Tutorial  Updated

Full Stock to arm9loaderhax CFW Guide - Completely Redesigned

https://3ds.guide/

This guide includes information to get you from nearly any situation to full arm9loaderhax CFW.

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

Last edited by Plailect,

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Ulell

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
HI, sorry for my bad english.
I try your guide but when i come to point that said
Section V - Injecting FBI
  1. Open Hourglass9 from arm9loaderhax by holding (Start) on boot
  2. Go to “SysNAND Backup/Restore”, then select the “Health&Safety Dump” option to dump Health & Safety to hs.app (you can use Up and Down / Left and Right to change the name)
  3. Press (B), then select the “Health&Safety Inject” option
  4. Select the FBI injectable .app for your region
  5. Press (A) and confirm to inject
  6. Press (Start) to reboot
  7. If you still launch to the stock Health & Safety app and have downgraded with Gateway in the past

The injection file on Hourglass9 don't appear, but appear only hs.app file.
I try to make my own file with Injectorhelper, in this case i see the app file and i inject on h&S but,
when i start my old 3ds, the icon don't appear and there's a blank cube in his space.

I've a old 3ds, that i previously modded with cube ninja and i try to install emunand with rxtool.
I used two sd card.
I delete also all fbi file and leave only EU file for my old 3ds.

Tnx and sorry again for my bad english ^_^

Last edited by Ulell,

Squall78

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a stock new 3dsxl on 9.8.0 firmware.

I have followed the guide and installed the homebrew launcher, downgraded to 9.2.0 and am now at the step for "Decrypt9 (Homebrew Launcher)

1. Create a folder named files9 on the root of your SD card if it does not already exist
  2. Copy the Decrypt9WIP folder from the Decrypt9WIP zip to /3ds/ on your SD card
  3. Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS
  4. Enter the homebrew launcher
This is where I am running into a problem -- I am holding DOWN on the d-pad when I reboot, but homebrew launcher doesn't seem to start anymore.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction here?

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have a stock new 3dsxl on 9.8.0 firmware.

I have followed the guide and installed the homebrew launcher, downgraded to 9.2.0 and am now at the step for "Decrypt9 (Homebrew Launcher)

1. Create a folder named files9 on the root of your SD card if it does not already exist
  2. Copy the Decrypt9WIP folder from the Decrypt9WIP zip to /3ds/ on your SD card
  3. Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS
  4. Enter the homebrew launcher
This is where I am running into a problem -- I am holding DOWN on the d-pad when I reboot, but homebrew launcher doesn't seem to start anymore.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction here?
Install menuhax again as you did the first time.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just want to say thanks :D

Managed to install CFW and downgrade several different 3ds :)

Great job!!!!

Had a lot of frustration and problems following YouTube videos in the past and ignored CfW as gateway was doing the job fine.
But thanks to you everything is smooth lol.

Cheers man

Zeri

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Thank you, Plailect for the awesome guide.

I am currently stuck at updating from system settings after restoring nandmin.bin from hourglass. I have an O3DS XL downgraded from 10.6.0-31U. Currently at guide for installing arm9loaderhax (Section IV Restoring the System).

"An error has occured. Unable to update. The system will now be restarted."
This is the error prompt when I tried to update from system settings.

Following the guide, I performed a 9.2.0 ctrtransfer which also result in the same error when I tried to update from system settings.

What should I do to rectify this problem?

EDIT: Performed another restoration to nandmin.bin using hourglass and then tried updating for several times. Fortunately, it succeeded in updating!

Last edited by Zeri,

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to follow this guide but getting ssl connection failed when attempting to load the browserhax to install menuhax. Any ideas? It's an o3ds on 10.5.0-30U and I've followed the first steps exactly.

k3nnyzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can't boot into menuhax directly, it doesn't work (worked the first few times but stopped working after i installed decrypt9), anyone know why?

Slaytina

Trophies
XP
Country
how did you make it work, i got the same problem, it would be nice if you answered fast as im impacient asf. thanks

Slaytina

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to follow this guide but getting ssl connection failed when attempting to load the browserhax to install menuhax. Any ideas? It's an o3ds on 10.5.0-30U and I've followed the first steps exactly.
same problem on 9.8.0-25E gmfu shit wont work.

AboboSuper

Trophies
XP
Country
Just followed the guide up to downgrading to 9.2.

During installation the downgrade crashed to the black Nintendo error screen. I powered off, tried to boot and got black screens, I thought I had bricked. I removed the SD card and now the systems boots, system settings show it's on 9.2

Surely I have a partial downgrade, how should I proceed from here?

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Just followed the guide up to downgrading to 9.2.

During installation the downgrade crashed to the black Nintendo error screen. I powered off, tried to boot and got black screens, I thought I had bricked. I removed the SD card and now the systems boots, system settings show it's on 9.2

Surely I have a partial downgrade, how should I proceed from here?
Redo the 9.2 downgrade.

AboboSuper

Trophies
XP
Country
Redo the 9.2 downgrade.

The HBC kept hanging then giving me the black nintendo error screen. I swapped the otherapp.bin on my memory card for one matching the partial 9.2 firmware, now HBC boots again. Should I bother to install menuhax again, or go straight to attempting the downgrade again?

Last edited by AboboSuper,

CoolAlpha

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way to keep luma's config after is updated?
What's the point of the "Autoboot SysNAND" option since with this guide at the end there is no emunand/rednand?

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The HBC kept hanging then giving me the black nintendo error screen. I swapped the otherapp.bin on my memory card for one matching the partial 9.2 firmware, now HBC boots again. Should I bother to install menuhax again, or go straight to attempting the downgrade again?
With menuhax, the success rate of getting the am:u handle is greater than directly with browserhax.
Try it with the one that Works for you.
You'll probably going to only install the NATIVE_FIRM cia (that what usually errors on the downgrade).

After you run the downgrader, run this program from @zoogie (from homebrew) to check that you have a clean 9.2:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/potenti...after-downgrading.410075/page-10#post-6006406

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is there a way to keep luma's config after is updated?
What's the point of the "Autoboot SysNAND" option since with this guide at the end there is no emunand/rednand?
Since there can be new features on Luma with each update, the config is resetted when updated to prevent issues (it happened before).

The "Autoboot SysNAND" is there because some people still use emuNAND (although it's not needed with A9LH).

Reactions: CoolAlpha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://kotaku.com/nintendo-switch-yuzu-emulator-github-piracy-zelda-1851452740