Flashcarts with the least or most contact issues

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Regene, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Regene
    OP

Regene Member

Newcomer
    May 30, 2014
    United States
    I was curious for those that had several different flashcarts throughout the years in your personal experience. Which ones are near perfect and ones that had those issues and what DS models? I have one which is the R4i Gold 3DS RTS and had it for about 2 years and sometimes it says there's no game pak inserted on my DS Lite despite both the cart and micro SD is already inserted. So I have to eject and insert the cart gently to get it to work but seems to me it's the area in the micro SD to cart section I think. But most of the time it works fine.

I remember years ago that the Acekard carts had those issues. How's the ones that are still being made and supported today like the Supercard DStwo Plus, R4iSDHC, etc.

2. jDSX

jDSX LUEicide

Jun 15, 2015
    United States
    Happy furry land with Lucar
    Well I have a older flashcart r4i "wifi" clone that wouldn't work on any dsi/xl that had the latest update 1.4.5u, unless I used my action replay to bypass the signature check so not worth it to me since i only have a dsixl I ended up buying a ds lite and it worked fine even though it said on the card "for ds/dsl(ite)/dsi/dsill(xl in japan?)" Now I got a newer clone 'dual core' and I believe it will work fine on the dsi (hopefully) since it's newer than the other. I would like to get a dstwo supercard.

I never had any problems with the one I am using now when using it on the dslite always shows up on it, no freezing or bad reads in either of the roms since I use a class 10 SD games run smoothly.

Last edited by jDSX, Nov 19, 2015
  3. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    R4 (original): Piece of shit contacts after ~2 years.
    AK2i: Piece of shit contacts after ~2 years.
    GW blue card: It still works great, but it will be a PoS

4. cocoPika

cocoPika GBAtemp Regular

Dec 2, 2014
    Canada
    R4i Gold 3DS from r4ids.cn have the best compatibility among micro sd cards, all sd cards can work directly on it.

5. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    The best card that I got so far (from the build quality) is the EWIN2 SD. The DS-Xtreme probably comes directly after that.

6. VinsCool

VinsCool Comfortably Numb

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Super Card DSTwo, this one has major contact issues over the time.
    I have it for years, and as much it works wonderfully, it used to not be detected nor being "ejected" mid-game -- I mean, it just be undetected, so games crashes during a loading zone or a save.

warmo161 likes this.