Homebrew DSi Homebrew Menu directly on your Home Menu!

witheld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those that can't get it to work on emuNAND even after installing the hb_menu to both sysNAND and emuNAND and having the right TWL_Firm patch installed try installing the patched TWL_Firm to sysNAND also, although it is not recommended and yes, it does break TWL mode outside of CFW on sysNAND that is what got it working for me for some reason, I just instantly got the "A problem has occurred" screen after launching it on emuNAND till I did this, I have unlinked NANDs on n3DS XL with the emuNAND on 10.6 with 10.4 firm if that matters in any way.
Um, the only way for this to work at all is to install the TWL_Firm to sysnand as well. And it won't break launching DSi titles on sysnand either

Ranomez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Um, the only way for this to work at all is to install the TWL_Firm to sysnand as well. And it won't break launching DSi titles on sysnand either
Just let me copy this from the OP:
"Note that if you intend to use this on emunand, you must also install hbmenu (and any other DSiWare) to your sysnand as well before they will work from emunand. Note that patched TWL_FIRM is only needed on emunand if launching from emunand."
Also the patched TWL_FIRM if installed on sysNAND WILL break DS(i) titles when you boot without CFW (or with CFW with the signature patches disabled). (yes, you can still use DS(i) things on sysNAND if using a CFW with patched signatures but not without)

Last edited by Ranomez,

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you know why the dsi homebrew channel doesn't work? (the bottom screen is glitched)...
Edit: I think it's glitched because of the 2 go sd card limitation...

Another question : Why the touch of the bottom screen doesn't work????

Last edited by RealityNinja,

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sowha t practical use does this have? All i can see is wood dumper. Has anyone ran an emulator, game, or feature that isnt on 3ds? Yay?

Bkool999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help out with this error, please? I can't get anything to build when I use make_cia. Here's what I'm using:

Code:
A:\nds-hb-menu-dsiware>make_cia --srl=file.nds
[!] Is not a valid TWL SRL file
[!] Failed to retrieve data from Content0: file.nds
[!] Input Error, see 'make_cia -h' for more info
[!] Failed to generate cia

Any ideas?

Last edited by Bkool999,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help out out with this error, please? I can't get anything to build when I use make_cia. Here's what I'm using:

Code:
A:\nds-hb-menu-dsiware>make_cia --srl=file.nds
[!] Is not a valid TWL SRL file
[!] Failed to retrieve data from Content0: file.nds
[!] Input Error, see 'make_cia -h' for more info
[!] Failed to generate cia

Any ideas?
The DSi Extended header is not in the nds file.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Bkool999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/ahezard/nds-hb-menu/releases/tag/V0.5.0-cia-beta.1

It will have:
  • patch_ndsheader_dsiware.py, script to patch the header of an existing .nds homebrew file to make it ready for make_cia
I tried using this to get the .nds file ready, but I it's not doing anything. I tried renaming the .nds file to "file.nds", "boot.nds", and "orig.nds", (there was mention of that in the python script) and it's just doing anything. I know I have Python 2.7 installed.

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out for myself. Pretty straight forward, actually. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by Bkool999,

CyberTails

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to back up TWL_FIRM and AGB_FIRM before you patch them in case you ever wanted to return them to normal?

Bkool999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So..... About how I said I figured out building the CIA's before, I was wrong. I can't boot them after I install them. They show up properly, but after I try to launch them, I get that black error code message. There isn't any kind of reboot or anything, it shows up right after I select the app. Is there anything I might be missing? I noticed the initial id's show up as a bunch of 2's and 3's, if that's any help.

EDIT: CIA's I downloaded work, so I know I have everything set up on the 3ds side of things.

Last edited by Bkool999,

Mattshark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone that has patched the TwlFirm on emuNAND and put their hbrew (or the hbrew launcher) on both sysNAND AND emuNAND but still got the black screen error of death, I finally found out that using AuReiNand instead of rxTools actually solved the problem. I don't know if anyone else was having that problem, but that fixed it for me.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must have done something wrong, I tried to convert Gameyob DS 0.5 as it has DSi support and I get the error has occurred screen after running it and patching it with the python script and make_cia.

EDIT: I did use the title and maker options, I wonder if that did it

Reactions: Bkool999

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm on the seefood diet... So far I've gained 30 pounds