Hacking Gateway 3.1 Ultra Public Beta Has Arrived (EUR, USA, JPN)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 263,921
  • Replies 1,957
  • Likes 4

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hope this isn't a terribly stupid question but I did try reading Gateway's website. I just wanna be 100% before I go out and look for a 9.2 (or lower) new3DS.

I only need Ocarina of Time ONCE, correct? I am asking because a friend has it and will let me borrow it but I don't wanna waste my time if I permanently need the game. I am assuming not (since where else would you put the Gateway) but I just want to be 100% because I just read somewhere else that you need the cart at all times.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hope this isn't a terribly stupid question but I did try reading Gateway's website. I just wanna be 100% before I go out and look for a 9.2 (or lower) new3DS.

I only need Ocarina of Time ONCE, correct? I am asking because a friend has it and will let me borrow it but I don't wanna waste my time if I permanently need the game. I am assuming not (since where else would you put the Gateway) but I just want to be 100% because I just read somewhere else that you need the cart at all times.

You'll need it each time to boot the exploit.

troa11

Older Than You
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was one of the first to notice this bug, and I ended up learning quite a bit from it. The issue is simply that a card that is not FAT-only capable (meaning anything higher than 8GB), will not show GW3D in the FW settings. It is however, unknown if you are truly in emuNAND and propery go to the settings, that doing an update is safe. Since there is a routing possibility that the System Settings app that is being opened is being called from sysNAND. Regardless of emuNAND and sysNAND both Settings apps share certain things. For example, even whilst in emuNAND with GW3D showing, if you remove the SD card (emuNAND container) the Settings app still works.

So it may be possible that the bug is not simply just an oversight where the "GW3D" is, but it could be that since it is not a FAT card but rather a FAT32 card or a FAT32 card with a FAT partition (which is still not proper FAT-only), that it is instead opening the true sysNAND settings menu. Although personally I think it's just missing text due to SD header / formatting, and GW will prob fix it in 3.1.01... It is not worth it to try. Just update emuNAND with the original SD card, that works. Then use the other card after transfer. Only update ever if "GW3D" is there. EVER

Uhhh...I have a 64gb SDXC card formatted to FAT32 in my Majora's Mask N3DS XL and I get the GW3D in my settings.

Leslie White

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I first tried the N3DS GW exploit with the 4gb micro sd card which came with the N3DS, it showed GW3D9.5. I tried a 32gb one, didn't show GW in the console settings :(

Same problem y'all met.

Sadly, emunand tool doesn't seem to work with the GW for N3DS yet, as I tried to extract the previously created GW3D9.5 N3DSemunand, which gave me a 512kb file :/

AntiCat

Trophies
XP
Country
I just did my transfer last night from my OG 3DSXL 9.5 emunand to my NN3DSXL 9.5 emuNAND. No errors whatsoever to report. Just remember that at the end it will reboot your system, and it will be in sysNAND. When you get back into emuNAND, it will finish the process. ...

Great summary!
If am not mistaken the system transfer always separates sysnand and emunand on the source and target system?!

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll need it each time to boot the exploit.

Wrong. Needed every time.

Oh wow, thank you! I wasn't aware. OK maybe I will just buy a 9.2 and wait patiently :)

I know it sounds really lazy but I don't want to have to carry around two 3DS carts (too easy to lose one) everywhere I bring my new3DS so I will just stick with the old 3DS XL for now. Thanks for clearing it up!

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I was hoping to do a system transfer over to the new 3DS, but I'm not seeing the GW3D in system settings, so... guess I'm waiting before I try the transfer. :(

From what others have said, they just change the theme and that will tell them if they are in emunand or not. For me, at first, the unwrapping of cia's was what help me know if it was emunand or not. But since my emunand is the only place that has cia's I know if I'm in emunand or not.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
cubic ninja was rare, a zelda game? no chance, stop giving scalpers any ideas.

I agree with you here mech, its not a rare game but can be found for above average prices, definetly the older gamecube games

I got my copy today however for £33 so im much luckier than most but for a game £40 - $60 in 2011 it should be around about £30 - $45 so I'm thinking you guys are kind of unlucky atm in US if you cant find any for better prices?

Suthek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh wow, thank you! I wasn't aware. OK maybe I will just buy a 9.2 and wait patiently :)

I know it sounds really lazy but I don't want to have to carry around two 3DS carts (too easy to lose one) everywhere I bring my new3DS so I will just stick with the old 3DS XL for now. Thanks for clearing it up!

I believe that as long as you just leave it in standby you don't need to bring the zelda one around with you.
It's only when you do a full power cycle or cycle settings that it would kick you out. (I think.)

I try think of it being like a tethered Iphone jailbreak.
Sure you need to run the exploit next time you turn off your phone... but who turns off their phone?

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
From what others have said, they just change the theme and that will tell them if they are in emunand or not. For me, at first, the unwrapping of cia's was what help me know if it was emunand or not. But since my emunand is the only place that has cia's I know if I'm in emunand or not.

I can easily check multirom to know whether or not I'm in emunand, but I heard that going into system settings kicks it back to sysnand (rather than leaving settings, like before).
Is it safe to update through eshop? 'cause I might just do that instead.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Got my 9.0 N3DS and my Cubic Ninja ready.

Now I just need to decide what to do with my Japanese N3DS, since it's practically a paperweight.

You gotta wait as its still in beta, support for all n3ds will come, you won't need another game to run exploit in fture im sure, ESPECIALLY if u have cubic ninja

andzalot55

I'm very delicious. mmmm.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't forget people!!!!!
Th5JUQv.png
You forgot to mention "Support the innovators not the imitators, and as always ENJOY!"

Reactions: stanleyopar2000

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Got my 9.0 N3DS and my Cubic Ninja ready.

Now I just need to decide what to do with my Japanese N3DS, since it's practically a paperweight.
Is it a regular sized jap one, or XL?
You gotta wait as its still in beta, support for all n3ds will come, you won't need another game to run exploit in fture im sure, ESPECIALLY if u have cubic ninja
Nah, cubic ninja is region locked obv, so he'd need a jap cubic ninja.
A cart-less exploit will require a lot more time I think, and I'm sure there will be a soft mod alternative quickly after.

Either way, I think cubic ninja is the cart everyone should have just in case ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    sorabora tempBOT: sorabora has joined the room.