Preface: just a [dramatically elaborate] question concerning whether or not I'm using gbarunner2 properly. Thanks for any help!
I've currently got an R4i 3ds Gold+ card running on a DSi XL, and found that of the four .nds files in the most recent release, only the arm7_ds version, rather than arm7_3ds/DSi and arm9_ds, was able to boot successfully from within the R4's fw. The others launched with either a white screen or an error concerning scfg being locked. Going forward, (as this is my first time using gbarunner2, and I don't intend to install twilightmenu because I rather enjoy the r4's gui), is this the file (arm7_ds) I should expect to utilize for future updates?
I really appreciate all the great energy being put into this, and I'm interested to know whether I'm utilizing it correctly per my specific setup, or if I should seek an alternative solution. Thanks for getting to the end here, sorry for the ramble!
If you're using an R4 the nds files you need to use are the arm7_ds or arm9_ds files, and the only ones you need to update each time a new release is out
Preface: just a [dramatically elaborate] question concerning whether or not I'm using gbarunner2 properly. Thanks for any help!
I've currently got an R4i 3ds Gold+ card running on a DSi XL, and found that of the four .nds files in the most recent release, only the arm7_ds version, rather than arm7_3ds/DSi and arm9_ds, was able to boot successfully from within the R4's fw. The others launched with either a white screen or an error concerning scfg being locked. Going forward, (as this is my first time using gbarunner2, and I don't intend to install twilightmenu because I rather enjoy the r4's gui), is this the file (arm7_ds) I should expect to utilize for future updates?
I really appreciate all the great energy being put into this, and I'm interested to know whether I'm utilizing it correctly per my specific setup, or if I should seek an alternative solution. Thanks for getting to the end here, sorry for the ramble!
You are probably missing out on the DSi enhanced support like TWL clockspeed (133mhz instead of the regular 67 mhz) and the extra ram (16 Mbyte instead of 4 Mbyte) that is required for certain games to run at all.
You are probably missing out on the DSi enhanced support like TWL clockspeed (133mhz instead of the regular 67 mhz) and the extra ram (16 Mbyte instead of 4 Mbyte) that is required for certain games to run at all.
Dang, those features are super-appealing! I did try to run twl via the r4, but was met only with a white screen. I'd like to think I followed the flashcart setup instructions thoroughly, but I definitely wasn't confident with the file structure I'd built from the 7z. Any tips for running directly through the r4 that might not have been mentioned? Thanks for your reply and time! (You as well, @Enzo995!)
Dang, those features are super-appealing! I did try to run twl via the r4, but was met only with a white screen. I'd like to think I followed the flashcart setup instructions thoroughly, but I definitely wasn't confident with the file structure I'd built from the 7z. Any tips for running directly through the r4 that might not have been mentioned? Thanks for your reply and time! (You as well, @Enzo995!)
Thanks for the info @Gericom, sad as it is! Maybe further down the line I'll get it done properly.
For now, I'd like to check out twl just for knowledge, and the instructions (for those who are booting from a flashcart) say to merge all files within both "_nds/" folders, one from the root of the 7z, and the other from the "flashcart users" folder. The merge gathers quite a few files that I imagine aren't necessary, and I'd be so grateful if someone could tell me which ones I can safely remove.
Thanks for the info @Gericom, sad as it is! Maybe further down the line I'll get it done properly.
For now, I'd like to check out twl just for knowledge, and the instructions (for those who are booting from a flashcart) say to merge all files within both "_nds/" folders, one from the root of the 7z, and the other from the "autoboot" folder with the corresponding cart. The merge gathers quite a few files that I imagine aren't necessary, and I'd be so grateful if someone could tell me which ones I can safely remove.
Hey, Gericom, excellent work on this so far! Not trying to sound picky, but I've noticed just a few minor things that could be polished up. You might be already working on these, but:
Turn off backlight of screen not in use
Turn off screen and halt emulation while lid is closed
Allow border frame to display while in emulation settings during emulation (if border frame setting is on)
I also have another quick question. What is the drawback to using the 3M/Hicode version? Why not permanently merge it with master branch?
@Gericom,
Mario vs Donkey Kong (E), Metroid Fusion (E) and Metroid Zero Mission (E) - Audio is broken after you go into the gbarunner2 menu during gameplay with the latest master.
@Gericom Is it possible to add an option to access the in-game menu with buttons and not just the touch screen? (Or is it already planned?) I doubt being the only one with "GBA macro" without this option
EDIT: The Y button does something? (Or do you plan to do something?) The X I know that he does something with the sound
EDIT2: If this is a homebrew why is it not able to launch when starting the DSi with Unlaunch?
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
It's that time again. Prepare your Switch updates! Or prepare to forgive your sister's nephew's dog for updating your Switch a few weeks ago. Atmosphere v1.12.0 has...
The 2007 Nintendo Wii classic Super Mario Galaxy has reportedly been 100% decompiled by the SMGCommunity under the project codename Petari, and now a standalone PC...
Are you tired of waiting for Nintendo to release a definitive version of their GameCube classic on a console that's sold more than four units? Then step right up! A...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
Are you tired of waiting for Nintendo to release a definitive version of their GameCube classic on a console that's sold more than four units? Then step right up! A...
The in-progress Switch port of the 2013 Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V has been forced to end progress after Take-Two Interactive has threatened legal action...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...