Feedback Project My 3ds game engine

Adamoumou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey everyone,

I've been working on developing a game engine for the Nintendo 3DS, and I'm excited to share my progress with the forum! I want it's in a very very early stage and barely working so if I can have help it would be nice.

Key Features:
  • Scene based game engine
  • Based on C3D
  • Support for 2D graphics
  • Easy-to-use API for game development
  • Debugging made easier with a SDCARD logger and realtime viewer

How You Can Help:
  • Test out the engine and provide feedback on your experience.
  • Report any bugs or issues you encounter during testing.
  • Suggest improvements or additional features you'd like to see implemented.
How to Get Involved:If you're interested in checking out the engine and providing feedback, you can find the source code on GitHub. Feel free to clone the repository, experiment with the engine, and submit your feedback either as GitHub issues or by reaching out to me directly.

Thank you!

PS: Sorry for my english I am a 15yo french guy so it's a little bit complicated for me hehe

Edit: I forgot the github url sorry "/ADAMOUMOU/CitroFlex" I am a new user so I can't post link
Post automatically merged:

append the github url before "/ADAMOUMOU/CitroFlex"

Last edited by Adamoumou,

funstuff3929

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the program gives plenty of warnings when compiling. the home menu button isn't respected.
i've been rebooting every time because the start button doesn't exit the program.
in the default main.cpp, in the line 'logger.log("[red]This is red !");' , the txt output is '[red'
i'm assuming the logger is misinterpreting the ]
i'm not a great programmer, and i couldn't figure out how to make objects properly, so documentation
would help.
overall seems pretty useful as drawing to screen in general can be difficult.
also i'm not sure if path can be specified, but i was expecting the logs to be in the same folder as the 3dsx, but instead they were sent to the root, though that isn't really much of a issue.

Adamoumou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the program gives plenty of warnings when compiling. the home menu button isn't respected.
i've been rebooting every time because the start button doesn't exit the program.
in the default main.cpp, in the line 'logger.log("[red]This is red !");' , the txt output is '[red'
i'm assuming the logger is misinterpreting the ]
i'm not a great programmer, and i couldn't figure out how to make objects properly, so documentation
would help.
overall seems pretty useful as drawing to screen in general can be difficult.
also i'm not sure if path can be specified, but i was expecting the logs to be in the same folder as the 3dsx, but instead they were sent to the root, though that isn't really much of a issue.
Hello,
First I really appreciate your answer!
Yes there is a lot of warning at compilation, it’s in majority some variables that are declared but not used but I will try to fix that.
For the start button, I forgot to implement it because I tested my engine on Citra and for now I recommand to do the same for security reason but I will add this functionnality.
I will try to see that, did you used the python viewer in tools folder (you will need citra)?
I am working on a doxygen documentation, if you want to help, you can by commenting functions and classes the ‘doxygen way’ (Jetbrains can help to comment).
Yes the goal of this engine was because of the drawing and the debugging was hard when making homebrews.
No I didn’t made a functionnality to choose output directory I will try to fix that today.
Don’t hesitate to make a pull request in github if you want to get involved.
Have a nice day!

funstuff3929

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I will try to see that, did you used the python viewer in tools folder (you will need citra)?
if you are refering to the logger.log("[red]This is red !"); , i meant in output .txt on the sd card for that line outputs [red
when it's should output [red]This is red ! (compiled 3dsx on n3dsxl)
i don't understand the use of the python viewer.

Last edited by funstuff3929,

Adamoumou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you are refering to the logger.log("[red]This is red !"); , i meant in output .txt on the sd card for that line outputs [red
when it's should output [red]This is red ! (compiled 3dsx on n3dsxl)
is the python viewer an ide that hooks onto citra to debug. it also isn't working properly for me right now
The python viewer is a realtime viewer for the logger, it supports Richtext (it's the reason why ther is [red] before the text) and for the textual module, you can do pip install textual or python -m pip install textual if not done yet (do not forget to change the path in the script by changing the constant FILEPATH and the '\' in the pathfile become '\\' as you can see in dbg_view.py.

funstuff3929

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The python viewer is a realtime viewer for the logger, it supports Richtext (it's the reason why ther is [red] before the text) and for the textual module, you can do pip install textual or python -m pip install textual if not done yet (do not forget to change the path in the script by changing the constant FILEPATH and the '\' in the pathfile become '\\' as you can see in dbg_view.py.
i'll use an emulator instead so outputs can be read in real time.

Last edited by funstuff3929,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol