Homebrew GBARunner2

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have yet to get ANY game to launch with the new sound build on DSi. Just completely freezes after bios logo. Very interested in developments there though. If anyone can recommend known working games with this build I'd love to try em.
Robz said the ds version worked better than the dsi/3ds version for some reason. I still have to investigate that.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep I got the DS build running on TWLight, it even works with TWL clocks, just not the DSi build. I tried games with mixed PCM/gameboy music and it all stayed within time, Sonic Advance 3, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Breath of Fire II, great! Metroid Zero Mission is mostly PCM but it still seemed like the sound would periodically desync from the graphics, its super noticable with blaster shots, but I didn't see that issue on these other games.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep I got the DS build running, it even works with TWL clocks, just not the DSi build. I tried games with mixed PCM/gameboy music and it all stayed within time, Sonic Advance 3, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Breath of Fire II, great! Metroid Zero Mission is mostly PCM but it still seemed like the sound would periodically desync from the graphics, its super noticable with blaster shots, but I didn't see that issue on these other games.
Yeah, any game that doesn't use the Music Player 2000 mixer will desync after some time.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

I also have unfortunately still the Save Issue with Golden Sun - The lost Age.:)

P1350857.JPG

And this happens.....

....please listen at 0:53min......:rofl2::rofl2:

Thank you.:)

Reactions: Zense

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello.:)

I also have unfortunately still the Save Issue with Golden Sun - The lost Age.:)

View attachment 192028

And this happens.....

....please listen at 0:53min......:rofl2::rofl2:

Thank you.:)

Yeah, the save issue is something I didn't look into yet. XD It is not updating the sound pointer anymore and playing all of memory as sound.

Elru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello there
I was playing super ghouls 'n ghosts (in the latest pre release) the game runs perfect, but when i try to pick an armor upgrade the game freezes, then I've tried the commit 9e285a3 (from the wiki compatibility list) and the problem is the same in both ds/dsi :(
Is it fixable?
Thank you for the hard work!

Reactions: banjo2
D

Deleted User

Hello there
I was playing super ghouls 'n ghosts (in the latest pre release) the game runs perfect, but when i try to pick an armor upgrade the game freezes, then I've tried the commit 9e285a3 (from the wiki compatibility list) and the problem is the same in both ds/dsi :(
Is it fixable?
Thank you for the hard work!
I can confirm the issue with the latest master. I´m going to update the wiki entry.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Latest DSi build now launches and plays fine, but the pause/quit menu doesn't work right. When first booting a game the pause menu shows, you can resume and play the game, but then the bottom screen stays black no matter how it is touched. The DS build doesn't give me any trouble like that.

Also playing Golden Sun fine, although I'm afraid to try saving now...

SummonerArthur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm testing master 24-12-2910 ARM9 DS version right now, and noticed some things.

Yugioh GX! Duel academy runs fine with wram cache on and main memory i-cache off, but the sounds are wrong pitched on any configuration.(I dont understand any technical word about sound, so if "pitch" isnt the correct word, sorry).
Turning wram cache off makes the game blackscreen when starting a new game, but if you open and close the emulator menu, the game continues to play but with a single sound channel.
Turning main memory cache on shows a sprite error, but it seems to appear only on a single character.
lN28kmU.jpg

Any other character renders fine.

I still have to test Beyblade G-Revolution again. Last time I tried the game it crashed after some time, but I was using an older branch.

Games I still cant boot on my DS:
Pokemon Emerald;
Doom GBA; (whitescreens using any setting)
Alien Hominid; (whitescreens using any setting)

But I noticed that Donkey Kong Country 3 runs faster now!

Ziko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the 3M branch still useful for all these hicode games or should I not bother with it yet? So far, there's several games that don't work currently for me such as Suikoden Card Stories' english translation, Magical Vacation's english translation, Both MMBN 3 & 6 don't work on a base DS even without the virtual console patches applied plus 6 has a english translation of the Japanese version with the missing features that crashes as well. I was thinking about downloading it and trying again.

ManlyAngel

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hello Gericom, i would like to know your donation page so that i could put it on a video i that i madmade regarding how to make gbarunner2 work properly on the nds and advices and such. Im an ameteur in this video making as such so im im not that professional in making such vids. But i just wish to have the link onto your donation something so that people would help you and encourage you to continue on making this homebrew.

Reactions: banjo2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The tots through Tina quotes are Napoleon. No free drinks and the big brown finger are Greasy...