Hacking GATEWAY ULTRA v3.6.1 PUBLIC BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
funny how gateway uses other peoples stuff to heighten their products but when its the other way around...

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, on a 9.0 O3DS using Menuhax 2.1 and CTRBootManager 2.1 with timeout set to 0 and GW set as default boot, GW has had a 100% boot rate for me; the only time it failed was due to Menuhax (freeze at yellow screen). With Timeout = 3, I was getting a freeze at the GW splash screen like every second boot.
Great update so far, and looking forward to test the updated cheat engine later.

Last edited by samiam144,

rsc-pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
funny how gateway uses other peoples stuff to heighten their products but when its the other way around...
If it would be your comapny, I'm sure that you would do anything to promote your product in any way :P

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Could someone kindly please tell me how i can load an O3ds XL (4.4 currently) directly into Gateway mode when the 3ds is turned on? Thanks

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Alright, on a 9.0 O3DS using Menuhax 2.1 and CTRBootManager 2.1 with timeout set to 0 and GW set as default boot, GW has had a 100% boot rate for me; the only time it failed was due to Menuhax (freeze at yellow screen). With Timeout = 3, I was getting a freeze at the GW splash screen like every second boot.
Great update so far, and looking forward to test the updated cheat engine later.
Can you post your boot.cfg? I cannot get this working for the life of me. I keep getting erros or the GW.3dsx will just freeze before the GW logo etc.

Deleted member 331788

Trophies
XP
Country
Does this mean "all" systems including the N3DS??
So like my N3DS on 10.3 ...or are Gateway
referring to the O3DS on 10.3 or lower???

"That’s right! We can already reveal another surprise that is coming SOON: We will be bringing Gateway support to systems that are on the current LATEST FIRMWARE: 10.3 and lower."

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to use ninjhax in emunand when you are using cold boot? :)

I did it like this:

To autoboot GW mode (emuNAND)
Menuhax -> get payload binary -> hexedit the two "boot.3dsx" references in the payload*.bin file to "gw3d.3dsx" (which is the "GW.3dsx" file released today).

In emuNAND use this:
https://github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/releases

Launch the CIA from home menu in emuNAND -> hold Y so the otherapp payload gets saved on the SD card (probably optional).
Take the starter kit from smea's github and copy everything onto the SD card.

This way you have GW mode during cold boot but once in emuNAND you can launch the homebrew launcher, without hte payloads getting confused with the two .3dsx files.

Last edited by FR0ZN,
Reactions: KJ1

Silverbullet09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
so i try it out to boot with the launcher.dat 3.5.1 over the GW Browser Exploit, now i change again to the new 3.6.1 de First boot from the HB Launcher over the GW.3dsx run properly.
Than i try to boot again and nothing happens, only fast red, and Blackscreen . And the Gatewy no more load.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Could someone kindly please tell me how i can load an O3ds XL (4.4 currently) directly into Gateway mode when the 3ds is turned on? Thanks

You would have sysNAND to update to a firmware like 9.2 (no higher, and note that you shouldn't be updating sysNAND via Gateway itself, there are a bunch of tutorials on the forum on how to do this safely), and then use themehax/menuhax to boot the 3dsx file that Gateway provides. There is no coldboot method for anything below 9.x currently (and it's probably not likely there will be).

Last edited by daxtsu,

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I did it like this:

To autoboot GW mode (emuNAND)
Menuhax -> get payload binary -> hexedit the two "boot.3dsx" references in the payload*.bin file to "gw3d.3dsx" (which is the "GW.3dsx" file released today).

In emuNAND use this:
https://github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/releases

Launch the CIA from home menu in emuNAND -> hold Y so the otherapp payload gets saved on the SD card (probably optional).
Take the starter kit from smea's github and copy everything onto the SD card.

This way you have GW mode during cold boot but once in emuNAND you can launch the homebrew launcher, without hte payloads getting confused with the two .3dsx files.
Can you please tell me step-by-step how to use this? Thanks!

keubibo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got an O3DS with emunand 9.9 and sysnand 4.5 (GW ver 3.4). So can i update my Emunand's filmware to the newest now with 3.6.1? is it safe ? :D thanks

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah! :P
Thank you so much, just a few questions:-

1. The file I have to hexedit, is it this one:- "ropbinpayload_menuhax_USA12288_old3ds"?
2. Which hex editor did ya used? :D

1) yes
2) HxD ... but any hexeditor will do

Reactions: KJ1

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can you post your boot.cfg? I cannot get this working for the life of me. I keep getting erros or the GW.3dsx will just freeze before the GW logo etc.
Unfortunately I just left the house but I will gladly share my .cfg as soon as I can. For now, be sure you are using Menuhax 2.1. I had 2.0 at first but I updated it.

Reactions: plasma
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol