Hacking Hacking the WiiU: A Simple Progress Guide

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I was able to install WADs to the system menu with Multi Mod Manager and IOS 236. If you'd like, I can take a photo. All I did was install IOS 236, open Multi Mod Manager, change IOS to 236, and install the WADs I had sitting on my SD card. I did notice that a forwarder for Configurable USB Loader that I had didn't forward to the DOL on my SD card and instead froze the console, but others worked without issue.

this didn't brick your system like the nand backup tool does? if this is true then this is great, is there any step by step guides on how to get wiiware installed?

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to use the Nand Backup tool also to dump the Nand and used the IOS236 installer to install IOS236 and Install VC wads via MMM and the Internet and Photo Channel 1.0 via DOP-Mii with no brick. i followed my own instructions (i wrote them in the IOS install thread on page 3).

jonesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this didn't brick your system like the nand backup tool does? if this is true then this is great, is there any step by step guides on how to get wiiware installed?

I'm not really sure how much more I can provide for steps, really. I used BlueDump to extract IOS 36 from my NAND, renamed it to what the modified IOS 236 installer looks for, installed IOS 236, then launched MMM, switched IOS to 236, and installed the WADs on my SD card. The ones I have are Pokémon Rumble, Final Fantasy IV: The After Years and its DLC, and World of Goo. They all seemed to at least launch fine.

HomebrewEnthusiast109876

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try, as soon as I buy it, which won't be till thursday. if someone beats me to the punch, though.. :P

Actually, there's plenty reason. basically everything except USB loaders are working right now, so WiiWare and VC are running perfectly.

Great, yet another thing to cross off the lis-

IS THAT A SKYWARD SWORD LEVEL?!?

You seriously need Project:M.
http://projectm.dantarion.com/

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
so it doesn't seem to be a easy task to install wads yet (never used nand backup so don't know a lot about it and don't want to take the risk so don't ask), i'll wait a bit for more progress and go from there then, still at least we know we can install them but it's not a easy thing to do.

the only thing we have to worry about is if nintendo release a update in the future can they disable the homebrew channel and other stuff from working and render your wii u useless? it's happened in the past on the wii where they automatically removed a exploited save file from your wii and we all know how serial nintendo can be when trying to remove any exploits with firmware updates.

so that is why i am going to stand back and watch to see what happens with the next upcoming update and see if they take a stance before installing anything on the vwii permanently (smash hack is ok because it's on the sd card), i'm not going to have a £300 machine rendered useless because of nintendo s firmware updates.

and yes geko os works, i played twilight princess the other day with cheat codes and it worked fine.

edit: this is what i mean with future firmware updates from nintendo.

zebular;497992 said:
So will ISO loaders work within the homebrew channel now?
************* [ - Post Merged - ] *************
If Nintendo cares at all I'm sure they will overwrite the cIOS with every WiiU update or tell you that your system files are corrupted and can't be updated without returning to the orig IOS.

that is a post from ps3 HAX, so if people keep modifying the cIOS from the vwii and then nintendo come with a firmware update that mismatches the cios from the original and it doesn't match it is possible to cause a brick somehow? we are not sure at this point so i am only speculating, anything can happen that is why it's good to wait and see what happens when nintendo makes everyone update to the latest firmware.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried Bluedump alpha 3, still can't do anything. A "complete softmod guide for the Wii U" would be much appreciated by all. I just want to know how to dump ios 36 so I can patch it. What is the best way to dump it? I guess I'll check nus...

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
ok if 2tb is max capacity what happens if i were to insert a 3tb hdd , would it reject it or format only 2 tb of it ?
The 3tb drives are completely incompatible at the moment because their sectors are physically bigger than 512k so it can't format ANY of it. (Actually, there's a lot of homebrew that can't use any part of a 3tb drive either)

Nintendo says that they will eventually be able to support 3tb hard drives in a later firmware version BUT that their file system DOES have a max size of 2tb and that if you were to format a 3tb drive later when it was supported it would only be able to use 2tb for the Wii U. I'm not clear if that means the rest of the drive would then just go to waste or if you would be able to create a partition in the unused space.

Reactions: muskieratboi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps