Fizeau - Adjust color of your Switch screen

Fizeau
test.png

Adjust the color of the screen of your Nintendo Switch.

Features:
  • Modify the color temperature of the display.
  • Filter colors to one single component.
  • Apply color corrections: gamma, luminance, and color range.
  • Control the screen backlight brightness.
  • Schedule settings to be applied to dusk/dawn time, with smooth transitions.
Installation:
Download the latest zip from the release page, unzip it to the root of your sd card (be careful to merge and not overwrite folders), and reboot.
Only the latest version of the Atmosphère CFW is supported.
If you want to use the overlay, you will need to set up Tesla (install Tesla-Menu and ovlloader). This isn't supported on firmware versions prior to 9.0.0.

Supported firmwares:
All firmares are expected working. The software was tested working on 1.0.0, 2.0.0, 6.0.0 and 10.1.0. If you encounter an issue running this on a particular version, please create an issue.
Settings:
  • Settings are saved at /switch/Fizeau/config.ini, which you can also edit.
  • To reduce the memory usage of the sysmodule, settings are not read continually. Instead, they are applied on application launch. Thus, you will need to launch the client after a reboot to restart Fizeau.

Link: https://github.com/averne/Fizeau/

Last edited by averne,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
very cool, hopefully with time we can actually modify the colors instead of the overlay that is currently used.
i find it very annoying when black isn't black - but a lot of work went into this and i'm excited for what it will become :)

averne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
very cool, hopefully with time we can actually modify the colors instead of the overlay that is currently used.
i find it very annoying when black isn't black - but a lot of work went into this and i'm excited for what it will become :)
Yeah I can understand that. I'm looking into a better way to achieve a similar result, but I can't guarantee anything will come out of it.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your black isnt black, turn your brightness and contrast down.

I think the switch has a pretty decent screen for a tablet.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn it, I wish was that we could actually change the LCD color calibration it self, my friend switch is slightly whiter than mine even though it's the same model, I really liked to give it slightly more blue to mine, but at least I'm glad I didn't end up with a horrible super yellow LCD like some people sadly get :)

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your black isnt black, turn your brightness and contrast down.

I think the switch has a pretty decent screen for a tablet.
What he means is when you overlay black with another color - the black becomes not black

This app doesn't change the screen colors - it's the equivalent of putting red plastic over the screen

It's a very nice app - but ideally we could change the output colors themselves

Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over