Falcom Licenses Sora no Kiseki Series For Smartphones

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by prowler, Dec 28, 2011.

1. prowler
    OP

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom

Aeria announced today that it has signed a licensing agreement with Falcom to release the games in the Sora no Kiseki trilogy on smartphones in Japan and in the English speaking world.

Sora no Kiseki is a part of Falcom's Legend of Heroes series. First released in 2004, the trilogy has gone on to sell 1.3 million units. The first PSP entry in the trilogy was released internationally under the name The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky.

Aeria says that the smartphone conversions will retain the basic game elements of the original titles, but will add social aspects and online functionality. The company did not share release details or platform information today.

http://andriasang.com/comzis/sora_no_kiseki_smartphones/

lmao.

2. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    That's actually good news.

Someone's going to read this story improperly and start bashing.

3. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    How the fuck are they going to incorporate social functionality? Does it automatically update our twitter and facebook accounts?

EDIT: Smatphones really are taking over handheld gaming.

4. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    You may have the option to let the game update your Facebook or Twitter automatically.

5. prowler
    OP

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    i don't see how this is good news when Aeria gets help from their fans to translate games.

6. insidexdeath

Member insidexdeath .

United Kingdom
    BAD NEWS. I wanna play good games on some real buttons not on some fucking touch screen.

7. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    Face it, many game companies are selling their innocent souls to social media and smartphones, it's bad, but hey at least someone is localizing their stuff.

8. Qtis

Member Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    Everything was well in the news before and after "will add social aspects". Not to being a pessimist, but I don't really see that much of an update in "Qtis is now at level 4" "Qtis just found a Giant Claymore!" "Qtis is now at level 5!" on facebook. I don't really want to share online everything that I do. If it's optional. I'm game, but it it's compulsory, I'll pass.

ps. Off topic: This brings to mind C&C4. I bought the game, but ended up getting a No-CD crack because of compulsory online. What a way to get people to get cracked versions of the games..