Move the emuMMC (RAW) slider until it says 29 full, then press Next Step and finally press Start."

I then saw that you also have sliders to allocate to Linux and Android. I never pressed "start" and simply left my switch on the slider screen to read about Android on the switch. I then got a little distracted and didn't come back to my switch until like 60 minutes later. My screen was no longer on the slider menu and black instead. My battery was fully charged so I doubt it died within the 60 minutes it was left unintended but rather that it entered sleep mode.

So I tried to turn my switch back on but no sign of life. The chip inside the console isn't glowing. Removing the SD card doesn't yield different results. I held the power button for 75 seconds but to no avail.
Trying to turn it on without SD is still giving my a black screen. I think Hekate went to sleep and now my switch is dead. Any solutions? Is this common?

PriMieon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Update:

Opening the console and removing the battery didn't help. Disconnecting the chip (3.3v) makes the switch boot into a purple screen. Reconnecting the chip removes the pink screen but won't boot anymore.

After a few hours of doing nothing the switch boots again. OFW will work perfectly.
Booting into Hekate works but only for a few minutes. Switch will randomly power off in Hekate and the switch won't boot again. The only solution is to wait a few hours. Will attach a picture of the mod chip I was using. Ordered a new one. Hope the new one will work better

Attachments

• PXL_20231113_021417174.jpg
    PXL_20231113_021417174.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 21

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto