Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. "we are in the process of finalizing our support for 3DS systems running System Firmware 9.0.0-20 / 9.1.0-20J / 9.2.0-20 natively!"
    It's been 10 days now, I wonder if they've run into any issues? Of course I'm happy to wait (although its painful), but I hope they didn't jump the gun with the announcement.

drwhojan likes this.
  2. guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Norway
    Im thinking theyre taking this long to port most of the features that 4.x users have.

rainparadesamurai likes this.
  3. Danjal

Danjal GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    The most likely two options (assuming they have a functional 9.x solution already) is that they indeed are trying to get the other 4.x features over OR they are trying to figure out how they can get everyone to update their devices without the use of the blue card...

4. Kouen Hasuki

Kouen Hasuki Kouen the Cyber Husky

Norway
  5. Ra1d

Ra1d GBAtemp Maniac

Canada

I'm pretty sure they don't make announcements before they have a working feature.

10 titles, what's new ?Many clones have spawned after Sky3DS.

6. Valdars

Valdars Newbie
    Newcomer

Seems like somebody else cloned Sky3ds. At best it's not limited to 10 games ever.

7. Danjal

Danjal GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Thats one of the SKY3DS clones. Nothing new, more importantly it also has the 10 game limit.
    If anything, shame on this site for not clearly remarking on that particular limitation... (playing off of the assumption that its 10 titles at once, rather than 10 titles period)

8. I agree this is like comparing apples to oranges.

9. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States

Waiting is one thing, but expecting an exploit to do multiple things even before, and right after the release, is a bit too much to even say for right now. They need to learn to wait for someone to put the exploit to good use. I don't see how comparing xmas gifts under the tree is the same as knowing about an exploit, you don't know what you're getting for xmas so that could be a let down.

Nothing is ever impossible, you just have to have the determination to find these exploits. For example: it took 3k3y 3 - 4 month to finally update there 3k3y to work with the new sony firmware update. Right after that sony threw out another update that rendered it useless, the developer put it on hold because it was racking his brain and is now working on something else.

As for Gateway, maybe they didn't want to move on from 4.5, or wanted to wait until another team came along with something that can support other firmware revs, nobody knows. All I can say is Sky3ds put everything into motion.

10. mainframe004

mainframe004 Member
    Newcomer

There are units in V-Mall but they're jacked up in prices. Expect to pay at least P6,500 for one. I'd suggest you just get yours from a retailer abroad and wait for it to arrive; imo it's not worth paying double just to get it right away.

11. kheldar

kheldar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Untitled.png

I guess we won't be waiting too long then.

Des_Kaje and rainparadesamurai like this.
  12. Timburpton

Timburpton GBAtemp Advanced Fan

This email when send when reply?

13. guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Norway
    Yes.

14. Timburpton
    This message by Timburpton has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Nov 25, 2014, Reason: no, thank you.
    Nov 24, 2014
  15. lismati
    This message by lismati has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Nov 25, 2014.
    Nov 24, 2014
  16. slowmotioning

slowmotioning GBAtemp Regular

United States
    think he meant when was the email sent and when was the reply sent, which is pertinent information imo.

Alo81 likes this.
  17. Timburpton
    This message by Timburpton has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Nov 25, 2014, Reason: come on, dude.
    Nov 24, 2014
  18. Duo8
    This message by Duo8 has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Nov 25, 2014.
    Nov 24, 2014
  19. justln
    This message by justln has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Nov 25, 2014, Reason: baiting.
    Nov 24, 2014
  20. kheldar

It was sent yesterday and replied today.

21. Timburpton
    This message by Timburpton has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Nov 25, 2014, Reason: We are an English speaking forum..
    Nov 24, 2014
  22. kheldar

Well this is not a Vietnamese forum so...

gamefan5, BORTZ, _eyCaRambA_ and 2 others like this.
  23. OuahOuah

OuahOuah GBAtemp Maniac

France
    I think that thread got too long.
    Each rumor/news/video about GW get 1 billion answers LOL

And at he end, we got that kind of users (timpburton) which drives the thread to nosense : nobody understand his questions lol

It would be nice to have a big red stick thread announcing "All about Gateway", closed.
    And every noob question : does it CURRENTLY works with 5+, etc.
    And then every new thread with a question already ansered in the FAQ thread would be closed.

About not a vietnamese forum : let's not insult people who do not speak english well...
    GBATemp is international and guess what, flashcart manufacturers or team seems not to be english :P

I think in fact GBATemp is French : saw them a lot, a global modo is French... and even Costello, or I might be wrong...

SLiV3R likes this.
  24. Timburpton
    This message by Timburpton has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Nov 25, 2014.
    Nov 24, 2014
  25. Myria

Myria GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I wish that Gateway would wait until the American New 3DS release before releasing their exploit. They're really leaving Americans out to dry here.

weatMod likes this.
  26. Duo8
    This message by Duo8 has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Nov 25, 2014.
    Nov 24, 2014
  27. HtheB

HtheB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    The Gateway team is actually smart :)
    They are waiting for the update that Nintendo is going to roll out very soon to disable the exploit (and maybe even Sky3DS) then Gateway will jump in with their update, which will make Gateway the leader again :)

28. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

United States
    If the Gateway3DS does end up working on the New Nintendo 3DS then what about exclusive New 3DS games like Xenoblade Chronicles. Since they might run differently from normal 3DS games wouldn't those games require a whole new flash card just to be able to run those games?

weatMod likes this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Firmware, Gateway, support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.