1. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    Check your SD card for errors.

2. RaymanTheHedgehog

Newcomer

Venezuela
    Also, will be implemented a option to changet the button layout?

3. dawiid

dawiid Newbie
    Newcomer

Portugal
    I first used twmenu in a 4GB SD Card and it was working, but then im changed to a 16GB one and stopped working so i went back to the 4GB to check if was the sdd card and still wasnt working.

4. Wuigi

Wuigi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I have now tried every revision of devkitARM on that site and revisions older than r47 all don't compile or freeze after the boot animation.
    Maybe the revisions of libnds and libfat don't quite work as I use the latest ones and trying the ones from ahezard and compiling them with r42 didn't work, I really am not capable to get this working.
    I wouldn't have been able to contribute with my skill set anyway but trying out some of that bleeding edge stuff before binaries get released would have been fun.
    @dawiid I had a similar problem, I formatted my SD card with 32 KB cluster and then unlaunch worked again, maybe this helps you as well.
    Selecting default sector size on my 32 GB card set the sector size to 64 KB which caused problems.

Last edited by Wuigi, Jun 12, 2019
  5. Tarmfot

Tarmfot GBAtemp Regular

Montserrat
    Hello @Gericom!

I have some backup saves .sav from a lost ezflash IV. I.e. Advance Wars.

The last version of GBARunner2(8.23 Twilight ?) could read these saves but not wrote to them.

Some of them were 128KB but they worked in EZflash IV. I suppose first half of file was correct and second half was garbage that ezflashIV added.

But now GBARunner2(8.3.0) says that they are big and dont read them. (And after that I must reset to exit GBARunner2)

Please. Can you make next version of GBARunner read and write them and resize to normal size 64 KB?

Thanks a lot again for this impressive software!

Last edited by Tarmfot, Jun 12, 2019
    alexander1970 likes this.
  6. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Quick update @Gericom. Advance Wars 1 & 2 no longer freeze with the wramicache version.
    I expect more games to boot with the wramicache now.
    Also, I found something interesting while playing Advance Guardian Heroes (E).
    This glitch occurs during the Intro, when you fall and downpunch the rocks.

Attached Files:

alexander1970 and Gericom like this.
  7. Wuigi

Wuigi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    @Gericom Ok I managed to get my compiled version to run the same games that your build does with libnds at commit 4c3bf52 and libfat at commit 3375e8f.
    I used devkitARM r47 and the file size is 197 KB like your build, the checksum differs though.

Last edited by Wuigi, Jun 12, 2019
    Gericom likes this.
  8. Gericom

OP Gericom GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    You should try the latest version which should support save files as long as they are as big or larger than the required size

Tarmfot likes this.
  9. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I tried gbarunner 2 a few days ago. apparently, I had it on my sd card ever since the days of the ds, so it's an extremely old version. from my brief test, it seemed to run fine along with my saves, which I ripped from the cartridges (still own all of them). it ran better than the supercard dstwo's emulator, which suffers from some fps issues. is there any way to change the location for saves? the dstwo uses a separate folder for saves and roms, and I'd like to keep both emulators, but I don't want duplicate saves.

10. alexander1970

Austria
    Hello.:)

Not specific games tested,but i am very,yery happy with the new GBARunner.:D

https://gbatemp.net/threads/gbarunner2.451970/page-74#post-8671155

I have not tested it on TWiLight but on my Flashcard the arm9 versions works perfect at the moment.:bow:

Thank you @Gericom and @ahezard (and all who are involved on it) for the great updates.:yay:

Robz8, Gericom and Sunuku like this.
  11. dawiid

dawiid Newbie
    Newcomer

Portugal
    that didnt work out. Same error

12. RaymanTheHedgehog

Newcomer

Venezuela
    I tested Rayman Advance and saving finally works (please add that in the wiki)

Tarmfot, alexander1970 and Gericom like this.
  13. lemonxd

lemonxd Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Exactly how long would this "a bit longer to boot" be? Every game I have tried now hangs on a white screen after the gba boot screen for... a long time (let it sit for 5 minutes, which in my opinion is much more than "a bit" longer than the previous boot time). Tried both patched & unpatched versions of them. The only games I really care about booting are the pokemon games, as even though I have all my old games on my SD card, I haven't played anything but sapphire.
    Edit: Heres some additional info.
    I am using arm7 version, which was previously working on my r4i gold 3ds plus, and although I don't think it matters that much, I am using it in a DS Lite however the same issue happens on my DSi and 3DS.

Last edited by lemonxd, Jun 12, 2019
  14. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    The increased time happens before the GBA boot screen.

15. lemonxd

lemonxd Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Huh, something else must have happened that is preventing games from working then. Guess I'll go back to an older version for now :)

16. PlayNeth

PlayNeth Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Tested two games, f-zero GP Legend is booting now after the latest update, just some audio cracks here and there but hey its playable now. Metroid fusion still freaks out on the x parasite cutscene at the beginning of the game running at like 0.5fps with hard sound cracks

17. zfreeman

zfreeman GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Can confirm. It's only during the shot of the cells under microscope. Everything is fine before and after it.

PlayNeth likes this.
  18. Gericom

Netherlands
    I wonder what's up with that screen. I've seen it happen as well.

19. Ziko

Ziko GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I notice like maybe a 30-45 sec load time mostly. It's only for games that you haven't played before. Afterward, it loads really fast to where you probably won't notice.

20. Gericom

Netherlands
    Is that because creating the save is slow or so?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - GBARunner2,