[Headphone jack] What's with all the apple hate?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Vipera, May 9, 2017.

1. Vipera
    OP

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole
    I'm sure you have different and countless reasons to hate Apple. I'm not particularly fond of the company myself. But there's something I just can't understand: no audio jack = tragedy

The audio jack was made decades ago and it's now obsolete. It was just taking up space. I mean, we are talking about a device that felt necessary to switch from a micro sim to a nano sim to gain those free 1-2 millimeters of more space.
    Bluetooth cans are now good enough to be on par with midrange wired headphones for a decent price. I had 60 bucks pioneer headphones that worked just fine. You could say that you don't have to spend so much for a pair of headphones to get decent audio quality, sure, but why are you getting a phone that costs several times more then?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

StarTrekVoyager likes this.

2. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    No matter what anyone says. Just what you want.

3. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    People just like to hate stuff and some hate becomes popular. I personally have an iPhone myself and I found that I actually really enjoy it.

4. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    I hate apple for harming the portable dedicated handheld market.
    I hate apple for starting the soldered-in battery trend.
    Other than that, I don't hate apple at all. :P

5. Vipera
    OP

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole
    I'm only talking about the audio jack here...

6. VinsCool

VinsCool Insecure

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Overpriced is the only word I have in mind.

7. Yepi69

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    Overprice and no innovation but I don't hate Apple, they brought 3.5mm jacks to every other phone so far and the so much used windows we kindly take from granted today, other than that I hate Apple's fans more.

8. linuxares

linuxares GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 5, 2007
    You know those horrible dual up and down keys on laptops? Apple...
    You know that bugger ass OSX operating system that doesn't let you do shit if you don't pay for it? Apple..
    You know that innovation they always make but just borrowed it? Apple!
    You know those lovely repairability of Lenovo laptops? Not on Apple!

9. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Shoulda mentioned that in the title then. The OP doesn't give you license to limit discourse.

Sent from my brain using common sense.

Subtle Demise, gnmmarechal and N1N like this.
  10. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    as someone somewhat "deep" into the Apple ecosystem (depends what you think it means), I still think the iPhone 7's removal of the headphone jack was a bit silly. can't be that obsolete when tons and tons of devices still rely on it.

I do hope it pushes the development of bluetooth headphones more however, to make them better. until then, /shrug
    mind if I ask what you mean? because macOS has been free of charge for a while now. Apple's been making some of their consumer applications completely free too, like the iWork set.

Quantumcat and gamefan5 like this.
  11. medoli900

medoli900 Open the Benzenes Gates

GBAtemp Patron
    medoli900 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2013
    Lavender Town
    One Apple a day keeps the user away.
    The main reason of why I hate Apple is because we can't install any program we want, so inhibiting the fiddling.
    I love to see the limit of my systems, so Android and Windows for me (I'd say Linux, but game compatibility is shit, and I don't want to use a virtual machine)

Subtle Demise and 8BitWonder like this.
  12. smileyhead

smileyhead Bow ties are cool.

GBAtemp Patron
    smileyhead is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Budakeszi, Hungary
    That's one of the funniest things I've heard today. It's not obsolete, and I'd rather use wired headphones than wireless ones that need recharging/batteries.

13. Vipera
    OP

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole
    My mistake. I thought you could spend five seconds reading the first paragraph before posting. I was wrong. Sorry!

14. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    I did read your OP and I decided to instead to talk about something other than headphones since you posted a broad topic about apple hate.

Sent from my computer using duh.

15. Yepi69

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    Hey bro? No need to mock the Tapatalk sentences, people who use Tapatalk (me) have that signature on by default, which means every time you reply to this thread using the app, it automatically adds that sentence

16. smileyhead

smileyhead Bow ties are cool.

GBAtemp Patron
    smileyhead is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Budakeszi, Hungary
    It was a joke. No need to get triggered.

17. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    Since I'm having trouble falling asleep, I'll drop my two cents in. I used to be a Apple fanboy. Hell I had nothing but Macs to play with in grade school and didn't get a hold of a Windows PC until right before graduating high school. My dislike for things Apple comes from the two: my love for Android and my dislike of Apple fanboys/girls. To break it down, these are my reasons...

- Apple's war against Android using Samsung as a proxy.
    - Apple adding features to iOS that began on Android and acting as if they invented the damn thing.
    - Apple fangals/boys who only buy Apple products because it's "trendy", "cool" or makes them feel wealthy.
    - The damn price but this isn't as big of a deal when, Google pretty much does what Apple is doing with Chrome OS and Android but at a much cheaper price.

If you have an Apple product because you love their build quality and the simplicity of their walled garden, I can respect that. If you have a Apple product because you want to be cool.... get the fuck outta here! It's Apple's misinformed fans that piss me off the most. Actually, a part of me in hindsight doesn't mind their war with Samsung. Especially after how Samsung bastardized Android. Vanilla Android FTW!

Last edited by LightyKD, May 9, 2017
    gnmmarechal likes this.
  18. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    If I'm gonna be honest, the fact that Apple touts and markets their products to the degree where they think they're somehow infallible, or as being the best and nothing can ever beat in terms of quality. The price, like, with their marketing department, they give the false illusion that other, similar (and cheaper) products are inferior than Apple products. Then there's the PC vs Mac debacle, I mean, why call a Mac a Mac when it's a personal computer? Windows vs. Mac would've made more sense IMO. If people like and want Apple, that's fine, but what I don't like that much is when people who use their products act as though owning them elevates them to the status of royalty.

Last edited by the_randomizer, May 9, 2017
    RustInPeace and duffmmann like this.
  19. amoulton

amoulton GBAtemp Fan

Nov 18, 2014
    United States
    Franklin, Massachusetts
    Poor people are mad that they can't afford the epitome of engineering and software development, so they sit there on their NSA infected Androids and Windows PCs slinging mud.

20. VinsCool

VinsCool Insecure

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    I'd rather use "NSA infected device" rather than wear tin foil hat and use hardware I paid twice the price.