Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Deleted member 446461

Trophies
XP
Currently, yes.

That's O.K.

Not having means to annoy, but I have trouble running a NES game. It seems to redirect me to some kind of debug menu on the bottom screen, as if the nesDS emulator were in debug mode. And I can't find any way to get out of that debug menu; every button I press seem to change the hex characters on the bottom screen, but that's it. The game I'm trying to run is "Gimmick!".

rapsagerdna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I am sorry if this is not the right place, but I have a doubt
I have a N3DSXL with CFW and a R4i Gold 3DS Plus flashcart
For memory space concerns, I want to have ds roms on microsd of flashcart
Already used Sono's TWPatch, so the games play in widescreen but stretched
I want to apply the widescreen cheats so some Games will not be stretched but native 16:10
What do I need to do? Can I use Twilight Menu++ on the flashcard for that porpose?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's O.K.

Not having means to annoy, but I have trouble running a NES game. It seems to redirect me to some kind of debug menu on the bottom screen, as if the nesDS emulator were in debug mode. And I can't find any way to get out of that debug menu; every button I press seem to change the hex characters on the bottom screen, but that's it. The game I'm trying to run is "Gimmick!".
Do other NES games have this issue?
I am sorry if this is not the right place, but I have a doubt
I have a N3DSXL with CFW and a R4i Gold 3DS Plus flashcart
For memory space concerns, I want to have ds roms on microsd of flashcart
Already used Sono's TWPatch, so the games play in widescreen but stretched
I want to apply the widescreen cheats so some Games will not be stretched but native 16:10
What do I need to do? Can I use Twilight Menu++ on the flashcard for that porpose?
No, you can't.

Reactions: rapsagerdna

rapsagerdna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So I figured it out, if someone wants to play widescreen with flashcard just use TWPatcher from Sono and usrcheat.dat from DeadSkullzJr
Then you need to enable the widecreen cheat in every game that has them
If you have any more questions pm me

xxNathanxx

Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
A small suggestion: it'd be nice if there were an option to set a specific folder as the pretend 'root'. Basically my SD card is structured as such:
sd:/Games/Genre/Game.nds
So having a back button appear in my Genre folders is useful, but in the Games folder itself it's annoying because I have no need to access the root.

Another suggestion would be that if you return from or to a subfolder, you return to the position you were in before (i.e. standing on the subfolder's menu entry, or an item in the subfolder respectively) rather than the initial position in the list. This is what already happens when you return from the TWLMenu++ settings, but maybe that's done in a different way.

Reactions: ber71

Rocketman503

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
so basically as far as i understand, you mean i would have to go ahead and make my own .GRF from my images right?

if that´s the case how would i use devkit to do it?

Rocketman503

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You don't. Just use any image editing software.

I'm a little confused
I understand that you have to edit them to certain parameters with a software but after that what i do?
they need to be saved into a especial format or what am i missing?
an also I do not understand what role devkit plays in all this or if I do not need i at all

sorry if am being annoying about this :sad:

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little confused
I understand that you have to edit them to certain parameters with a software but after that what i do?
they need to be saved into a especial format or what am i missing?
an also I do not understand what role devkit plays in all this or if I do not need i at all

sorry if am being annoying about this :sad:
The original images are in .png and/or .bmp.
After editing them, run "make" in cmd, in the theme folder with the "Makefile", if you have devkitPro installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://kotaku.com/nintendo-switch-yuzu-emulator-github-piracy-zelda-1851452740