Homebrew GBARunner2

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, I think I managed to fix the most important issues.
New release from the sd_save branch (2019-06-14 - 8e4d520)
  • Fix saving via the actual sram address (0x0E000000). Fixes SRAM_F_Vxxx games
  • Allow writing to save from a rom address source (should fix various games). Note that this is not yet working for flash1M types.
  • Fix the byte order for eeprom saves (important when you want to load a save or use it for an emulator for example). Note that eeprom saves made with the previous revision are not compatible! (they can be fixed though by reversing every 8 byte block)
Aladdin works again btw. I didn't test that other game, but I expect it to be fixed as well.

Attachments

• 2019-06-14 - 8e4d520.zip
    200 KB · Views: 1,129
Last edited by Gericom,

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Gericom are you planning to add a button layout option? (I mean swap the A,B buttons with B,Y like NesDS did or map L & R to X,Y buttons)
That can make some game more comfortable to play (specially shoot em' up & Fighting ones)
Yeah, I'm planning such feature once a settings screen is done. It may also be more comfortable on mario for example.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
On that topic, what do you have planned?
Stuff like enabling/disabling cache, up/bottom screen display, enable/disable center and mask (removes frame of latency and shows out of bound areas), key mapping. And maybe something like disabling save patching for testing for example. They will eventually be persisted in an ini file.

D

Deleted User

Turning audio channel on/off like in Visual boy Advance/mGBA for PC would be nice!
This gives certain games a new feeling.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Turning audio channel on/off like in Visual boy Advance/mGBA for PC would be nice!
This gives certain games a new feeling.
Hmm, yeah, maybe I could add such features when the ingame menu is ready.

Maybe you could retest the 2 regressed games btw.

Last edited by Gericom,

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed some regressions with games I previously tested.
Advance Wars(FLASH_V121) no longer boots and Zelda Minish Cap(EEPROM_V124 I deleted the previous save) saves the name now but freezes during the intro which it didn't before.
Also sram patched pokemon leafgreen and firered freeze after the opening credits now and Yu-Gi-Oh Reshef of Destruction(SRAM_F_V102) somtimes crashes right after saving, but saves now.

Last edited by Wuigi,

Zer0RAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im getting a white upper and lower screen and a TEST on left corner of lower screen while running GBARunner2 via Twilight menu. any way to fix this? running the latest version of GBARunner 2 master....

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I noticed some regressions with games I previously tested.
Advance Wars(FLASH_V121) no longer boots and Zelda Minish Cap(EEPROM_V124 I deleted the previous save) saves the name now but freezes during the intro which it didn't before.
Also sram patched pokemon leafgreen and firered freeze after the opening credits now and Yu-Gi-Oh Reshef of Destruction(SRAM_F_V102) somtimes crashes right after saving, but saves now.
Ugh, every improvement always comes with regression huh. I'll check it out. It's probably something stupid.
Edit: It seems @Dodain47 tested advance wars with the new version though, and reported it working.
Edit2: It works fine for me as well, and minish cap too.

Last edited by Gericom,
Reactions: Alexander1970
D

Deleted User

Yeah, both Advance Wars games work with the latest build. Both are clean No-Intro rom file.
I tested them with the arm9 versions on my m3 simply flashcard and Phat DS model.
I use the retrogamefan kernel for my flashcard.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really sorry, I tested the normal ARM7 and WRAMICACHE versions provided by you and my self compiled version on my DSi with the latest twilightmenu on both release and nightly version of nds-bootstrap.
Somehow the version I compiled with the windows devkitARM r47 produces the detailed errors, the version compiled with devkitARM under linux doesn't crash during the start of Advance Wars and sram patched pokemon leafgreen.
A rudolph's tool dump of Minish cap and some other dump of it still crash most of the time during the intro when starting a new game using your ARM7_DLDI build for me though.

Last edited by Wuigi,

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm really sorry, I tested the normal ARM7 and WRAMICACHE versions provided by you and my self compiled version on my DSi with the latest twilightmenu on both release and nightly version of nds-bootstrap.
Somehow the version I compiled with the windows devkitARM r47 produces the detailed errors, the version compiled with devkitARM under linux doesn't crash during the start of Advance Wars and sram patched pokemon leafgreen.
A rudolph's tool dump of Minish cap and some other dump of it still crash most of the time during the intro when starting a new game using your ARM7_DLDI build for me though.
Hmm, okay. Did you try with cache? That sometimes fixes some timing bugs. This might be one of them.

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Gericom It crashes even more often with the new game intro when using your arm7_dldi_wramicache build.
On a gateway blue card it runs really stable with both arm9 builds.

Last edited by Wuigi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over