Tutorial  Updated

Full Stock to arm9loaderhax CFW Guide - Everything You Need to Know (Includes OTPHelper Now)

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

This guide includes information to get you from nearly any situation to full arm9loaderhax CFW.

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

Last edited by Plailect,

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I'm installing plaisys and it's not appearing on my home menu, when I open the homebrewmenu it just crashes (hbl)

In that case try an SD migration now as your current one could be corrupt. Search for how to move emunand and follow that then copy everything else over normally through windows.

xZaggin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In that case try an SD migration now as your current one could be corrupt. Search for how to move emunand and follow that then copy everything else over normally through windows.

Okay so I'll be following this guide I'll be sending everything over from my 32gig to my 64 gig.
How exactly will this fix it since it's an exact copy even for hidden files?

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Didn't work :/

I also updated the hax to 2.7 gamma by holding X and it still crashes

Did it let you upgrade to 10.7 OK?

I think your emunand may be damaged somehow. I don't know if there are any tools around to fix it or if you have a backup of it then it may be possible to recover it from that.

xZaggin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Didn't work :/
Did it let you upgrade to 10.7 OK?

I think your emunand may be damaged somehow. I don't know if there are any tools around to fix it or if you have a backup of it then it may be possible to recover it from that.

I can't find the 10.7 update files, 3DNUS just gets stuck at the first CIA package. Manual way in system setting crashes.

Right now I'm setting up another EmuNAND on the new SD card

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got arm9 installed and everything. I know I'm finished with the guide. I installed HBL and it works. But all my homebrew crashes when try to run any of it. Most of it either hangs or restarts the HBL.

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I can't find the 10.7 update files, 3DNUS just gets stuck at the first CIA package. Manual way in system setting crashes.

Right now I'm setting up another EmuNAND on the new SD card

You update to 10.7 from the system menu whilst in emunand. You don't need to install it from a 3rd party. You can get it straight from Nintendo's update service.

This is all in the tutorial tbh.

xZaggin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You update to 10.7 from the system menu whilst in emunand. You don't need to install it from a 3rd party. You can get it straight from Nintendo's update service.

This is all in the tutorial tbh.

yes this is what I meant by "manual way in system settings" it crashes around 1/6th of the loading

darkfuturez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Finally got around to installing this last night. Took me about 6 hours, because I was doing some chores in between the copy/pasting which took forever on my 64gb card. Everything went smoothly, as I followed the video and referenced the guide. However, only thing that happened was I lost my GBA save of Metroid Fusion. All my other game saves are there, but not GBA. I'm assuming there's nothing I can do about that?

Thanks for the guide, glad to be a part of the a9lh club.

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
yes this is what I meant by "manual way in system settings" it crashes around 1/6th of the loading

I wonder if one of those crashes has potentially left you with a frankenfirmware then. You may need to use recovery at this point unless you can restore from a backup.

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A couple of questions regarding the region changing portion of the guide, specifically regarding steps 23-25.

1. How do I tell what titles can be safely removed after changing region? Going from JAP to USA.
2. What titles should I expect to be missing and have to be downloaded via 3DNUS?
3. When updating a region-changed SysNAND, can I simply do it via System Settings or do I have to do it via some other means?

xZaggin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder if one of those crashes has potentially left you with a frankenfirmware then. You may need to use recovery at this point unless you can restore from a backup.

Yes they did, that was already discussed a while back in another thread I made, that why I decided I want to keep this SD card and just buy a bigger one, everything works besides online now

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Yes they did, that was already discussed a while back in another thread I made, that why I decided I want to keep this SD card and just buy a bigger one, everything works besides online now

Could you try reflashing the same firmware that you currently have on emunand to emunand via NAND9 or does that cause a crash?

xZaggin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Could you try reflashing the same firmware that you currently have on emunand to emunand via NAND9 or does that cause a crash?

I never tried that because I have no idea what that even means, right now I'm just using a different SD with Rei10.7 no games (except for physicial ones) But if you explain that to me or link me to a thread I'm more than willing to try and fix it

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I never tried that because I have no idea what that even means, right now I'm just using a different SD with Rei10.7 no games (except for physicial ones) But if you explain that to me or link me to a thread I'm more than willing to try and fix it

If you have a working emunand now then I would just stick with that tbh. You would need a very recent backup to make the most out of what I just said in my last post anyway.

eekoyy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm stuck at Part 1 of this guide.
I got a 2ds 9.9.0-24U
I did Copied the <starter kit> to the root of my SDcard.
I Changed theme change it back
Changed the date to 01-01-2000 and time to 00:00
Can't make the browser to work, having the "In order to use the Internet browser, a system update is required" message

Can anyone help? Thanks

xZaggin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you have a working emunand now then I would just stick with that tbh. You would need a very recent backup to make the most out of what I just said in my last post anyway.

Okay but is it possible to get everything from one SD card to the other while keeping my new emunand?
So for example I have a 32 gig with shitty emunand but a ton of saved gameds roms and what not

Now I have a fresh new 64 gig - set up emunand from scratch but it's empty af, and I'm hoping to get A9LH through this setup

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Okay but is it possible to get everything from one SD card to the other while keeping my new emunand?
So for example I have a 32 gig with shitty emunand but a ton of saved gameds roms and what not

Now I have a fresh new 64 gig - set up emunand from scratch but it's empty af, and I'm hoping to get A9LH through this setup

Yes if those emunands are the same but no if they're not. Do the folders have the same names?

xZaggin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am stuck at part 4 step 22 - 26. My Emunand and Sysnand do not match the sizes specified.
They keep coming out at 1.933312 Gigs both of them

edit: Disregard this I'm dumb

Last edited by xZaggin,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, I've got a fairly dark sense of humor lol.