Fizeau - Adjust color of your Switch screen

Fizeau
test.png

Adjust the color of the screen of your Nintendo Switch.

Features:
  • Modify the color temperature of the display.
  • Filter colors to one single component.
  • Apply color corrections: gamma, luminance, and color range.
  • Control the screen backlight brightness.
  • Schedule settings to be applied to dusk/dawn time, with smooth transitions.
Installation:
Download the latest zip from the release page, unzip it to the root of your sd card (be careful to merge and not overwrite folders), and reboot.
Only the latest version of the Atmosphère CFW is supported.
If you want to use the overlay, you will need to set up Tesla (install Tesla-Menu and ovlloader). This isn't supported on firmware versions prior to 9.0.0.

Supported firmwares:
All firmares are expected working. The software was tested working on 1.0.0, 2.0.0, 6.0.0 and 10.1.0. If you encounter an issue running this on a particular version, please create an issue.
Settings:
  • Settings are saved at /switch/Fizeau/config.ini, which you can also edit.
  • To reduce the memory usage of the sysmodule, settings are not read continually. Instead, they are applied on application launch. Thus, you will need to launch the client after a reboot to restart Fizeau.

Link: https://github.com/averne/Fizeau/

Last edited by averne,

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've started using this to fix the washed out colors of the LCD screen but for the best settings I have to change it per game so would it be possible to have profiles per game? something like the profiles in sysclk for example

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've started using this to fix the washed out colors of the LCD screen but for the best settings I have to change it per game so would it be possible to have profiles per game? something like the profiles in sysclk for example

This is a great idea.

I think due to this:
  • To reduce the memory usage of the sysmodule, settings are not read continually. Instead, they are applied on application launch. Thus, you will need to launch the client after a reboot to restart Fizeau.
…fizeau will not pickup changes to the profile without starting the client. Maybe a list of profiles could be added so you could apply a previously set profile from a list of say a dozen or so?

Just my initial thoughts. only @averne can truly answer this for us.

averne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There are already 4 profiles available, you can switch between those (though they are normally meant for different screens).
I'm not really enclined towards this kind of feature creep.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are already 4 profiles available, you can switch between those (though they are normally meant for different screens).
I'm not really enclined towards this kind of feature creep.
these profiles are not accessible from the overlay itself which would mean opening the homebrew switching to one loading the game seeing how well it works for a game so I don't have to overwrite one of the already presaved ones if it doesn't work well then opening the homebrew again switching to another rinse and repeat and if none of them work well I would then have to overwrite one of the few profiles. at that point it would be quicker to just to change them per game this is not a solution to lack of per game profiles

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
these profiles are not accessible from the overlay itself which would mean opening the homebrew switching to one loading the game seeing how well it works for a game so I don't have to overwrite one of the already presaved ones if it doesn't work well then opening the homebrew again switching to another rinse and repeat and if none of them work well I would then have to overwrite one of the few profiles. at that point it would be quicker to just to change them per game this is not a solution to lack of per game profiles
If that's the problem, maybe the solution is just to have more profiles. I'm not a programmer of any kind, but if there's already four, it shouldn't be too hard to add two or three more, right? And that wouldn't count as feature creep, because it's still the same feature. @averne, would this be easy to implement, or do I misunderstand how these things work? I'm leaning towards the latter, but I just thought I'd make a suggestion.

Soler37

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
does anyone have a good setting for this? Im assuming its universal
Is there a general recommended setting or presets for FIZEAU?
What I noticed with the OLED-like setting that most people are posting is that you lose some picture/text as it darkens the screen, for instance, in Super Mario Odyssey home menu, there is text floating that you cannot see with that proposed setting active:
gamma_day = 1.85
gamma_night = 1.85
brightness_day = 1.0
anyone?

Working GREAT so far. Thanks @averne !

One nit is my overlay still shows 2.3.0.

View attachment 335686

Might be something I‘m not doing properly on my end though.
btw your Switch looks insane and clean with those lights, unfortunately, on Amazon there many negative reviews about how flawed this product is so I'm turned off from buying it, I assume more battery is used?

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw your Switch looks insane and clean with those lights, unfortunately, on Amazon there many negative reviews about how flawed this product is so I'm turned off from buying it, I assume more battery is used?
Thanks!

I’ve not noticed much additional drain on the batteries but I rarely play with the lights on because they are bright and I rarely play with my joycons disconnected. So I guess I’m saying they served their purpose in eliciting this very message and are just a flashy flex that doesn’t have much practical day to day use. 😂

Reactions: Gep_Etto

MultiKoopa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
was wondering, are you gonna try to get backlight control working again? it's so incredibly dark at night that only turning the switch's brightness to max makes the screen visible

gouki99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
This has probably been asked, but what's the performance cost when it comes to input delay? I mainly use my Switch to stream games from my PC. Would be great to use this to combat blue light, while still getting good responsiveness in streamed games.

averne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This has probably been asked, but what's the performance cost when it comes to input delay? I mainly use my Switch to stream games from my PC. Would be great to use this to combat blue light, while still getting good responsiveness in streamed games.
There's no delay that I know of, especially not input delay.
It uses a feature of the display controller. There might be slightly increased power consumption but it's totally unrelated to input.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo