Hacking EZFlash Redux. New 3ds flash cart?

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
awaiting for unboxing and analysis...and price.

Anyways...we have luma....and i have some problem with ez team and his forgotten EZFLASHVi so i wont waste my money on this scammers

Greetings

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The first MicroSD card side plug design in the market
Never actually thought this would be a marketing point. o__0

While I still do have a soft spot for flashcarts, unless this can do more than GW and/or Sky, there is barely any reason to choose this. And I have not even factored free CFWs into the mix yet.

inb4 we get another wave of bricks which will lead to more finger pointing and bashing and e-peen wagging.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal

While I still do have a soft spot for flashcarts, unless this can do more than GW and/or Sky, there is barely any reason to choose this. And I have not even factored free CFWs into the mix yet.

inb4 we get another wave of bricks which will lead to more finger pointing and bashing and e-peen wagging.
I would get one of these, I quite like the EZ Flash team, and I like to collect carts. In fact, I do want both a Sky and a GW, but not only are they expensive, especially the Sky, I hate the GW team. Lol.

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@gnmmarechal That's perfectly fine. I mean, you can even go and splurge on a 3DSLink if that is what you desire. I used GW and Sky as the benchmark because both stood the test of time pretty well. Granted the former isn't as quick as they used to be with updates and the latter had a couple of revisions if my memory serves me correctly. I would rather not discuss about morals here because everyone has a different set of values and I don't want to shove it down someone's throat just because.

SimplyFedorable

Evangelion Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully they found a new exploit. At the very least they should make resikns of the community tools to downgrade (like plaisysupdater) and a mod of exsiting community cfw, or hell, why not they use the community tools without messing with them?

SimplyFedorable

Evangelion Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, another flashcard. I have 3 theories:
1: They found a new Exploit and are exploit based. Could be possible.
2: It is emulation based.
Or
3: It's a Gatewait Clone and they mean that 10.7 is compatible with a downgrading thing.
Well, new exploit would be preferable, as then this card would have real usage, but it's most likely a gateway clone. I personally doubt it's emulation based like a sky3ds.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
@gnmmarechal That's perfectly fine. I mean, you can even go and splurge on a 3DSLink if that is what you desire. I used GW and Sky as the benchmark because both stood the test of time pretty well. Granted the former isn't as quick as they used to be with updates and the latter had a couple of revisions if my memory serves me correctly. I would rather not discuss about morals here because everyone has a different set of values and I don't want to shove it down someone's throat just because.
Welp, I don't particularly like those who made the 3DSLink, while I do like the EZ Flash brand, so I wouldn't go for it. And I'm hoping that this one is more than just a GW clone.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Well, another flashcard. I have 3 theories:
1: They found a new Exploit and are exploit based. Could be possible.
2: It is emulation based like Sky 3ds
Or
3: It's a Gatewait Clone and they mean that 10.7 is compatible with a downgrading thing.
you and everybody....
i wish they would create something like dstwo+, a hybrid card to play ds games and 3ds...

True, and even though it says side loading it is just 8 pins still going to roughly the same place that you get to account for should they have decided to get their clone on so that does not count for much.

I await the PCB shots and analysis of the downloads (presently absent on the site) too, however I felt it worth saying that the company are, or at least were, the real deal.

i am only intrigued about this feature, i have an ez iv and one of the things that most bothers me is the need to remove the card to remove the micro sd card.. the constant removal wears out both the ds slot and the card...
however putting it in the side when well done, guarantees that the sd card stays in place and you will have no issues from touching the card on the top, and shields it basically..
it's in a good position if you give the card to kids they don't play with the micro sd card that much

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Welp, I don't particularly like those who made the 3DSLink, while I do like the EZ Flash brand, so I wouldn't go for it. And I'm hoping that this one is more than just a GW clone.
Same here. I really would like for them to bring something new to the table. Especially because EZF is one of the better old school brands that I know. Kinda like with Supercard. While I was disappointed that they had to rely on GW and later on RX(?), the concept of their hybrid card was interesting to me.

i am only intrigued about this feature, i have an ez iv and one of the things that most bothers me is the need to remove the card to remove the micro sd card.. the constant removal wears out both the ds slot and the card...
however putting it in the side when well done, guarantees that the sd card stays in place and you will have no issues from touching the card on the top, and shields it basically..
it's in a good position if you give the card to kids they don't play with the micro sd card that much
Having had flashcarts with spring-loaded and "regular" mSD slots, I never actually had issues with the mSD popping out which some people have experienced with some of the older ones. If anything, they are harder to fiddle compared to the entire cart in itself. Then again, I probably do not take it out that often that it becomes loose

Reactions: gnmmarechal

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Same here. I really would like for them to bring something new to the table. Especially because EZF is one of the better old school brands that I know. Kinda like with Supercard. While I was disappointed that they had to rely on GW and later on RX(?), the concept of their hybrid card was interesting to me.

Having had flashcarts with spring-loaded and "regular" mSD slots, I never actually had issues with the mSD popping out which some people have experienced with some of the older ones. If anything, they are harder to fiddle compared to the entire cart in itself. Then again, I probably do not take it out that often that it becomes loose
For me, as I like collecting this kind of stuff, the real issue with spring-loaded ones is when the spring fully breaks. I prefer non-spring-loaded ones because of this.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Supercard dstwo plus with Sky 3ds emulation would be the PERFECT Flashcard EVER

Don't know. I like hacked games and pure replication tends to get in the way of that.

i am only intrigued about this feature, i have an ez iv and one of the things that most bothers me is the need to remove the card to remove the micro sd card.. the constant removal wears out both the ds slot and the card.
I think this is one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't things. Some really like it, especially after they play hunt the tiny microSD that just shot across the room/train/car/garden when the retention pin inevitably fails or perhaps just does not engage fully. If though they manage to get a network loader sorted (or are any of the FTP programs up to the task do you reckon?) then that could sort things for people.

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also:
https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/gwcard

Anyone can make a CFW with card's multirom support if you have the proper hardware. Just hope EZFLASH comes with his own software.
That's not really what that is. That's just a documentation of how Gateway's red card's filesystem works. I'm pretty sure the most you could do with that is using the Gateway as a second SD Card for firm loading and such, much like shinyquagsire himself does.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That's not really what that is. That's just a documentation of how Gateway's red card's filesystem works. I'm pretty sure the most you could do with that is using the Gateway as a second SD Card for firm loading and such, much like shinyquagsire himself does.
You said the magic word, "documentation". Again, anyones who have the proper hardware can make CFW with card's multirom support.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: +1