uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Unattended update = no interaction with 3DS while updating, FPGA would update itself (no exploit required, power only)
Attended update = FPGA update from 3DS (would require the exploit, data + power)
FPGA update = what Unattended/Attended update should do

Please, be smarter (even through you won't xD)

Reactions: Phantom_User

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can people please stop flooding the thread with theories and claims that have no accompanying evidence? Seriously, "I read on another forum" is not a source. Just post a screenshot of said information.

Also, if your post is littered with the word "could", then please just don't post.

Capturen.png

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
well i JUST read on another forum that the MT cards ,blue card DOES run on 9.2 , so if the MT cards "blue card" is identical hardware wise to GW than we know it IS possible to update the blue card to run on 9.x ,if GW can get the blue card working on 9.x then the FPGA could probably be updated via a DS mode updater program

Well this would help things by a lot. And add another layer to the SPECULATION MACHINE as well.

Reactions: guitarheroknight

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So what? You can't access the exploit with no entry point.
i edited it, if this was the case they should need to figure out what was changed, which is hard by itself. But we will see.
I still doubt it will be KE but i wouldnt be against it.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm wasnt just the entry point fixed not the exploit in itself?
Or something like the exploit still worked alas it crashes but the addresses after that got moved around?

IIRC, the patch for the exploit added testing when it is saved and loaded for bad data in the DS Profile.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no dstwo has it's own onboard processor and extra ram, nothing like the r4 clone of the GW blue card
EDIT:oh NM i thought you meant GW blue to dstwo not GW red compared to dstwo, i see the winbond chip

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no dstwo has it's own onboard processor and extra ram, nothing like the r4 clone of the GW blue card
EDIT:oh NM i thought you meant GW blue to dstwo not GW red compared to dstwo, i see the winbond chip
i am unsure though if the windbond chip is the cpu, the site lets it sound more like ram.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
TOqVRo1.jpg

Since when does whether the blue card has better specs have any relevance in hacking the 3DS?
The gateway blue card was just there so people didn't have to buy another flashcart on top of the one they had already purchased.
The blue card DOES NOT WORK on newer firmwares, and it DOES NOT NEED to work since the ds exploit was patched!

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it has do to very much since DSTWO can excute unattended update. And that the two are nearly the same could mean that gateway can too. You are far too fixed to the KE possibility that you dont want to see possible alternatives.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since when does whether the blue card has better specs have any relevance in hacking the 3DS?
The gateway blue card was just there so people didn't have to buy another flashcart on top of the one they had already purchased.
The blue card DOES NOT WORK on newer firmwares, and it DOES NOT NEED to work since the ds exploit was patched!

i already explained to you that if the blue card will work ***in DS MODE*** then the GW red card could be updated via a ***DS MODE*** updater program that runs in DS MODE to update the FPGA of the GW red card, to maybe convert it into a 1:1 clone card like sky3ds via a FPGA update
or update the FPGA for another exploit to work

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
it has do to very much since DSTWO can excute unattended update. And that the two are nearly the same COULD mean that gateway can too. You are far too fixed to the KE possibility that you dont want to see possible alternatives.
You still have zero evidence that the red card's bios was programmed with unattended updates.
i already explained to you that if the blue card will work ***in DS MODE*** then the GW red card could be updated via a ***DS MODE*** updater program that runs in DS MODE to update the FPGA of the GW red card, to maybe convert it into a 1:1 clone card like sky3ds via a FPGA update
or update the FPGA for another exploit to work
There's a reason that you can only use WEP wifi and can't see the home menu while in DS mode unless you reboot the console.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You still have zero evidence that the red card's bios was programmed with unattended updates.

There's a reason that you can only use WEP wifi and can't see the home menu while in DS mode unless you reboot the console.

what? what does WEP and wifi have to do with anything?
put in blue card
launch the blue card to ds mode
open the GWupdater.nds program
FPGA update and updater program loads into ram
"please remove GW blue and insert GW red and press A to update FPGA"

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

same again do you have any prove it isnt? Do you have any prove that there really is a KE in play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth