Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
logo.png

CeCAtTwWAAAaIhI.jpg:large

Introduction

Hello everybody, i recently started working on a port for 3DS of EasyRPG, a player for games wrote with RPG Maker 2000/2003.
At the moment the interpreter is in an early stage of development but runs quite smooth on both O3DS and N3DS.
BGM Audio is supported only in .wav format and sounds are available only in .wav/.ogg format.

Can i help you working on this?
  • Developers : If you have C/C++ knowledges you can take a look to the issues in my repository and try to work on them ( https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/easyrpg-player-3ds/issues ). If you need libraries already compiled (since it has a lot of dependencies) just send me a PM and i'll give you prebuilded libs.
  • Testers : I also need some betatesters to test modifications i make to the interpreter constantly. If you want to test it, you can find a download at the end of this post with informations about what i currently need to be tested.
Can i play "INSERT NAME HERE" game with this?

As i said before, this is in an early stage of development and the link you can find at the end of his topic IS NOT FOR GAMING PURPOSES. You'll not receive any kind of support by me trying to fix errors to play a game you want to play.

Test Build

What i currently need to be tested is the sound engine i'm writing and the svchax execution, so i need to know:

1) Your firmware and console (O3DS/N3DS)
2) Debug console what says if a crash/freeze occurs (take in mind that the interpreter is slow to load stuffs so just wait a bit before concluding it's a freeze).
3) If you reach the main menu, i need to know if the sounds are playing fine.
4) Since this build uses svchax, i need to know how many tries you made to start it (since svchax can fail and you'll have a system freeze).

Download Test Build (with old 3dsx): http://rinnegatamante.it/easyrpg_player.rar
Updated 3dsx file: http://gbatemp.net/attachments/easyrpg-player-rar.44166/
GitHub Repository: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/easyrpg-player-3ds

Last edited by Rinnegatamante,

Faru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Testing testing...

N3DS: AL9H - AuReiNand - Sysnand 9.2 - Emunand 10.7

Edit: Why is it asking me to select a title as if I'm using HANS or SVDT? Could it be because I'm using gridlauncher?

Edit 2: Using MK7/MH4(Demo) (emuNAND) and the struggle could not be more real. Jet fuel cannot melt my steel determination!

Edit 3(slowpoke): Stuck at debug screen on both builds Forget about this.

Edit 4(facepalm): I forgot about 9.0 FIRM! Never fails on sysnand with 9.0 FIRM but emunand is a different story.

Last edited by Faru,
Reactions: Rinnegatamante

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Testing testing...

Edit: Why is it asking me to select a title as if I'm using HANS or SVDT? Could it be because I'm using gridlauncher?

IF it asks you for a target, it means it can't detect new Youtube App.
Since the 3dsx it's pretty big, only few targets are good enough to run it.

Some of them as Ghabry (one of the main developers of EasyRPG) stated are:
This program needs a lot of executable memory (4.5MB) to run. Upon startup select a suitable title. Titles that should be fine (in theory) are: Smash Bros, Monster Hunter 4 (Demo), Monster Hunter 3U, Mario Kart 7, Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and Yoshis New Island and probably many other cartridges...

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
O3DS 10.6 Emunand here, froze at "debug console started".

What i currently need to be tested is the sound engine i'm writing and the svchax execution, so i need to know:

1) Your firmware and console (O3DS/N3DS)
2) Debug console what says if a crash/freeze occurs (take in mind that the interpreter is slow to load stuffs so just wait a bit before concluding it's a freeze).
3) If you reach the main menu, i need to know if the sounds are playing fine.
4) Since this build uses svchax, i need to know how many tries you made to start it (since svchax can fail and you'll have a system freeze).

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a warning for some people - this won't work with RPG Maker XP, and that includes most Pokemon fangames built on RPG Maker, eg Pokemon Zeta/Omicron.

Reactions: RedBlueGreen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over