Fizeau - Adjust color of your Switch screen

Fizeau
test.png

Adjust the color of the screen of your Nintendo Switch.

Features:
  • Modify the color temperature of the display.
  • Filter colors to one single component.
  • Apply color corrections: gamma, luminance, and color range.
  • Control the screen backlight brightness.
  • Schedule settings to be applied to dusk/dawn time, with smooth transitions.
Installation:
Download the latest zip from the release page, unzip it to the root of your sd card (be careful to merge and not overwrite folders), and reboot.
Only the latest version of the Atmosphère CFW is supported.
If you want to use the overlay, you will need to set up Tesla (install Tesla-Menu and ovlloader). This isn't supported on firmware versions prior to 9.0.0.

Supported firmwares:
All firmares are expected working. The software was tested working on 1.0.0, 2.0.0, 6.0.0 and 10.1.0. If you encounter an issue running this on a particular version, please create an issue.
Settings:
  • Settings are saved at /switch/Fizeau/config.ini, which you can also edit.
  • To reduce the memory usage of the sysmodule, settings are not read continually. Instead, they are applied on application launch. Thus, you will need to launch the client after a reboot to restart Fizeau.

Link: https://github.com/averne/Fizeau/

Last edited by averne,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
It's still unbelievable that nintendo hasn't implemented this into the switch. I don't even like playing the thing at night without turning my lights on again because it broils my eyes so much
from one human to another, get some of these, or something similar - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GSFTX08
some people might think it's dumb but, since they are glasses, they work with anything, any device, new, old, hackable, not hackable...
of course it is cool if our devices can be altered to do what we want (make the screen less blue etc), but in reality we all know that's not possible for everything.
for something important like eye comfort and sleep... be proactive and just get something to fix it 100% :)

(sort of off topic... sorry OP)

averne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reactions: cearp

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Personally, I've never had any issue with "blue light" keeping me awake at night, and turning on a blue light filter just results in a nasty orange hue that actually causes some eye pain to look at.
I've never had eye strain issues either, whether it was from 'looking at electronics for too long', the 3DS's stereoscopic 3D, or anything, so this is quite bizarre.

Then again, at night I turn my bedroom lights on (I've got a TV on my desk) and keep playing until 11pm, where I put my console (PS4/Switch) into sleep mode, turn my TV off, put my Windows laptop into sleep mode, turn the bedroom lights off, then hop into bed and read fanfiction on my Macbook (no colour filter there either) until I feel tired, whereupon it doesn't seem to take me long to fall asleep.
No issues with blue light, and trying a filter is ugly and painful, no matter if my bedroom lights are on or off.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Don't worry, you can set it to blue -- or any color you'd like.
In fact if you look hard enough you might even make it rainbow colored... ;)
I've seen it. :) Might try to set a first gen Switch to D65 on white later on, If I do so I'll share my findings. (Although they used two different manufaturers for screens even early on if I remember correctly.) I'm just gloating. ;) (The amount of stuff that got sold with 'blue light filter' as a feature was astonishing.. :) Heck Apple had it in their products, right.. ;) ) Thank you for your work.

One question btw - does the overlay also get applied to docked mode?

Last edited by notimp,

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Possibly, but as my console doesn't have this issue I'm not sure which settings would do well, sorry.

none of my switches have it either but i ve seen them which is why if your well-known in-store ask them if u can test them. just turn brightness to max then compare them

averne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've seen it. :) Might try to set a first gen Switch to D65 on white later on, If I do so I'll share my findings. (Although they used two different manufaturers for screens even early on if I remember correctly.) I'm just gloating. ;) (The amount of stuff that got sold with 'blue light filter' as a feature was astonishing.. :) Heck Apple had it in their products, right.. ;) ) Thank you for your work.

One question btw - does the overlay also get applied to docked mode?
Yes, it does.

Reactions: notimp

cinemon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I must say it.
I love you!
I have waiting so long for such a tool. Since the beginning of the Switch In 2016.
Awesome!

Are there other settings in the pipeline? It would be awesome if we can change the Saturation and Contrast of the Screen (Overlay). It feels always to dim and dull for me... Nintendo Games must pop ;)

Is it possible to tweak a "blur" overlay to blur some Jaggi Games (no Antialiaising)?

But anyway, thx for this awesome tweak.

averne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I must say it.
I love you!
I have waiting so long for such a tool. Since the beginning of the Switch In 2016.
Awesome!

Are there other settings in the pipeline? It would be awesome if we can change the Saturation and Contrast of the Screen (Overlay). It feels always to dim and dull for me... Nintendo Games must pop ;)

Is it possible to tweak a "blur" overlay to blur some Jaggi Games (no Antialiaising)?

But anyway, thx for this awesome tweak.
Nope sorry, those are all post-processing effects. The range of what is possible is already included in the rgba sliders (+screen brightness).

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
"blue light may not be as disruptive to our sleep patterns as originally thought" They use the conditional for a reason.
If you could actually extract meaning out of a text, which you failed to - you would find, that there is a second conditional thats more important that states, that light in the 'more orange spectrum, later in the day' hurts your sleep cycles more.

Which is what makes the entire thing so funny.

There were gaggles of evangelists hurting peoples sleep cycles with blue light filters, which where orange overlays on LCDs, preaching to the world, that they were doing the opposite.

Its in the text. You could also draw on the findings in the original study, its linked in there as well.

And yes, human people really can be that dumb, and gullable, and influenced by PR - while never ever, willing to admit their own wrongdoing in the process. (Oh, no - PR doesnt work on them, but they all were very concerned with installing blue light filter apps on their smartphones... (which btw where all produced with access blue tint, because people preferred it, as more "vibrant". Color accuracy never was something that sold. So naturally the next thing is for them to found a religion, "that orange screens at night are so much nicer to look at", which I have to say grew to amazing popularity levels, if you take into account, that it was all bullshit.))

Last edited by notimp,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What he means is when you overlay black with another color - the black becomes not black

This app doesn't change the screen colors - it's the equivalent of putting red plastic over the screen

It's a very nice app - but ideally we could change the output colors themselves
Again, change brightness and contrast.

Ive played many games like doom and for me blacks are pitch black.

If your brightness and contrast is too high the its allowing the other colours to come through because its using more back light.

Turn it down and youll see the difference.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho