[Headphone jack] What's with all the apple hate?

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure you have different and countless reasons to hate Apple. I'm not particularly fond of the company myself. But there's something I just can't understand: no audio jack = tragedy

The audio jack was made decades ago and it's now obsolete. It was just taking up space. I mean, we are talking about a device that felt necessary to switch from a micro sim to a nano sim to gain those free 1-2 millimeters of more space.
Bluetooth cans are now good enough to be on par with midrange wired headphones for a decent price. I had 60 bucks pioneer headphones that worked just fine. You could say that you don't have to spend so much for a pair of headphones to get decent audio quality, sure, but why are you getting a phone that costs several times more then?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

If that's true why are fantastic wired headsets still made by all sorts of companies? They aren't obsolete, you just happen to have moved on to bluetooth. But wired headphones are still a viable option, and still at this point, the absolute best quality sound you can get from headphones are going to be from a high-end pair of wired ones.

Beyond that, no one else is dropping the audio jack, I'll take a Galaxy S8 over the iPhone 7 in a heartbeat, hell I'd take the Galaxy S7 over the iPhone 7 in a heartbeat. Furthermore, I have a few stereos with aux-in connections that I use all the time to play my music from my phone, sure you could argue that I should just get a stereo with a bluetooth connection, but why bother with that, when it costs me nothing extra to just use the aux-in connection?

Apple just made a really stupid decision is all in an attempt to make more money by having consumers buy their bluetooth headphones, but the backlash was bad and strong, so I wouldn't be surprised for a second if the iPhone 8 brings back the headphone jack. If I were to consider getting an iPhone right now, I'd get an iPhone 6S over an iPhone 7 in a heartbeat. They really fucked up in my opinion with that "brave" choice as they put it.

Last edited by duffmmann,

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Windows Phone Yay

tumblr_nx61yq70in1tqptlzo1_500.gif

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure you have different and countless reasons to hate Apple. I'm not particularly fond of the company myself. But there's something I just can't understand: no audio jack = tragedy

The audio jack was made decades ago and it's now obsolete. It was just taking up space. I mean, we are talking about a device that felt necessary to switch from a micro sim to a nano sim to gain those free 1-2 millimeters of more space.
Bluetooth cans are now good enough to be on par with midrange wired headphones for a decent price. I had 60 bucks pioneer headphones that worked just fine. You could say that you don't have to spend so much for a pair of headphones to get decent audio quality, sure, but why are you getting a phone that costs several times more then?

Just ignored them. They are baby. Do what you want. ;) They are worse than an insects, you know.

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It's just preference, some people dont have Bt head/earphones yet, so they just hate 'cause they can.
But Apple did at least add basically a usb jack for thier phone for people who dont have bt.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

You can't be serious.
Bluetooth headphones are nice and all but they are no replacement for a good wired pair. Due to heavy compression quality is lower compared to wired headphones.
And what if you want a pair of headphones that works on everything? Not all devices support Bluetooth.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

The headphone jack is essential for me on a phone, TV, laptop or what have you so the latest overpriced iPhone not having a headphone jack was seriously a moronic idea.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's compare "old" vs. "new".

"New":

"Old":

I much prefer the "old" keyboard, even though the "new" one is, in fact, newer. (More key travel, better tactile feedback, and curved keycaps, among other things.)

"New" is not necessarily "better".

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I love Apple for making smartphones that, with 2 GB RAM, lag less than a 6 GB RAM Android phone. I love them for having an optimized OS, unlike Windblows which doesn't know this word. I like Apple for having devices with no viruses. I like Apple for supporting old Macs 8 years after their release, since I had a mid-2009 MBP which worked under Mac OS X El Capitan with hardly any slowdown.

I don't like Apple for having overpriced devices and low-end GPUs on Macs. (even if nothing will ever be as overpriced as the utterly smelly bullshit named Surface Book).

I like Apple for having good, reliable phones despise their high price. And for having actual updates (yeah, unlike my father's Samsung Galaxy Niote II-LTE which did Jelly Bean-Jelly Bean while it can perfectly run LineageOS 14 on Abdroid Nougat 7.1.2).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I much prefer the "old" keyboard, even though the "new" one is, in fact, newer. (More key travel, better tactile feedback, and curved keycaps, among other things.)

I absolutely HATE high key travel. When I use mechanical keyboards at school, I feel like typing on a 10th century typing machine keyboard.

Reactions: Dionicio3

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country

"New":

"Old":

Moving on is hard. Knowing when to move on is harder.

Anyway on this topic who gives a shit. If you want a headphone jack don't buy a bloody iPhone, I'm sure Apple isn't struggling and losing sales. In 20 years time we will be telling are kids/grandkids how hard we had it and we used to have to plug are headphones in with a wire when we were young.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I absolutely HATE high key travel. When I use mechanical keyboards at school, I feel like typing on a 10th century typing machine keyboard.
I take it you don't type that much then. I can't stand the ridiculously flat keyboards, especially when the keycaps are also flat.
Moving on is hard. Knowing when to move on is harder.
Please explain why I have to "move on" from a high-quality IBM Model M to "flat" keyboards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice