Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't make the Widescreen hack work. Still stuck up at 4:3 even though I already set it up to 16:10. Tried re-patching/re-generating the .cxi file as well. Any ideas?
You need to launch a game that's compatible with widescreen.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, there was no error, it just backed me out to the main menu.
Turn off "Update recently played list".

Reactions: Alexander1970

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turn off "Update recently played list".

I did try doing that, since it mentions it when you open a game, but it didn't make a difference. I even tried the home + B button. dragon quest ix works, but several games don't. the artwork might be a coincidence, so it could be something else.

elenarguez

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@Robz8 @Everyone

My apologies for missing Final Fantasy: Ring of Fates. Never knew about the "Thanks for playing" time limit....

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - Ring of Fates (Europe) (AFXP)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - Ring of Fates (USA) (AFXE)

Here are some new patches for some previously undumped Korean games.
Jjangguneun Monmallyeo - Won Peulleoseu Won! - Shock Seong Land Daegyeoljeon!! (Korea) (BUCK)
Magic Cheongkeuwa Mabeobui Seong (Korea) (BV7K)
Makeup Princess 2 - Princess Life (Korea) (VCTK)
Naruto Jilpungjeon - Insuljeongae! Cha-Crash!! (Korea) (BNXK)

Also a patch for the new English translation
Digimon Story - Lost Evolution (Japan) (BLEJ)

Unpack and copy the .ips files to sd:\_nds\TWiLightMenu\apfix

Enjoy!!!
Omg, I've been looking for the ap of FF Ring of Fates Europe for a long time:cry:
Many thx :bow:

TDTHD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The hotel dusk game continues to be released in English. I put it on the menu, the system language and nothing and I put it in Spanish on the menu and nothing. I don't know why it's still like that. For now, the flashcard is better

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
The hotel dusk game continues to be released in English. I put it on the menu, the system language and nothing and I put it in Spanish on the menu and nothing. I don't know why it's still like that. For now, the flashcard is better

Hello.:)

This will help you:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-i-3d...menu-replacement.472200/page-321#post-8691896

- You have to play the Game until you can SAVE the first time (in the Lobby)
- Then go back to TWiLight Menu and activate the CHEAT "DEBUG MENU" in the Game settings
- Start the game and go to´"Continue" and LOAD a game.While LOADING HOLD "SELECT" to get into DEBUG Menu.
- You can NAVIGATE with the "X" "Y" "A" "B" Buttons, "UP" confirms your selection.
- Sadly you have to do this EVERY TIME you turn off the game and restart it.

Good Luck and
Thank you.:)

thomadash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, launching WarioWare D.I.Y. gets me stuck on the "Creating save file" screen. I have more than enough space left on the SD card for it to create a save file.

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 Im confused thought u said gba doesnt work with image.png what i read 1st post:

To add your own box art:
Place them in "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/boxart".
Can either have the game's TID (ex. ASME.png), or the filename (ex. SM64DS.nds.png).
Must be in .png format, with the following sizes:
NDS/DSi: 128x115
FDS/GBC/GB: 115x115
NES/GEN/MD/SFC/MS/GG: 84x115
SNES: 158x115

2nd do I need to add cores for NES, SNES and GB also GBC?? That is Great news !

where should i be putting the roms in?? just making sure snes nes gb gbc will show up so should it be in f:/_nds/TwilightMenu/roms/?

all set with emulators and images for each emulators also where do i find snes nes gb gbc compatibility list for twilight menu ++ thank you

Last edited by FanNintendo,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 Im confused thought u said gba doesnt work with image.png what i read 1st post:

To add your own box art:
Place them in "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/boxart".
Can either have the game's TID (ex. ASME.png), or the filename (ex. SM64DS.nds.png).
Must be in .png format, with the following sizes:
NDS/DSi: 128x115
FDS/GBC/GB: 115x115
NES/GEN/MD/SFC/MS/GG: 84x115
SNES: 158x115
It does work with .png box art.
2nd do I need to add cores for NES, SNES and GB also GBC?? That is Great news !
Assuming you mean emulators, they're already included.
where should i be putting the roms in?? just making sure snes nes gb gbc will show up so should it be in f:/_nds/TwilightMenu/roms/?
You can put them anywhere.
all set with emulators and images for each emulators also where do i find snes nes gb gbc compatibility list for twilight menu ++ thank you
You need to find the compatibility list for SNEmulDS, nesDS, and GameYob.

Shadowsun2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, can someone help I tried to exit to the twilightmenu++ while in a GBA game using gbarunner2 but I tried the L+R+B+Down but it wouldn't work and when I tried it from the NDS game it just game me a white screen and gave me a hard time to turn it off :(

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, can someone help I tried to exit to the twilightmenu++ while in a GBA game using gbarunner2 but I tried the L+R+B+Down but it wouldn't work and when I tried it from the NDS game it just game me a white screen and gave me a hard time to turn it off :(
If you're autobooting into TWLMenu++, just press POWER to exit.

Shadowsun2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're autobooting into TWLMenu++, just press POWER to exit.

sadly I couldn't figure out how to autoboot into the twilight menu so I have to do the Flipnote thing every single time to get to the twilight menu so it's extremely annoying to have to press power do the Flipnote thing every time I wanna switch games or something

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sadly I couldn't figure out how to autoboot into the twilight menu so I have to do the Flipnote thing every single time to get to the twilight menu so it's extremely annoying to have to press power do the Flipnote thing every time I wanna switch games or something
Follow this guide: http://dsi.cfw.guide/
This will also improve DS game compatibility.

Shadowsun2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Follow this guide:
This will also improve DS game compatibility.

Thanks for the assistance, I appreciate it. I also have another problem for some reason I can't play Pokemon Soul Silver it works the first time but when I try to load it again it says communication error has occurred and says to press A and when I do I get stuck on a white screen I've tried it on 2 separate ROMS already but it don't work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Roll them little snake eyes in