Hacking Gateway 3.1 Ultra Public Beta Has Arrived (EUR, USA, JPN)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 263,462
  • Replies 1,957
  • Likes 4

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it a regular sized jap one, or XL?

Nah, cubic ninja is region locked obv, so he'd need a jap cubic ninja.
A cart-less exploit will require a lot more time I think, and I'm sure there will be a soft mod alternative quickly after.

Either way, I think cubic ninja is the cart everyone should have just in case ;)

It's an XL. I just bought a USA XL one as well, and it's on 9.0:)

And now that I've got my Cubic Ninja (USA) for 4 bucks... Now I play the waiting game...

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
It's an XL. I just bought a USA XL one as well, and it's on 9.0:)

And now that I've got my Cubic Ninja (USA) for 4 bucks... Now I play the waiting game...
Ahh at least tell me it's blue! >.> only way having an import can be good at this point :P
I guess I would hold on for now and hope an easier exploit is discovered or something, or sell it I guess.
2Hack

thanks! that worked.....now I just need to apply the MiiPlaza update and DLC and everything should be fine! My Mii Maker was restored too: 3
No problem :) enjoy your Gateway ^_^

the3dsguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bought zelda online this morning and changed my mind and cancelled it, better off spending the same on a sky3ds.

you shouldnt think like that, because you can install emunand and cias, its definitely worth it more so than sky3ds at this point. sky3ds can be blocked in the future, emunand can just consistently be patched. trust me im frustrated too, i bought a japanese one for the gateway and US one for the sky3ds, but now, the japanese one ,its nothing more than a glorified door stopper.

mind you i bought OOT used no box, off some independent boutique store for 40 bucks

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
you shouldnt think like that, because you can install emunand and cias, its definitely worth it more so than sky3ds at this point. sky3ds can be blocked in the future, emunand can just consistently be patched. trust me im frustrated too, i bought a japanese one for the gateway and US one for the sky3ds, but now, the japanese one ,its nothing more than a glorified door stopper.

mind you i bought OOT used no box, off some independent boutique store for 40 bucks
errr if you have sky3ds anyway, just wait patiently for a sky3ds compatible save....im sure it will work eventually.....and even if not, once we have nand decryption tools you could consider just converting the JPN console into a US console so you would only need the JPN exploit game while you convert the console to US, then sell it on

Reactions: Deleted-355425

Mitch2025

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a very frustratting issue with the system transfer. I am trying to go from my OG 3DS on latest emuNAND to my NN3DS on latest emuNAND. Everything went well until the reboot. I booted it back into emuNAND and I keep getting error 028-3220. I have been searching all over for the past hour and I am not getting ANY results anywhere on what this error means. Can anyone offer any help?

If someone can get this fixed for me, I will send $10 via paypal or bitcoin.

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What about the new RNG keys Ninty brought to block emuNAND on N3DS?

Useless. Literally.
"-Boss ! Hackers found a way to generate New 3DS only KeyXs
-What ? But I thinked it was impossible !
-Yes. We hash a region which is disabled just after, with this hash we decrypt first key of a key region, with this key (we will call it 11Key) we generate the other keys.
-And ?
-11Key isn't immediatly cleared after use, so, if someone can use ARM9, he can decrypt all KeyXs
-So fix that and push a new key"
*9.5 is released*
"Boss ! Hackers found a way to generate the new New 3DS Key !
-What ? But I thinked it was fixed !
-Yes but...
-But what ?
-We didn't changed 11Key, so they could use the old one to generate our new Key...
-So use a different one ! You said there is a key REGION ! You just had to change 3 lines of code ! IDIOTS ! Push a new update !"

So now we're waiting for a new update...

Reactions: 2Hack

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Useless. Literally.
"-Boss ! Hackers found a way to generate New 3DS only KeyXs
-What ? But I thinked it was impossible !
-Yes. We hash a region which is disabled just after, with this hash we decrypt first key of a key region, with this key (we will call it 11Key) we generate the other keys.
-And ?
-11Key isn't immediatly cleared after use, so, if someone can use ARM9, he can decrypt all KeyXs
-So fix that and push a new key"
*9.5 is released*
"Boss ! Hackers found a way to generate the new New 3DS Key !
-What ? But I thinked it was fixed !
-Yes but...
-But what ?
-We didn't changed 11Key, so they could use the old one to generate our new Key...
-So use a different one ! You said there is a key REGION ! You just had to change 3 lines of code ! IDIOTS ! Push a new update !"

So now we're waiting for a new update...
That's what worries me. It could be fixed in the future.

Reactions: 2Hack

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
That's what worries me. It could be fixed in the future.
yeah probably will, but remember its the "new 3ds only" key's, and seeing as 99% of games will have to be backwards compatible with the old 3DS.......yeah we wont have up to date emunand, and we might miss out on a couple of n3DS exclusives.....but oh well, lets see how things go and be happy for now :lol:

Reactions: MrJason005

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
yeah probably will, but remember its the "new 3ds only" key's, and seeing as 99% of games will have to be backwards compatible with the old 3DS.......yeah we wont have up to date emunand, and we might miss out on a couple of n3DS exclusives.....but oh well, lets see how things go and be happy for now :lol:
True, but there may be some people who need eShop access etc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's always worth a shot