< Previous comic | Next comic >​

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's if we even have consoles that are consoles by the time a PlayStation 8 would exist. If it's not cloud gaming it's the wonky expectations that everything should be a super computer and must have absurd hardware power, which only leaves room for computer gaming in handheld or "home" form (even though we already have a computer at home, literally, but don't mind me, I'm sure marketing will call those "home consoles" one day). So I guess in other words, if consoles even exist by then.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember the first issue of Temper Tantrums. Glad to see it's still going.
And yes. We will be seeing GTA 6 into the 22nd century. Ugh.
I can understand the sentiment of wanting quality releases, I want good quality releases, but what I don't get is why people complain about releases of older games on newer platforms. Most people whine to the top of their lungs and fill tons of large glass jars with tears about having accessibility when it comes to old games, many of which pitch the idea of releasing the games on newer platforms, the companies do that with some of the titles, and people STILL complain. I just don't understand these kinds of comments.
Post automatically merged:

Glad to see a new edition of the comic, x65943! I find it entertaining that in the year 3000, they still use robots that seem to come straight from a 1960's movie.
If they look like terminators instead, run.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can understand the sentiment of wanting quality releases, I want good quality releases, but what I don't get is why people complain about releases of older games on newer platforms. Most people whine to the top of their lungs and fill tons of large glass jars with tears about having accessibility when it comes to old games, many of which pitch the idea of releasing the games on newer platforms, the companies do that with some of the titles, and people STILL complain. I just don't understand these kinds of comments.
Post automatically merged:

If they look like terminators, run.
Part of it is releasing the same game on 3 console generations without a successor - at FULL price

If the rerelease was like 40 instead of 60/70 I think people would be more forgiving

I understand modern games take longer to make and maybe it's not reasonable to expect a new game every 5 years - but it's still tough to swallow when the same old game is being sold like brand new

Reactions: Lostbhoy and CoolMe

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Glad to see a new edition of the comic, x65943! I find it entertaining that in the year 3000, they still use robots that seem to come straight from a 1960's movie.
"Retro" comes back in style every few decades. No matter how far technology advances, you'll get robots like this one every now and then:

1700346953866.png

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Part of it is releasing the same game on 3 console generations without a successor - at FULL price

If the rerelease was like 40 instead of 60/70 I think people would be more forgiving

I understand modern games take longer to make and maybe it's not reasonable to expect a new game every 5 years - but it's still tough to swallow when the same old game is being sold like brand new
Makes sense, though I have seen plenty complain about releases even if the pricing of such titles are much lower than their original MSRP prices tags. Seems to be a commonality in a lot of places I have been in or have visited. It's even more ironic when certain titles get released bundled with other games in one packaging, and yea the price tag is sometimes $60, but you get more than one game in said bundle. Then again, these are mostly the same kinds of individuals who act entitled to everything for free a lot of times too, so I guess you can't put much weight with them, you are doomed to lose with them either way lol.

Reactions: x65943

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It starts to get silly when the PS4 version can be bought and played on PS5, and has a free PS5 upgrade, for $50, or you can buy the identical PS5 version for $60.

Or when older games are only playable via perpetual subscription and they can't even be emulated correctly by the company that made the damn things.

There have been far too many examples of lazy cash grabs or outright predatory behavior to cash in on nostalgia for sub-par products and services.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We need to throw GTA 6 in the Bermuda triangle soon after it's released the first time, so this cycle doesn't happen.. Nice comic btw @x67! :D

Reactions: x65943

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto