Grand Theft Auto VI's first trailer confirms 2025 release date

Rockstar has changed the upload time for the teaser of Grand Theft Auto VI. Originally scheduled to go live tomorrow, the video was leaked early, with Rockstar sending a takedown notice, and then posting the trailer themselves. The minute-and-thirty-second teaser showcases what fans can expect to see in GTA VI, as well as showcasing its impressive graphics. At the end of the video, it's confirmed that GTA VI will be out sometime in 2025.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Vice City had some serious flair due to the cheesy 80's Miami Vice theme going together with it. GTA V already had no distinct theme... unless you count an obsession with heists as such.
If it comes to Game Pass, I'll give it a try. Otherwise I'll wait until the PC version is highly discounted or given away for free by Epic, lol.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, it looks bland to me.
Not only the lack of a PC version is a major bummer again but also the fact that the game looks generic. If you look at previous titles they were always a good years behind on the places they were supposedly depicting. A parody of the past.
GTA6 on the other hand is trying too hard to become "current", like so many other failed games that lost their fun, by trying to be instead a documentary about Florida by accurately portraying real life things instead of just going with the classic formula of exaggerated satirical depictions. Where is the fun in that?

It must be the toll of losing veterans like Dan and being infected with modern politics/activism. Now not only Rockstar needs to keep up with ESG scores but also open room to a modern humorless generation who think they can fix comedy and tone everything down.
Creativity is gone, they are just plagiarizing real live.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I hope that it's not just me, but we've been having female main characters shoved into everything over the last few years; Alan Wake 2 is infamous for largely replacing the eponymous male character with a female SWAT officer for most of its runtime, for example, not to mention Uncharted: the Lost Legacy, and The Last of Us 2. Also, movies - most recent Marvel flicks, replacing beloved male characters with inferior "strong female characters", and the infamous Star Wars trilogy.

This just reeks of more of this ESG-score humping, instead of anything to actually help improve game quality - especially since the last several GTA games managed to be massive successes and fan-favourites with all-male casts.

So yeah; not impressed by the content of the trailer. Visually, it's beautiful, but that's really the only thing it's got over GTA V (which should be expected, considering V was a bloody PS3/Xbox 360 game at first).

Reactions: CharlesDeGaulle

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
GTA6 on the other hand is trying too hard to become "current", like so many other failed games that lost their fun, by trying to be instead a documentary about Florida by accurately portraying real life things instead of just going with the classic formula of exaggerated satirical depictions. Where is the fun in that?
To be fair, a whole lot of people think this trailer IS exaggerated satire. Unless you closely follow Florida Man news, it'd be impossible to know the difference, and so Rockstar will probably get away with letting the state do most of the absurdist writing for them.

Reactions: Dud and BigOnYa

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the things I like doing in GTA games is randomly kill people (don't take that out of context) and those ones twerking in GTA VI would be easy targets for me. 😆

Reactions: BigOnYa

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What's woke about it?
Having a latina as one of the main characters in Miami actually makes perfect sense, so that is not the issue. I think it's a cool move.

However, please count the number of whites in that trailer, in which the real life location is pretty much a 50/50 ethnic split.

Xoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having a latina as one of the main characters in Miami actually makes perfect sense, so that is not the issue. I think it's a cool move.

However, please count the number of whites in that trailer, in which the real life location is pretty much a 50/50 ethnic split.

You're honestly counting the amount of white people in a video game trailer then getting angry that there aren't enough of them? Damn dude.

Xoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When it's the other way around, it is seen as righteous. :) but no worries, mate.

Selfishly demanding a larger piece of the pie when you have most of it is far different than asking for a little when you have next to none. Acting like the later is a problem and imitating it is also pretty hypocritical.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto