Hacking Gateway 3DS "Firmware spoofing" and "multi-region"

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But he can't do that (updating with roms), because his 3DS is less than 4.1 so gateway wont work. the only option is retail game here I think.
Oh. Right. Then you're right. It's too late for me to be thinking. madonion Here's a list of games and the patches that come with them. You'll need to borrow, rent, or buy one of them in order to do so: http://pastebin.com/wtf73u02

pudink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have mario and luigi dream team (backup) game and when I highlight the game icon from the menu it says there is a software update available,can somebody tell me for sure if we are allowed to go with the game updates?

appreciate an accurate answer on this one because I could not encounter any info on this on the internet

Dinomite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thread necromancy from 5 months ago.
I know right but at least he's asking in the relevant topic to the subject and not creating a new thread. 'gamesquest1' just gave the wrong answer to the question though (and I think he may be confused as to what the original question is asking for).

If you've correctly installed and ran the Gateway exploit, then you won't get a message asking for you to update, this is the whole point of the spoof. If you're getting the message asking for an update, then something hasn't been done right.

Reactions: pudink

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I thought game title updates will notify users there is an update for a specific game....depends if he means a title update or a system update, if he is on 7.1 it will be a game update surely think we need more info tbh.....does dream team have a title update like pokemon?

Dinomite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, I see what you're saying my apologies. Yes, you're right, 'pudink' can perform a Game title update as long as he is running Gateway 2.0b2 and using a rom from the same region as his 3DS. Since the question was posted in this thread specifically about firmware spoofing, I was worried the question was related to the system update. If you don't want to download the update for the game, all you have to do is turn your wireless off and the game will boot normally or just press A when the message appears to launch the software if you have wireless running. But yes, it is safe to perform software updates on emuNAND.

pudink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, I see what you're saying my apologies. Yes, you're right, 'pudink' can perform a Game title update as long as he is running Gateway 2.0b2 and using a rom from the same region as his 3DS. Since the question was posted in this thread specifically about firmware spoofing, I was worried the question was related to the system update. If you don't want to download the update for the game, all you have to do is turn your wireless off and the game will boot normally or just press A when the message appears to launch the software if you have wireless running. But yes, it is safe to perform software updates on emuNAND.

Thank you guys both for your responses I did the update yesterday
it was a title update for mario and luigi dream team.
It went smooth no problems and the game and 3ds is running without a hitch.

sorry for bringing the topic back from the depths of the underworld :)

Reactions: gamesquest1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)