Homebrew Official EasyRPG 3DS - RPG Maker 2000/2003 Player for 3DS

MasterFeizz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is basically what i wrote on EasyRPG official forum about this problem:
The grey box problem had been solved with this commit: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/easyrpg-player-3ds/commit/215ed5b6c3a8fc11e0ab5740ff2e29cd188954af

Here's another test build updated to latest commit. Another thing that should be tested is romFs support since at the moment i have access only to a 4.5 fw console running nh 1.1b (and nh 1.1b doesn't have romfs support at all).

romfs should contain game files (like romfs:/Map0001.lmu).
Don't know if romfs file can be appended to a 3dsx directly or an elf file is needed. (The elf file is pretty big and currently i don't have a good internet connection <.<)

THis test build has a lot of fixes, new adds and improved framerate.
I hope someone will report bugs like @pdapanda did.
romfs works fine on the 3dsx, just add the path to the makefile and you are set

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
May be it's time for you to convert to emunand and a9lh with your console.

Nope, i dislike stuffs made just for pirates :D
NH 1.1b it's the best ambient for homebrew development differently to arm9pirateloader or piratenand since you have access to any possible service with libkhax with a perfect bootrate (100%).

Are you using the latest ctrulib?

Yep.

MasterFeizz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, i dislike stuffs made just for pirates :D
NH 1.1b it's the best ambient for homebrew development differently to arm9pirateloader or piratenand since you have access to any possible service with libkhax with a perfect bootrate (100%).

Yep.
Maybe its the payload version, I tried using romfs on 2.5 and it worked fine.

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Reactions: pdapanda

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
For the romfs thing ,should I just build the romfs with romfs builder,or just rename a zip to romfs.bin? not quite understand.

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
For the romfs thing ,should I just build the romfs with romfs builder,or just rename a zip to romfs.bin? not quite understand.

romfs binary should be created with 3dstool or romfs builder or whatever you want. Then you should append it to the 3dsx file (i'm not sure if this is possible at all since i always used to do such things starting from ELF files but elf file is 71 mbs and i have a pretty slow connection atm (0.10 mb/s upload speed).

MasterFeizz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
romfs binary should be created with 3dstool or romfs builder or whatever you want. Then you should append it to the 3dsx file (i'm not sure if this is possible at all since i always used to do such things starting from ELF files but elf file is 71 mbs and i have a pretty slow connection atm (0.10 mb/s upload speed).
The filesize may be the cause of the error with romfsInit, you can try shipping the romfs separate from the 3dsx.

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Well,I have never tried to add romfs to a 3dsx though,I think make a selector to load different romfs is a better way?
hax 2.5 support arguments, maybe it can be taken advantage of.

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
The new test build is great! Although framerate is still not quite enough even for New 3DS,grey box is now solved.
Any idea about the long time waiting for saving?
Cut scene framerate is still 0.
mp3 and mid are still very common for music, though. So as of now,I can‘t say anything about sound,but it should be noticed
there are some buzz after not supported music format.
scr_28_COMBINED.png
scr_34_COMBINED.png

Attachments

• scr_36_COMBINED.png
    scr_36_COMBINED.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 337

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
I've finished right now to wrote a little audio wrapper based on dsp :: DSP service that means everyone who was getting the svchax problem, now will be able to use EasyRPG Player correctly with a 100% bootrate BUT since dsp :: DSP needs an auxiliar thread, it can't be used for BGM playback (since it will produce framedrops and framerate is still something that needs several improvements).
So at the moment EasyRPG Player at boot will do this:

- If firmware is under 9.3, libkhax will be performed to grant csnd:SND availability.
- Check if csnd:SND is available, if so, it will be set as audio service (BGM + Sounds)
- If csnd:SND is unavailable, it will check for dsp :: DSP availability, if it's usable, it will be set as audio service (Sounds only)
- If both are unavailable it will try to perform svchax to take csnd:SND access (BGM + Sounds)

I'll probably release soon a new test build to properly check if dsp :: DSP audio service is good enough at least for sounds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr