Hardware Finding a schematic diagram for right joycon

icuke1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
So recently i dropped my right joycon and it stopped working. When I opened it i found that right shoulder button had broke of the motherboard and metallic piece was shaking around inside. This is not the main problem (cause i know the testing points on motherboard that i could solder to in order to fix the button). After i removed broken button and assembled it back i discovered that my joycon now only works in handheld mode. Also the console is reporting that the battery is low. So i disassembled it back and checked the battery and the pins on the connector itself, everything was ok. I then tried to supply power externaly (5V to JC pins 1 and 4, as stated in this github repo: dekuNukem / Nintendo_Switch_Reverse_Engineering) and it connected fine wirelessly. So now i thinking that maybe there is some fuse that had blown up cause of that metallic piece. The problem is i could not find any information about fuses that may cause this and also i could not find any information on testing points (like VBAT). I will appreciate any help in finding some kind of schematic diagram or just info about fuses or testing points!
Post automatically merged:

UPDATE!
I poked around for a bit abd actually found it myself!
My joycon is now back to life!
Here is a pic:
Screenshot_20230404-235122~2.png

Last edited by icuke1,
Reactions: SylverReZ

Eilermoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey this sounds like the problem I'm currently having! I swapped the shell of my right joy con, which I've done before. But after assembling, it won't connect wirelessly (no lights whatsoever), but will only work in handheld with a battery very low signal.

How did you fix this fuse? I've checked and re-checked every connection in mine and see no issue whatsoever, I'm sure I caused some damage or fuse to trip unseeable to my eye.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs