Hacking Gateway 3.1 Ultra Public Beta Has Arrived (EUR, USA, JPN)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 264,505
  • Replies 1,957
  • Likes 4

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Don't forget people!!!!!
Th5JUQv.png

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello there,

I have a couple of questions left.

1) Is it possible to do an EmuNAND -> EmuNAND transfer from the 3DS to the N3DS? If yes, are there any known problems?

2) I have eShop-saves, Card1-saves, Card2-roms with saves. Which saves can I transfer to the N3DS using SaveDataFiler?

According to this:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-the-emunand-save-data-mega-guide-gbatemp-doesnt-deserve.378491/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...v-to-eshop-3ds-3dz-with-savedatafiler.380246/

Card1: Just copy the <titleID>.sav to the new MicroSD
Card2/eShop: Extract with SaveDatafiler? Will this work?

Kind regards and thank you very much!

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
no way to dump nand contents from the n3DS yet....tbh im still shocked that there is only like 3 clean rips, eu is still missing SSB,NSMB2,PKM X/Y, OR/AS, Tomodachi life....and probably some others, seems there is very little demand for them :(

Little offtopic:
Yes indeed, only 4 (EU) and 2 (US) have been done, The following are missing:

Missing preinstalled game rips to CIA
- Pokémon X (Europe Pre-installed with 3DS XL or 2DS bundle)
- Pokémon Y (Europe Pre-installed with 3DS XL or 2DS bundle)
- Pokémon Alpha Sapphire (Europe Pre-installed with 2DS bundle)
- Pokémon Omega Ruby (Europe Pre-installed with 2DS bundle)
- Animal Crossing - New Leaf (Europe Pre-installed with 3DS XL or 2DS bundle)
- Super Smash Bros 3DS (Europe Pre-installed with 3DS XL bundle)
- New Super Mario Bros 2 - Gold Edition (Europe Pre-installed with 3DS XL or 2DS bundle) (Gold Edition includes all DLC)
- Tomodachi Life (Europe Pre-installed with 3DS XL or 2DS bundle)
- Luigi's Mansion 2 (Europe Pre-installed with 3DS or 3DS XL bundle)
- Mario & Luigi - Dream Team (Europe Pre-installed with 3DS XL bundle)
- Zelda Majora's Mask (Europe Pre-installed with N3DS XL bundle)
- Monster Hunter 4 (Europe Pre-installed with N3DS XL bundle)

Thanks!

Ontopic again, Now Gateway should work on 9.4 support :)

VeryCrushed

Devious Prorammer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Little offtopic:
Yes indeed, only 4 (EU) and 2 (US) have been done, The following are missing:

Ontopic again, Now Gateway should work on 9.4 support :)

lol no, they need to make everything solid before working on newer firmwares. We need a better exploit for N3DS, bugs fixed, and to get that beta word removed from the release.

Reactions: MrJason005

Tilde88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there,

I have a couple of questions left.

1) Is it possible to do an EmuNAND -> EmuNAND transfer from the 3DS to the N3DS? If yes, are there any known problems?

2) I have eShop-saves, Card1-saves, Card2-roms with saves. Which saves can I transfer to the N3DS using SaveDataFiler?

According to this:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-the-emunand-save-data-mega-guide-gbatemp-doesnt-deserve.378491/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...v-to-eshop-3ds-3dz-with-savedatafiler.380246/

Card1: Just copy the <titleID>.sav to the new MicroSD
Card2/eShop: Extract with SaveDatafiler? Will this work?

Kind regards and thank you very much!

I just did my transfer last night from my OG 3DSXL 9.5 emunand to my NN3DSXL 9.5 emuNAND. No errors whatsoever to report. Just remember that at the end it will reboot your system, and it will be in sysNAND. When you get back into emuNAND, it will finish the process.

Also, just be sure to backup all your contents. But after my transfer, my eShop titles were installed automatically onto my NN3DSXL emuNAND, as well as auto transfer of all the files in the SD card, including *.sav were imported to my NN3DSXL. So you likely don't have to recopy anything in. As for Card2 games, there is no need to backup the save, since the save is within the ROM. The ROM is on another SD card entirely. But if you are worried for w/e reason then yea back it up. If for whatever reason your .sav files are not auto imported, just copy them back into the SD card and good to go.

Finally, I prefer Card2 over Card1, simply because SDF works smoother with Card2 and less files to manage. So I use the Card1toCard2 conversion tool. Hope it helps!

Reactions: Liberty and Diag

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
lol people are like.."don't wanna buy" "don't wanna buy" "free gimme no GW Sky or CN or oOT Plz free ROM loader for homebrew free no buy plz"

if you're not going to buy said flashcarts or an exploited game and expect everything to be free...then..shut the fuck up? = D

I agree that the exploit in OoT is similar to Cubic Ninja...as in homebrew access should not require gateway...but they modified it so it required it. It's THEIR exploit.. Technically they can do anything they want with it because they found it. If you were Gateway you would do the same thing.

Diag

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
has somebody already updated emunand without GW3D in system settings? i´ve changed my micro sd before from 4 to 16 gb and formated emunand, but no GW3D.. some people think it´s related to bigger micro sd cards? donno if i should update

Tilde88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has somebody already updated emunand without GW3D in system settings? i´ve changed my micro sd before from 4 to 16 gb and formated emunand, but no GW3D.. some people think it´s related to bigger micro sd cards? donno if i should update

WoodCarbuncle;1742671 said:
hm will try to format emunand one more time.. i changed my micro sd before from a 4 gb to a 16 gb, did i understand correct that this is related to the missing GW3D? and it´s really not in emunand then?

I was one of the first to notice this bug, and I ended up learning quite a bit from it. The issue is simply that a card that is not FAT-only capable (meaning anything higher than 8GB), will not show GW3D in the FW settings. It is however, unknown if you are truly in emuNAND and propery go to the settings, that doing an update is safe. Since there is a routing possibility that the System Settings app that is being opened is being called from sysNAND. Regardless of emuNAND and sysNAND both Settings apps share certain things. For example, even whilst in emuNAND with GW3D showing, if you remove the SD card (emuNAND container) the Settings app still works.

So it may be possible that the bug is not simply just an oversight where the "GW3D" is, but it could be that since it is not a FAT card but rather a FAT32 card or a FAT32 card with a FAT partition (which is still not proper FAT-only), that it is instead opening the true sysNAND settings menu. Although personally I think it's just missing text due to SD header / formatting, and GW will prob fix it in 3.1.01... It is not worth it to try. Just update emuNAND with the original SD card, that works. Then use the other card after transfer. Only update ever if "GW3D" is there. EVER

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol