Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jet™ said:
all i can say is yay, the guy who webcammed him will get fucked for the rest of his life. In prison (literally), and when he gets out (not literally).
he is probably gonna get a slap on the wrist and let go with no jail time

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
jet™ said:
all i can say is yay, the guy who webcammed him will get fucked for the rest of his life. In prison (literally), and when he gets out (not literally).

No, he'll do jail time. And so will the c*** who helped him with this twisted plan. Seriously, why the fuck would they care about a gay guy having sex? Think about it. Obviously the suspect and his partner in crime are both f***ed in the head. So the guy's roomate was gay. So f***ing what? They've never seen a gay guy before? Where the f*** have these a'holes been living? Iran? (that last bit is a joke.)

Seriously though, karma is great and terrible. As they say, karma is a bitch. I'm certain both of these assholes will pay a massive karmic price.

Also, I blame reality shows and places like 4chan for all the internet bullying and for helping to strip people of their humanity.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SPH73 said:
Joe88 said:
jet™ said:

No, he'll do jail time. And so will the c*** who helped him with this twisted plan. Seriously, why the fuck would they care about a gay guy having sex? Think about it. Obviously the suspect and his partner in crime are both f***ed in the head. So the guy's roomate was gay. So f***ing what? They've never seen a gay guy before? Where the f*** have these a'holes been living? Iran? (that last bit is a joke.)

Why indeed! It'd be nice to know what the hell they were thinking, but we never will. I imagine their lawyers will have them tell a very vague story on the stand, and the rest will be fought by lawyers shooting legalese at each other. The only thing interesting about this case is how they'll use twitter as evidence.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
I really do feel for the guy, being broadcasted all over the internet, being ousted because he was gay, I really do, and those involved must pay.

BUT...suicide is never the answer to anything. Weaksuace.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Wow. I think I've a friend in this school... Anyway, I think like TwinRetro that suicide is not a solution. For me it's just another way to flee the real problems. An "easy" and selfish way.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
0ddity said:
This isn't the only story like this. Also in the last few days, a 13 year old in Texas shot himself in the head in his closet because he was bullied for being gay. Another 13 year old hung himself in California in his backyard

Exactly. This stuff happens all the time. I don't get why there is such a big deal about the kid from Rutgers.

My brother is going to Rutgers next semester, and a ton of people from my work go there, so everyone has been talking about how sad it is.

It is sad, don't get me wrong, but I don't see why everyone is overreacting about this.

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
There are hundreds, if not thousands of people that are bullied every day for being bi or gay, and holds their head up and keeps rolling.

These are the people that should be in the news.

turbotronic

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
f*ck off homophobia
f*ck off sexism
f*ck off racism
1208187904.thumbnail.jpg

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
turbotronic said:
Infinite Zero said:
This is horrible. I never liked homosexuality but this is horrible...

you dont have to like it, you have to accept it.

No one has to accept anything, and to demand it is pure arrogance.

Tolerance is all I ask for. Anything else is a nice surprise.

DeliciousRice

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know the two kids actually, I am going to the same high school they went to before attending college.
Here's my take on the topic (It's a bit long, hence the spoilers)

Last year, as a freshman, I spent some time sitting with a group of seniors, so I know who the roommate is personally. He honestly was a pretty cool guy, and I sincerely doubt any of his fatal actions were intentional. While he did make a huge ass blunder that cost the life of another human being, I still think it's important that people understand he is a human being like the rest of us, and like all people he has his flaws. Just like a normal person, he is entirely capable of making very stupid mistakes. But I don't think it is at all necessary to impose harsh punishment on someone just because of their lack of foresight. I'm sure all of us have done foolish things in our lifetime that we regret, but should we lose all that we have lived up for just because of the mistake? Dharun and Molly are just like that. They spent the last twelve years of their life living an honest life towards college. Contrary to how the media treats them, they have family and siblings who care for their them much more than they care for themselves. They're not stupid kids either. They both are hard workers who earned they're right as American citizens into a university to expand they're educations. By putting them in prison for five long years, not only will they lose their academic privileges, but they'll also lose their opportunities for helping the world. If you ask me, in today's society, forcing our capable young thinkers into a dark, lonely prison is counterproductive. Every bright mind is significant in a world like ours that simply needs innovation.

Based on the messages mentioned in the article it sounds like the entire thing was intended as a joke - a pretty bad and unthoughtful one admittedly - but still a joke for the people on his friend's list on a live cast. It just so happens that the joke got out a little out of hand and circulated around campus, causing a huge big fuss and finally the suicide. In my honest opinion, Tyler Clementi overreacted. There are many other solutions to his problem besides suicide, but instead he had to use the dreaded final option. Because of these multiple blunders on the part of these three students, we are on the road to losing three units of our most important natural resource of all - human minds. The genes of evolution created these three bright young minds, but the harsh fist of fate is making us have them fall from our grasp. We already lost one of these minds, but punishing the other two to the point in which they can't contribute for the world is just the same as killing them. Accidentally causing a suicide could be considered heartless, but forcing two people to a life of pain and ridicule is just as harsh. And for all of the media corporations calling them homophobes, I know that's not what they are. Admittedly, many times in my own life I attempted doing stupid things for the sake of providing humorous situations for my peers that I eventually regretted. I imagine this must be the same for them, and even if I'm wrong I highly doubt this was an act of hatred towards a particular group. News corporations have been known to blow things out of proportion. Remember swine flu? I almost certain this must be a similar situation.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
(Before I say anything, read this disclaimer: I do not in any way support the death of the kid, I support homosexual "rights" [isn't marriage a privilege, regardless? Either way - equality is awesome], and privacy is important)

These people do not deserve jail time. It was an ill-thought-out joke that ended in tragedy. They did not willfully force the kid into suicide, they did not mock the kid, they just let people access the already running webcam.

They obviously feel horrible about the entire situation, and putting them in jail will only serve to cause controversy, harden them to hate people in general (numbing them from further homicide), and the kid will still be dead.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
DarthTheufel said:
monkat said:
(...), they just let people access the already running webcam.

?

Well... Hello? That's something you don't do. It's crime. It's as simply as that.

If they thought that's funny, then they can laugh in jail. It's their own fault.

It is a crime to provide a link to a stream on a camera that the person on the other side must have known was there?

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
DarthTheufel said:
monkat said:
It is a crime to provide a link to a stream on a camera that the person on the other side must have known was there?

Obviously Tyler Clementi did not know. He killed himself, you know?

Agree with you Darth and disagree with monkat.

That action was full of evil and hate, cruelty that would eventually lead to this guy to commit suicide.

T-h-i-s i-s s-o-m-e-t-h-i-n-g-T-H-E-Y-W-I-L-L-R-E-G-R-E-T-F-O-R-E-V-E-R.

It doesn´t matter if suicide is or isn´t a way of finding the exit door, what DOES MATTER, IS: A JOKE LIKE THIS, WILL BE PUNISHED, AND WHEN THEY´RE FREE, THEY´LL CARRY THEIR JOKE FOREVER, until they are oldier, and die.

Yes, I do not support bullying in any form, but this escapes from bullying also, this is a crime.

RECORDING OF A LIVE VIDEO OF A GUY HAVING SEX WITOUT HIS PERMISSION, BEING A CHILD, AND EVEN BEING HOMOSEXUAL ... it really can´t fit in my mind.

Those bastards will suffer, I approve that.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
jet™ said:
They're gonna get charged with a hate crime, and if they get convicted it's jail time for sure.
And yes, it is ironic that the homophobes who killed this kid will get ass-raped in prison, but I can say it's not unwarranted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks