Homebrew Official EasyRPG 3DS - RPG Maker 2000/2003 Player for 3DS

sorlok_reaves

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Rinnegatamante: Thanks for the update; it fixed a lot of things for me on New3DS + 10.7.0. However, now I'm getting a black screen (after a few lines of debug text). This is using the debug game you provided:

Some log lines:
Debug: Sound initialized successfully!
Warning: BGM playback is unavailable with DSP
Debug: Initializing sound cache (Dim: 5242880 bytes)

...then both screens go black. Left on for 5+ minutes, nothing happens.

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
When you extract Yume NIkki on a European PC you get Mojibake but it will still work.

You can workaround this by adding
Code:
[EasyRPG]
Encoding=1252
to the RPG_RT.ini. If this doesn't work try "932"

When i extract it, on my PC i get random wrong characters cause i probably don't have the right encoding, don't know if it's what you were referrring to:
ƒ}ƒCƒVƒXƒeƒ€a.xyz this is an example of filename

I think svchax is reliable with cia build

Linux Loader running on N3DS packed as CIA + using svchax/memchunkhax2.1 on 10.6 emuNAND
http://gbatemp.net/threads/linux-lo...svchax-memchunkhax2-1-on-10-6-emunand.418205/

svchax is pratically useless on a CIA build since you can give whatever serviceaccess you need by just editing the workaround.

If you are trying from PC did you install it from an exe?

I'm trying it on 3DS.

@Rinnegatamante: Thanks for the update; it fixed a lot of things for me on New3DS + 10.7.0. However, now I'm getting a black screen (after a few lines of debug text). This is using the debug game you provided:

Some log lines:
Debug: Sound initialized successfully!
Warning: BGM playback is unavailable with DSP
Debug: Initializing sound cache (Dim: 5242880 bytes)

...then both screens go black. Left on for 5+ minutes, nothing happens.

I've tried a bit dsp audio service on my O3DS and it worked fine for me. Are you sure you're using the last commit on my repository?

Mastak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i extract it, on my PC i get random wrong characters cause i probably don't have the right encoding, don't know if it's what you were referrring to:

Yepp just copy-paste that garbage filenames ("Mojibake") on the 3DS and set the encoding manually in the ini, should work...

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

svchax is pratically useless on a CIA build since you can give whatever serviceaccess you need by just editing the workaround.

I'm trying it on 3DS.

I've tried a bit dsp audio service on my O3DS and it worked fine for me. Are you sure you're using the last commit on my repository?

Here is a script to change the random characters to Japanese. Somefiles might need you to convert with IE manually(copy the name to a text file, open it with IE and change encode to Japenese)

The permanent solution forever is to change the region& language to Japan.

Attachments

• Japanese random characters to Unicode.zip
    6.7 KB · Views: 210
  • QQ图片20160331173329.png
    QQ图片20160331173329.png
    50.6 KB · Views: 251

Mastak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even the translated (Englsih) version of Yume NIkki uses these Mojibake filenames btw.
The reason is that the official engine (RPG_RT) is not unicode aware. So when you give the files japanese names they can't be opened anymore :)

(EasyRPG doesn't care of course)

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Even the translated (Englsih) version of Yume NIkki uses these Mojibake filenames btw.
The reason is that the official engine (RPG_RT) is not unicode aware. So when you give the files japanese names they can't be opened anymore :)

(EasyRPG doesn't care of course)

Tried with both encoding you suggesyed but they've not fixxed the problem.

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Well,I can run yumenikiki,all that I have done is to extract the lzh on a windows PC with Japanese non-Unicode charaters supported,
copy the patch file and rpgmaker 2003 RTP to the same folder, and move the full folder to my MicroSD card.
scr_71_COMBINED.png
scr_64_COMBINED.png

Attachments

• scr_62_COMBINED.png
    scr_62_COMBINED.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 288
  • scr_63_COMBINED.png
    scr_63_COMBINED.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 270
  • scr_68_COMBINED.png
    scr_68_COMBINED.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 300

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Well,I can run yumenikiki,all that I have done is to extract the lzh on a windows PC with Japanese non-Unicode charaters supported,
copy the patch file and rpgmaker 2003 RTP to the same folder, and move the full folder to my MicroSD card.
View attachment 44125 View attachment 44123

I wanted to give a try to framerate but it seems pretty enjoyable from your screenshots. ;)

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
I have added BGM supports even on dsp :: DSP wrapper so now libsvchax is unneeded and you'll have full audio support with any setup.
Since dsp:: DSP BGM musics support is experimental, i need reports about this so here you are a new test build.
This new build has also experimental support for OGG musics (but it is probably broken) and an improved sounds decoder for WAV files (it should load wav sounds faster).

Oh, since i need dsp:: DSP reports, this build has been compiled with FORCE_DSP flag so csnd:SND check is skipped at all.

I'd like to see if someone wants to take some video footages to see general speed of the interpreter and what it supports or not.

Attachments

• easyrpg-player.rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,349
Reactions: Arkandy and angelhp

Arkandy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to see if someone wants to take some video footages to see general speed of the interpreter and what it supports or not.

New build runs fine on both n3ds and o3ds regardless of which firmware I load on both sysnand and emunand. YN loads consistently in 5m43s, and plays most sounds fine (you can see in the video a few BGM are in unsupported formats). Let me know if you'd like any additional footage or a different game tested.

Here's the video

Reactions: Rinnegatamante

sorlok_reaves

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Runs great, thanks so much! Fixes my problem from before, too:

Sometimes the audio gets really loud on Sounds (not Music), but not in this video. I'll try to make a simple test case.

Reactions: Rinnegatamante

Merrx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm using a N3DSXL with updated sysnand, so I had to reinstall a backup of my emunand 9.2 for testing.
english rtp at /data/rtp/2000 is recognised.

emuNAND 9.2, easyrpg-player from post #90
So I get to select a game in the HB menu (Mario Kart 7) and the test rpg starts fine to the menu.
There it says, unsupported music format (./Music/Opening2.mid), so no bgm is played.
Menu sounds are good (44100 sampling rate).
BGM ingame also failed, same warning.
Ingame events are fine. 60FPS

emuNAND 9.2, easyrpg-player from post #132
same as above

updated sysnand 10.7, easyrpg-player from post #90
Freeze at "Debug console started"

updated sysnand 10.7, easyrpg-player from post #132
no selection of game title in HB menu
else is the same as emu 9.2, post #90

UltiNaruto

Trophies
XP
Country
France
In latest testbuild :
- Cutscenes seems to be fixed in legend of zelda links awakening.
- Framerate however didn't change and musics are considered invalid format.

Last edited by UltiNaruto,

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
I'm going to leave this forum until a solution will be taken for the current situation about spam and shitthreads (so cause staffs never cared about, i'm probably going to leave this community forever).

Thanks for your reports, if you want to continue to help me with tests just register on EasyRPG forum and report all your tests, issues and so on in the 3DS port development topic here so that i can work on them: https://easy-rpg.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=625&p=1568#p1568

I'll also start using only EasyRPG forum for test builds releases.

UltiNaruto

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'll make sure to be there then.

EDIT : Almost registered. Damn anti spam measure is complex xD.
EDIT 2 : Finally registered!

Last edited by UltiNaruto,

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I'm going to leave this forum until a solution will be taken for the current situation about spam and shitthreads (so cause staffs never cared about, i'm probably going to leave this community forever).

Thanks for your reports, if you want to continue to help me with tests just register on EasyRPG forum and report all your tests, issues and so on in the 3DS port development topic here so that i can work on them: https://easy-rpg.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=625&p=1568#p1568

I'll also start using only EasyRPG forum for test builds releases.

That's fine, but you shouldn't expect less in April Fools day:P That's why devs/people usually disconnect until the next day

Reactions: Arubaro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying