Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
It may not have been their intention to cause the suicide, but it happened, and it should count for something.
They are legally responsible for any foreseeable result of their actions. Seeing as there are more and more news stories about very similar situations with the same results, it was considerably foreseeable. They are responsible.

This is really disheartening. Bullying really needs to be dealt with. Teachers being unwilling or unable to help because a fear of punishment against themselves seems like teachers are being bullied by parents and school boards. Things need to be changed, and they need to be changed NOW. What things have come from bullying, other than suicides or murder sprees?

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prophet6000 said:
well he killed himself i dont show any compassion for those who choose suicide.
and life goes on. I hope the people who did that to him get what deserve

Oh thank god, I thought I was the only one who thought that way. Anyways... I don't know what to say. He got filmed being gay, so he killed himself. Which is odd since gay people usually don't give a fuck about being gay. That's like me killing myself because I get caught having sex with a woman.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I saw this on the news the other day.

I had forgotten about it, which is probably what the family of the guy would want most people to do. Way to go, douche.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Warrior522 said:
...depressing. Remind me to guard Cat Boy and jet more carefully from now on; homophobes be damned.
The only homophobic one was Tyler Clementi himself. He clearly thought homosexuality was something to be embarrassed or ashamed about. I don't condone the bullying but I wouldn't class this as a homophobic hate crime, just a childish prank that went horribly wrong.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
injected11 said:
Hells Malice said:
It may not have been their intention to cause the suicide, but it happened, and it should count for something.
They are legally responsible for any foreseeable result of their actions. Seeing as there are more and more news stories about very similar situations with the same results, it was considerably foreseeable. They are responsible.

Yet they only face UP TO 5 years in prison. What they did was 3rd degree murder (or, manslaughter. Same charge I believe).

To be honest, the whole legal system is bullshit to me. Ending someones life will only net you a very small time in jail in comparison to how much time you took away.

The worst part though, is if the guys who caused this dude to suicide were gay bashers...then they're probably proud of what they caused, but that wont affect the trial at all either.

The legal system is too up its own ass in rules, and doesn't leave room for common sense.

blacksniper

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
Warrior522 said:
...depressing. Remind me to guard Cat Boy and jet more carefully from now on; homophobes be damned.
The only homophobic one was Tyler Clementi himself. He clearly thought homosexuality was something to be embarrassed or ashamed about. I don't condone the bullying but I wouldn't class this as a homophobic hate crime, just a childish prank that went horribly wrong.

Is it also a childish prank to try and scare somebody by pointing a gun at their head and pulling the trigger because you think the gun isn't loaded?

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
blacksniper said:
Depravo said:
Warrior522 said:

Is it also a childish prank to try and scare somebody by pointing a gun at their head and pulling the trigger because you think the gun isn't loaded?
I thought that was hilarious in Boondock Saints.

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DiscostewSM said:
Those jailbirds will soon find out just how much privacy means to a person. Also, 5 years is not enough imo for this kind of crime.
Bull Shit

5 years is way 2 much they shouldnt face any time in jail for what they did.

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
Man18 said:
DiscostewSM said:
Those jailbirds will soon find out just how much privacy means to a person. Also, 5 years is not enough imo for this kind of crime.
Bull Shit

They indirectly caused the murder of said person so yeah they deserve more

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
30084pm said:
Man18 said:
DiscostewSM said:
Bull Shit

I think 6 months would suffice, not like they wanted the guy to kill himself.

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sephi said:
30084pm said:
Man18 said:
DiscostewSM said:
Bull Shit

Thank god someone to speak for the gay side of the argument.

I agree with sephi it wasnt their fault

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
Sephi said:
30084pm said:
Man18 said:
DiscostewSM said:
Bull Shit

then manslaughter...

Warrior522

"In all things, balance."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blacksniper said:
Depravo said:
Warrior522 said:

That was a nearly fatal case for a close friend; the gun was aimed at a bed instead...

Acetic Orcein

Trophies
XP
Country
omgpwn666 said:
Prophet6000 said:
well he killed himself i dont show any compassion for those who choose suicide.
and life goes on. I hope the people who did that to him get what deserve

Oh thank god, I thought I was the only one who thought that way. Anyways... I don't know what to say. He got filmed being gay, so he killed himself. Which is odd since gay people usually don't give a fuck about being gay. That's like me killing myself because I get caught having sex with a woman.

No compassion for suicide... It sort of irritates me when people say this.
I think it really depends. It's easy for you to say such a thing, you're (at least I hope) in a rational and right thinking state. You may be strong enough to cope with having yourself projected all over the internet in a humiliating way, but other people may not be so. Some people cope differently. A sudden short of... 'shock' like this can be enough to trigger an irrational response, perhaps he was afraid of being outed or he felt ridculously humiliated?

Again, it's easy for you to say such a thing, but it's alot harder when you're in that situation where you don't have complete control of your emotions. You lose rational thought, you don't know who is going to support you? It's a pretty nasty situation to be in. So I really think you should consider how other people may feel. Not every gay person is happy with who they are and having something like that broadcast when you're not ready for it to be, would be devastating. I mean, the method in which it was released was pretty disgusting.

My main point is that suicide is of course very bad! Just remember people may be thrown into terrible situations where they can't cope- even if you deem it to be something really silly, for someone else it could be a nightmare.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: