Hacking Gateway 3DS "Firmware spoofing" and "multi-region"

Praxedes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First part of the question:

No, it's not possible, because you can only use the Games on your SD Card on the Device you bought them. If you want to Play 'em on your new 3DS XL you have to download them again in the eShop -> FW-Update! But it's not that bad i guess, because you can Play the (downloaded) 'backups' on your 3DS XL! ;)

Second part of the question:

We still don't know how the Region Free Update is gonna work, so no one's able to answer, except the Gateway Team! :D

danke für die info. Many thanks to everyone for the information provided. Well thats a problem I have to find a way out. I will still keep my classic 3DS , The problem I wish I could play my non retail games and my digital games downloaded from the eshop without updating. I have Fire Emblem Awakening , Animal Crossing New Leaf, Mario & DK Minis on the moves, Crimson Shroud, liberation maiden and a bunch of arcade and classic games that I paid for it, since most of this content does not have retail copies my other doubt is... will gateway be capable of playing non retail roms like Crimson Shroud and Liberation Maiden?

Reactions: f0rCe

Blebleman

GBAtemp Old-Timer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And at that point... thousands of weaboos rejoiced. For now they could play their story driven RPGs in a language they couldn't understand, and Love Simulators, FREE AT LAST!

How about people like me, who live in Sushiland and would ONCE IN A WHILE like to play a game in their mother tongue? ;)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about people like me, who live in Sushiland and would ONCE IN A WHILE like to play a game in their mother tongue? ;)

While I'm not a native speaker, I can certainly speak and understand the language pretty dang well, so I do enjoy RPGs in Japanese :P And knowing their track record, there will be many RPGs not released outside Japan.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA. SUSHILAND. CALM DOWN THERE BUDDY.

But seriously, why not just buy a JP 3DS? Its not like your an Aussie and never get games in your region.

Oh wait, im gonna guess your FROM Canada. In that case, im gonna pull out the old "This was a joke" clause.

Reactions: Blebleman

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHOA, WHOA, WHOA. SUSHILAND. CALM DOWN THERE BUDDY.

But seriously, why not just buy a JP 3DS? Its not like your an Aussie and never get games in your region.

Oh wait, im gonna guess your FROM Canada. In that case, im gonna pull out the old "This was a joke" clause.

This way's so much easier than having to get a new console for playing games that don't get released in a certain region. Buying a new system just to play a few Japanese games that don't get released isn't worth spending a lot of money on ;) The Gateway takes care of those pesky region locks.

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This way's so much easier than having to get a new console for playing games that don't get released in a certain region. Buying a new system just to play a few Japanese games that don't get released isn't worth spending a lot of money on ;) The Gateway takes care of those pesky region locks.

Oh yeah, im not saying this isnt awesome. Im just saying calling everyone a weaboo for no reason. Goddammit, 3 years on this site and people are still bothering to argue convince me on this sort of stuff?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, im not saying this isnt awesome. Im just saying calling everyone a weaboo for no reason. Goddammit, 3 years on this site and people are still bothering to argue convince me on this sort of stuff?

I speak Japanese, have lived there and studied it extensively, that gives me exempt status from being a weeaboo :P I'm getting this sometime down the road because region-locking sucks balls and is useless ;)

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I speak Japanese, have lived there and studied it extensively, that gives me exempt status from being a weeaboo :P I'm getting this sometime down the road because region-locking sucks balls and is useless ;)

Wait... what? Heeeyyy... your not even reading my posts anymore! Im outta here!

Maverynthia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't wait for the translation patches and undubs to start happening. c: Though hopefully they'll make the thing work on the higher firmwares as some people buying a new 3DS or such (or the people who's kids, cousins, siblings UPDATED the damn thing) can get in on the action.

As for piracy, I really think people need to re-think how things work. Either way the company would have made no sale (you wouldn't have bought it in the first place) or made a sale (pirated to try it then buy it later).

Reactions: idleft

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lolwut? :rofl2: I was talking about the Gateway and using it to play Japanese games.... :P I did read your posts about weeaboos.

Well, either way. I do hope we get a software exploit sooner or later. Spending 80 bucks plus about 7 or 8 bucks per game (Mirco SDs) seems a bit crazy.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hay guize I just downloaded a pokemon X rom from a website and it won't work on my gateway dual core platinum, what should I do?
Well, what you need to do is find an old copy of Pokemon Red or Blue, go to the truck, and get Mew. Then Pokemon Red/Blue will create a file that makes your Gateway compatible.

Reactions: Aeodan

Aeodan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And at that point... thousands of weaboos rejoiced. For now they could play their story driven RPGs in a language they couldn't understand, and Love Simulators, FREE AT LAST!

You're dang right. I'm happy I get to play my waifu simulator now instead of dropping $200+ on a JP 3DS just to play one game. :yaynds:

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the hell? Who's the plonker that removed the post on the 3DS Gateway site? The most recent post is gone, they removed it!? WTF?!
They just put it up to get more people to order it. Time for them to run off with their monies!

Or, possibly, they're editing the post, or their server had a rollback since it was having issues, etc.

KingBlank

King of Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Will the current gateway hardware support a firmware update that will allow it to work on 6.x?
I want to know If I should buy a Gateway 3DS now, or wait until they release a Gateway dual core platinum revo 360

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4