Homebrew GBARunner2

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is the 3M branch still useful for all these hicode games or should I not bother with it yet? So far, there's several games that don't work currently for me such as Suikoden Card Stories' english translation, Magical Vacation's english translation, Both MMBN 3 & 6 don't work on a base DS even without the virtual console patches applied plus 6 has a english translation of the Japanese version with the missing features that crashes as well. I was thinking about downloading it and trying again.
I still need to update that branch. It makes emerald work on ds for example.
Hello Gericom, i would like to know your donation page so that i could put it on a video i that i madmade regarding how to make gbarunner2 work properly on the nds and advices and such. Im an ameteur in this video making as such so im im not that professional in making such vids. But i just wish to have the link onto your donation something so that people would help you and encourage you to continue on making this homebrew.
The link can be found in the readme on github

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been playing Iridion II and it actually runs fullspeed at TWL clocks and sounds great. Unfortunately it seems to crash late into the first mission at slightly different points, freezing and making a long solid beep in audio. This was the same in both the latest DS and DSi builds, with wram i-cache both on and off.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,

SummonerArthur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Pokemon Emerald and Alien Hominid both don´t work on base ds model because of Hicode.
Both GBA Doom run fine on my base ds model with the lastest master.

I tried downloading a DOOM rom on the internet just for testing and it worked, maybe I did a bad dump (which would be weird since VBA and MyBoy can run it fine).

D

Deleted User

Been playing Iridion II and it actually runs fullspeed at TWL clocks and sounds great. Unfortunately it seems to crash late into the first mission at slightly different points, freezing and making a long solid beep in audio. This was the same in both the latest DS and DSi builds, with wram i-cache both on and off.
I tested all three planets from the alpha galaxy with TWL clockspeed, wrami-cache enabled on my 3DS with the latest master. The game always crashed during Boss battle. I will update the wiki.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing with gpsp recently and noticed some minor weirdness with the Gameboy audio that reminds me of GBARunner2. And it might just be that the mix of Gameboy vs. PCM has the Gameboy (or at least bass/noise) relatively louder than in the mixes of mGBA or 3DS VC. (or heck, it could just be lack of a low-pass filter on them?) I've never owned an actual GBA so don't know which is more accurate, but it might be worth looking into, especially if you were using an emulator like gPSP for reference.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,

ManlyAngel

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Also... May i ask if there is any button combinations to go back to the menu of gbarunner2 while playing a game? And are their games that are just difficult to get it to work and games that just doesnt work at all on gbarunner2?

ManlyAngel

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Well... You see, the ver. of gbarunner that can run pokemon games doesnt have the ability to go back to the menu... It seems the latest ones can only do so...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well... You see, the ver. of gbarunner that can run pokemon games doesnt have the ability to go back to the menu... It seems the latest ones can only do so...
By that, i mean the 3m branch from Hicode not having the ability to return to menu

D

Deleted User

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

By that, i mean the 3m branch from Hicode not having the ability to return to menu
The 3m branch has to be updated first. This is going to happen sometime in the future. Don´t know when though.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Issues with the latest master:

International Karate Advanced (E) you are unable to access the gbarunner2 menu during gameplay.
International Karate Plus (E) sound is broken after you go into the gbarunner2 menu during gameplay.
I am not surprised it doesn't work in the first of the two, since you also have to disable center and mask, which means the game does something weird with irqs.

D

Deleted User

Kami no Kijutsu - Illusion of the Evil Eyes (Japan) is another weird case. I try my best to explain.
The game works fine with wrami cache disabled. It becomes unplayable after you boot with wrami cache enabled.
I had to delete the save file from the SD Card to get the game to work again.
I don´t know, does wrami cache corrupt the save file?
I uploaded the save file below for Gericom to check out.

Attachments

• Kami no Kijutsu - Illusion of the Evil Eyes (Japan).zip
    337 bytes · Views: 142

boyfriendcoma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Preface: just a [dramatically elaborate] question concerning whether or not I'm using gbarunner2 properly. Thanks for any help!

I've currently got an R4i 3ds Gold+ card running on a DSi XL, and found that of the four .nds files in the most recent release, only the arm7_ds version, rather than arm7_3ds/DSi and arm9_ds, was able to boot successfully from within the R4's fw. The others launched with either a white screen or an error concerning scfg being locked. Going forward, (as this is my first time using gbarunner2, and I don't intend to install twilightmenu because I rather enjoy the r4's gui), is this the file (arm7_ds) I should expect to utilize for future updates?

I really appreciate all the great energy being put into this, and I'm interested to know whether I'm utilizing it correctly per my specific setup, or if I should seek an alternative solution. Thanks for getting to the end here, sorry for the ramble!

Reactions: banjo2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUuaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJzIGlzIDIwIGRv... +1