Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i think i see what's wrong with my connection.

my friends are using router's and i'm using my cell phone hotspot does that matter for online play?

Reactions: banjo2

wad11656

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After trying to play GTA Chinatown Wars on widescreen now all of my DS games are in widescreen even when disabled. How can I fix this?

So ALL your games are in Widescreen, even those that aren't officially supported? Uh...
1) If it's possible to make EVERY game widescreen, why don't they just make them all officially supported?
2) How do I make this "error" occur intentionally?
You're not the first person who's said they've had this issue.

Last edited by wad11656,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So ALL your games are in Widescreen, even those that aren't officially supported? Uh...
1) If it's possible to make EVERY game widescreen, why not just make them all officially supported?
2) How do I make this "error" occur intentionally?
You're not the first person who's said they've had this issue.
1) For games to be officially supported in widescreen, a cheat that compresses the screen horizontally, needs to be created, so that it looks non-stretched in widescreen.
Problem is, it's not possible for every game, as some may use the 2D engine.
2) Just run TWPatch, and enable widescreen.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Tripiantes

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I am having trouble with my DSi, I can launch TwilightMenu from the camera ap via the memory pit method, but UNLAUNCH gives me a black screen. In the guide it said to use GodMode9 instead if I had the blackscreen error but couldn't figure out what to do there. Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: NVM I'm just stupid, I thought I had to use GodMode instead of UNLAUNCH, but no, I HAD TO LAUNCH UNLAUNCH VIA GODMODE. Sorry, old people moment here on my part, but I won't delete the comment in case someone is stupid like me and this helps.

Last edited by Tripiantes,

Siuluis548

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello, I have a DSi XL and I installed Unlaunch, then I installed the TWL, everything was fine during the game, but the next night I turned on the console and it starts with the alarm menu and won't let me out, or do anything else, just that menu and also go to the settings when I go to options, turn it off and turn it on again and again and the same, what can I do?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have a DSi XL and I installed Unlaunch, then I installed the TWL, everything was fine during the game, but the next night I turned on the console and it starts with the alarm menu and won't let me out, or do anything else, just that menu and also go to the settings when I go to options, turn it off and turn it on again and again and the same, what can I do?
Press POWER, hold A+B, go to OPTIONS, then set TWiLight Menu++ (boot.nds) for "NO BUTTON".

strawpoll-legend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble running NeoDS from SD using Twilight Menu on my DSi XL. I've posted my problem here before, but I was redirected to this thread. Someone in the thread I just linked claimed it's possible, but whenever I try to run NeoDS, the menu lists my roms perfectly, but when I launch one, it gets stuck on "Loading banks into main RAM..." with a white screen at the top. There is one exception, which is the NeoGeo BIOS itself, which instead gets stuck on "No rom banks..."

As far as troubleshooting goes, I have tried both Twinkle Star Sprites and Pulstar. I am 100% sure my TSS rom works, as I've run it in MAME previously, when it was still in .zip format. Both roms are in .neo format, and I have stored them in both the root of my SD card and a folder titled "neods," since some NeoDS versions I have tried allow you to store your roms in a folder. Building off of that point, I have tried 4 versons of NeoDS: NeoDS 2.0 (the one labeled simply NeoDS), NeoDS 2.1, NeoDS 2.1b, and NeoDSEZ, a port for EZFlash 3 in 1s. I followed all directions in the ReadMe files of NeoDS 2.1 and 2.1b. My issue is independent of NeoDS versions, as each version produces the same result.

I have tried two ramdisks on NeoDS 2.0, one being 12 MB and the other being 28, but whenever I choose a ramdisk, no roms are shown in the menu, even though the menu shows roms when using no ramdisks.

I have attached a photo of the original issue, using NeoDS 2.1b and playing Twinkle Star Sprites.

wRVlb52.jpg

Last edited by strawpoll-legend,

Munandar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hey I'm just realize this, but I think one or two years ago if I boot directly to TwilightMenu (well, that time the name was DSiMenu++) from Unlaunch without boot HiyaCFW first it will boot normally but DS Roms won't play now because lucky mistake I do the same and surprised that it can play DS rom, so is it safe to assume that I don't need HiyaCFW anymore and just fine with Unlaunch with TwilightMenu?

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had Ysmenu because my r4 has a timebomb, but I installed dsimenu++ to try it out. A few games don't work so I want to keep Ysmenu as well but when I select it from Dsimenu it just goes to an error screen. Any way to have both at the same time?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had Ysmenu because my r4 has a timebomb, but I installed dsimenu++ to try it out. A few games don't work so I want to keep Ysmenu as well but when I select it from Dsimenu it just goes to an error screen. Any way to have both at the same time?
Have YSMenu start on boot first.
Also, DSiMenu++ is a prior name to TWiLight Menu++.
Are you on an old version, or the latest version?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey I'm just realize this, but I think one or two years ago if I boot directly to TwilightMenu (well, that time the name was DSiMenu++) from Unlaunch without boot HiyaCFW first it will boot normally but DS Roms won't play now because lucky mistake I do the same and surprised that it can play DS rom, so is it safe to assume that I don't need HiyaCFW anymore and just fine with Unlaunch with TwilightMenu?
Yes, hiyaCFW is no longer needed to run DS ROMs.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Eaniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, not sure if this is where to ask this or if this is a commonly known/unfixable problem but I've been trying to play a Soul Silver rom all day on a DSi running the latest version of TwilightMenu and every 10-15 minutes it freezes and I'm not sure why or how to fix it. When it does the music still plays, but it tends to when I enter a new loading zone or exit a menu and it locks up and I can't do anything. As far as I know that rom is fully compatible so idk why it's freezing so often and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, not sure if this is where to ask this or if this is a commonly known/unfixable problem but I've been trying to play a Soul Silver rom all day on a DSi running the latest version of TwilightMenu and every 10-15 minutes it freezes and I'm not sure why or how to fix it. When it does the music still plays, but it tends to when I enter a new loading zone or exit a menu and it locks up and I can't do anything. As far as I know that rom is fully compatible so idk why it's freezing so often and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software.
The freezing is a known issue. It is currently unknown how to fix this.

Instandhaltung

I feel it. I feel the cosmos!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey @Robz8 ,

Is there any way to prevent the audio to cracle in Layton games with bootstrap?
Also, I installed Bootstrap and Twilight Menu. Both apps have settings for overclocking and higher audio frequency and stuff. Which settings are the important ones if I play via bootstrap? Do the twilight ones override the other ones?
Also, is there a way to show the dsi screen (or a white screen) instead of the bootstrap logo when loading a game (via 3ds forwarder)? I have nothing against the logo, but my sister might find it sketchy and think that there might be a virus or something. Thanks a bunch in advance!

Last edited by Instandhaltung,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    Veho @ Veho: It inserts a newline in a random spot.