Hacking Gateway 3DS "Firmware spoofing" and "multi-region"

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If GW3DS will never support future updates, then we'll never get NNID and Miiverse right :(

In the grand scheme of things, Miiverse isn't too important. Those can be easily worked upon on a later date. The thing that's impressive is the rapidity in which they're pushing out updates.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
This is awesome. I can finally play scribblenauts on my Japanese 3DS if this were released.

I thought the team would never be able to bypass region locking. Guess I was wrong.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I guess the only thing left is to somehow make this work online (undetected of course). If they manage this then I will go into "shut up and take my money" mode.

GalatasarayEken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to buy this but my 3DS is on 4.2 FW, are there certain games I cannot play because of this (4.2 FW) like do some games need higher firmware to play? Anyone care to explain please, Thanks :)

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to buy this but my 3DS is on 4.2 FW, are there certain games I cannot play because of this (4.2 FW) like do some games need higher firmware to play? Anyone care to explain please, Thanks :)
Yes, several recent games require 4.5. You can easily update to 4.5 by buying, borrowing, or renting one of them.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Nice progress but the save file issue with one memory card is still a problem, I'll wait out for 2nd or 3rd gen flashcart with better features, its bound to come sooner or later, good on them for removing the region lock, it shouldn't be there in the first place.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps