Hacking [Guide] Amarokz Softmod Wii 4.2 Guide v1.0

techker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so it want good the updating with wawinko updater.to 4.2

the only thing is i lost my homebrew?how to i re it?lol

and is there a way to re arrange the chanels?cause i deleted a couple and now i have holes..

TarkinMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kevsmif80 said:
-2011 error! I am getting the -2011 error as well on the neogamma. I have tried using 1.5 installer but cant get it to work it just freezes up. Everything installed great except neogamma and USB could someone help? im on 4.2U

Did you remember to do page 9 in the guide BEFORE doing page 8? That sounds like that's what your problem is.

QUOTE(techker @ Nov 10 2009, 08:42 AM) so it want good the updating with wawinko updater.to 4.2

the only thing is i lost my homebrew?how to i re it?lol

and is there a way to re arrange the chanels?cause i deleted a couple and now i have holes..

You need to run bootmii again and install the homebrew channel to get it back, if you don't know how then please refer to the guide it's all there. To move channels you hover over them with the pointer and then press and hold A and B at the same time and just drag them where ever you want them. You can't drag them onto another channel and expect them to swap places or the others to move though, has to be a blank spot every time.

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didnt get too far in the guide.

QUOTE said:
? Click the Home button on your Wiimote
? Click Load Bootmii
cBoot2 should start and after a while you should see Wad Manager 1.4 screen.

Nothing loads for me. The blue wii slot light does one really quick flash and there is nothing on the screen. The wii power light is still green but its not doing anything.

hotkeys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone knows what needs to stay on the SD card after the installation of all the items in the Guide. For example the files needed to install the homebrew channel can I remove them? I think I removed some things by accident and now if I turn on my wii with the SD card in, it will not power up it will just be a black screen untill I remove the SD card and reboot.

Also how do I play a DVD if I installed the DVDX when I installed the homebrew channel. Do I need another program for that too????

TarkinMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hotkeys said:
Does anyone knows what needs to stay on the SD card after the installation of all the items in the Guide. For example the files needed to install the homebrew channel can I remove them? I think I removed some things by accident and now if I turn on my wii with the SD card in, it will not power up it will just be a black screen untill I remove the SD card and reboot.

Also how do I play a DVD if I installed the DVDX when I installed the homebrew channel. Do I need another program for that too????

No, I don't think you need any of the files anymore except for usb loader. Your booting problem is probably bc there's a dol in the main directory of your sd card, if you delete it you'll stop getting that problem. And as for playing DVDs you need to put mplayer into the apps directory of your sd card. You can get the latest here and run it from the homebrew channel, http://ronwarez.com/mplayerwii/

johnhr

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I unfortunately upgraded my Wii to 4.2 and now I want to use your app to put on my Wii, How can I print off the pdf file as my Wii is setup in another room and it is easier to use on paper. Thanx johnhr

sabonis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ThaDraGun said:
I didnt get too far in the guide.

QUOTE said:
? Click the Home button on your Wiimote
? Click Load Bootmii
cBoot2 should start and after a while you should see Wad Manager 1.4 screen.

Nothing loads for me. The blue wii slot light does one really quick flash and there is nothing on the screen. The wii power light is still green but its not doing anything.
Same thing for me, can't get Bootmii to load....

milestonebass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great guide, really got me out of trouble when the 4.2 update came down!
smileipb2.png

My system menu used to show the game title (on the 'main game channel screen') when you inserted a copied cd. It was not playable, of course but it was a good feature to have to show what cd you put in.

Just wondering if that functionality is linked to a particular IOS and if it's still able to be done on 4.2? Does anybody have this functionality under 4.2?

dan213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone help me out?

im trying to mod right now and i'm on page 7 and at the wad manager 1.4 screen on my wii.

it says...
- press A to continue (done)
-choose Wii SD Slot (done)
- highlight IOS249.wad (this isn't an option on the screen. i only see neogamma and usb loader).

can u help me out? i don't know what to do next.

milestonebass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you have downloaded the IOS249.wad file as per the "Preparing the SD Card" (page 4)...
  • Make sure the IOS249.wad is in the wad folder.
  • Also make sure the folder is called 'wad' and not 'wads' - that caught me out once.

jimboisit

Trophies
XP
Country
can anyone help me plz i did all of the guide properly with no errors but when i load LEGO Indiana Jones 2 i get this
n6fdx3.jpg
and with night at the museum 2 all its says is loading and then they both crash

ciscokiddd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys. I made a big mistake. I read the instructions first but when I began I forgot to refer back to the updated instructions highlighted in red (for any idiot like me to see). So I didn't follow the steps in the revised order or install the latest WAD Manager (1.5) as instructed (below):

-Switch Page 8 and 9 around, ie. Install cIOS38 Rev14 first and after that run DOP-IOS
-Working WAD for Neogamma - Download here
-Wad Manager 1.5 for the WAD Installation part - Download here
-When booting Wad Manager to install the Wads, there will be a question for NAND emulation, select the "disable" option.

Although I didn't follow the revised instructions, everything installed fine but now I cannot complete the final step, installing the Backup Loaders. When I get to the step to highlight both NeoGamma 7 and USB Loader GX I get the error message: "Installing ticket......ERROR! (ret = -2011)". I tried to install WAD Manager 1.5 through homebrew but I either get a black screen or the remote will not respond. The wii system still works as I can play games, so I guess its not bricked. Is there a work around in my situation to get the backup loaders installed? Is it realistic to start over? Please, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

milestonebass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Use BootMii from the Homebrew Channel Menu (exit menu) to install Wad Manager 1.5.
All other wads should install fine under Wad Manager 1.5 once you have it installed

ciscokiddd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your response Milestonebass. I tried to load the WAD Mangager 1.5 through the Homebrew Channel Menu/bootmii as suggested and all I get is a black screen, the remote will not respond, and the blue light where you insert discs flashes repeatedly. When I try to install WAD 1.5 by selecting it directly from the first screen after I open Homebrew Channel, after I select "load" and I press "A" to accept the disclaimer my remote will no longer respond. Any other ideas, anyone? Is there another way to install/boot WAD Manager 1.5 without going through Homebrew? Thanks in advance.

milestonebass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ciscokiddd said:
Thanks for your response Milestonebass. I tried to load the WAD Mangager 1.5 through the Homebrew Channel Menu/bootmii as suggested and all I get is a black screen, the remote will not respond, and the blue light where you insert discs flashes repeatedly. When I try to install WAD 1.5 by selecting it directly from the first screen after I open Homebrew Channel, after I select "load" and I press "A" to accept the disclaimer my remote will no longer respond. Any other ideas, anyone? Is there another way to install/boot WAD Manager 1.5 without going through Homebrew? Thanks in advance.

I had the same symptoms when I didn't have the 'bootmii' folder in the root of the SD card.
the zip that contains bootmii has a boot file PLUS the 'bootmii' directory with all the files needed by bootmii.

does this solve the bootmii not loading issue?

firebird2727

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the guide and it worked flawlessly. I was trying super smash bros and they would go like they are loading and then back to the wii menu screen. I shutdown the wii and went back into and tried again and worked. I was wondering if there was a reason on why this did that, or if fixed dont mess with it. Any suggestions or any other problems they have had. I soft modded a 4.2 system with Amarokz guide. using cfg 48 for my loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: LMAO