Gaming Guitar Hero Is Coming Back... To Wii U, And Everything Else!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They should have opted out and not release it on the Wii U because Wii U owners are known to not support 3rd party publishers. I'm surprised Activision is going forward with this.

Oh come now, we all know that you're upset because the game doesn't feature voice chat capabilities :rolleyes:

Either that or you never want to see third party games on the Wii U :creep:

Brunho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I thought Rock Band suddenly coming back was a little too much, but Guitar Hero raising from the dead? And at the same time? Just...wow...

Glad it´s on Wii U though, the more support the better, I think.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Surely Rocksmith has made this pretty much obselete. Why learn to play pretend guitar when you can do the exact same thing to learn how to play properly? Besides, no matter how much you upgrade those crappy clicking plastic guitars, they're no match for my controller...
images

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The video was almost the cheesiest thing I've ever seen.

The new note icons look strange. They don't even fully reach the bottom before you're supposed to hit them.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Surely Rocksmith has made this pretty much obselete. Why learn to play pretend guitar when you can do the exact same thing to learn how to play properly? Besides, no matter how much you upgrade those crappy clicking plastic guitars, they're no match for my controller...
images
Because not everyone wants to? Sports games still sell while you could learn to play them in real life. Also, isn't it kinda expensive to get something decent that works with Rocksmith?

Edit: Also, apparently Skrillex is in this game. How does that even WORK with guitars?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Because not everyone wants to? Sports games still sell while you could learn to play them in real life. Also, isn't it kinda expensive to get something decent that works with Rocksmith?

Pretty much any crummy old guitar works with Rocksmith. You can pick up a bog standard black and white stratocaster type guitar that'll work fine for as little as £20. It won't be anything flashy like my PRS but if you're just starting out you don't want to burn that sort of cash anyway, the only reason I have it is because the wife got it for me. As for the 'not wanting to' thing, the GH/RB series plays exactly the same as Rocksmith. A note cascade with colour-coded icons for each note set to classic tunes. Sports games are different because you play with a regular pad so even people like me can pretend to be a pro athlete, but the only difference between the plastic guitars and the real ones is that real ones are slightly more complicated. But if you're playing Guitar Hero or Rock Band or whatever then obviously some part of you has an interest in actually playing guitar, so why not just do it for real? Setup costs can potentially be a tiny bit higher (the RealTone cable is a pain in the arse to find) and you might need to sit through lessons instead of jumping right in, but why settle for faking it when you have a near identical system to do things for real? I started about 9 months ago and I can play pretty well, some songs I've almost mastered (I play a kick-ass rendition of Painkiller by Juda Priest). It gives a much better sense of satisfaction and felt like the natural evolution of the concept. Going back to plastic fakery now feel like a step in the wrong direction.

As for the video backgrounds thing, NOBODY pays attention to that stuff. It's all just a blur behind the note cascade. There could be naked clowns killing each other with flaming crossbows back there and it'd take months for anyone to catch on.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They should have opted out and not release it on the Wii U because Wii U owners are known to not support 3rd party publishers. I'm surprised Activision is going forward with this.

Half of my retail game collection for my Wii is Guitar Hero games. It must have sold well on the Wii if they're bringing it to the Wii U. You're probably right though about the current Wii U owners, probably just a bunch of nintenodo fanboys that only want mario and zelda.

Not looking forward to this

Used clearance bins are always full of guitar hero games without the guitar

They didn't sell a guitar with every game. Once you got the guitar, then bought the games separately.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Half of my retail game collection for my Wii is Guitar Hero games. It must have sold well on the Wii if they're bringing it to the Wii U. You're probably right though about the current Wii U owners, probably just a bunch of nintenodo fanboys that only want mario and zelda.

You actually agree with him? Ouch....

Reactions: 2Hack and VinsCool

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Oh come now, we all know that you're upset because the game doesn't feature voice chat capabilities :rolleyes:

This is the dumbest thing you could've wrote.

Either that or you never want to see third party games on the Wii U :creep:

3rd party games just don't sell well on the Wii U and its fanboys don't buy them so it's no surprise that the big 3rd party publishers who were once on board left the Wii U behind.

You'd have to be pretty stupid to not know why 3rd party games aren't on the Wii U.

Mind listing those games?

But yeah you're right, Nintendrones just buy Nintendo-branded games and ignore the rest because they believe "Nintendo console is for Nintendo games!!". It's so fucking stupid, backwards and unfair for the rest who actually want the damn company and its consoles to progress.

You actually agree with him? Ouch....

You have your Wii U hacked, don't play online and yet you're judging me? That's funny.

It's a fact that the Wii U has almost no 3rd party support except for the few remaining 3rd party publishers but the games they're releasing aren't just up to par as what PS4/XO have.

Activision = Skylanders, Guitar Hero
UbiSoft = Just Dance
Bandai Namco = Project C.A.R.S (inferior due to Nintendo's controller lacking analogue triggers) and that free to play game they announced

Well, with less than 1000 playing either COD games online at any given time, what are the rest of the U owner playing. First party games. Actually it's quite sad that the third party games don;t sell well on the U.

Nintendo was hoping that the Wii U would be as much of a success as the Wii was, but the truth about Wii is that it was bought mostly by people who never really gave a shit about games and it ended up being a dust collector.

By the way, if the Wii U had been an add-on like many believe it'd probably have been more profitable than it is and heck, the amiibos are ultimately going to surpass the units sold of Wii U. It's already at 6mil sold so far, right? It won't take too long to hit 11mil. The amiibo madness is here to stay.

Edit: Here's my current collection -

CCkvuekWYAMi48p.jpg

The other Wii U games that I have are up for sale because they're just not very good at all, either as games or as ports.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: With other peoples couches