Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

the-technician34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The intended use would be for various DS systems. I have a modded DSI with Twilight Menu on but it runs very slowly when changing pages compared to a Flash Cart or on a 3DS.

So an Acekard 2I is the best for Twilight Menu? Any idea where to get one from please?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

andrecidueye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ops I forgot the most important thing, that ONLY happens when a custom icon isn't set for a DS title (or custom icons aren't set altogether), I was trying to fix it by loading custom icons for everything but it's too much work. Maybe there are some problems with my dumps, going to check
Update: I couldn't manage to fix this but I was able to find a mirror of Rominator (the one from gamebrew), which conveniently has a button to export all your game's icons with the same name as the rom, so I just have to replace .png to .nds.png with a renaming tool. Anyway I have a feature request: would it be possible to change how the title name should be displayed, maybe with a syntax setting in the config file? It would be rad to remove the publisher's name and replace the new line between first line and second line with a "-" to match naming of retro roms. Something like:

[NDS rom title= %f%nl%s%nl%t]

in the config file
Syntax: %f - first line; %s - second line; %t - third line; %nl - new line
I would, for example, set it to [%f - %s] to match retro roms in my library.

the-technician34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Got a new flash card and it worked straight away in my DSI, perfect!
But my DSI XL is having problems now. Twilight Menu boots up very quickly but after selecting a game I get a white screen that says "Start Failed. Error 1" "Press B to return."
Any ideas please?

Reactions: RocketRobz

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a new flash card and it worked straight away in my DSI, perfect!
But my DSI XL is having problems now. Twilight Menu boots up very quickly but after selecting a game I get a white screen that says "Start Failed. Error 1" "Press B to return."
Any ideas please?
If the error is coming from the flashcard TWLMenu++, then you need to add the flashcard loader files as stated by the flashcard TWLMenu++ guide.
Alternatively, you can turn on nds-bootstrap in TWLMenu++ Settings.

If the error is from the console TWLMenu++, and also says that nds-bootstrap is not found (or somehow doesn't say), then try following this guide to repair your TWLMenu++ installation: https://wiki.ds-homebrew.com/twilightmenu/updating-dsi

the-technician34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If the error is coming from the flashcard TWLMenu++, then you need to add the flashcard loader files as stated by the flashcard TWLMenu++ guide.
Alternatively, you can turn on nds-bootstrap in TWLMenu++ Settings.

If the error is from the console TWLMenu++, and also says that nds-bootstrap is not found (or somehow doesn't say), then try following this guide to repair your TWLMenu++ installation: https://wiki.ds-homebrew.com/twilightmenu/updating-dsi
Legend, I totally forgot about that part and foolishly skipped a step when swopping between all these cards. It now works perfectly! I'm going to test more games!
I owe you a beer for making such a good menu system and the support!

Reactions: RocketRobz

Shiranui-san

Trophies
XP
Country
@RocketRobz just letting you know that Zelda Spirit Tracks EUR Rev 1 (CRC 4f9e66f0) does not work properly due to anti-piracy.
EUR Rev 0 (CRC 84aa2400), USA Rev 0 (CRC 38392357) and USA Rev 1(CRC319a13e5) work fine.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@RocketRobz just letting you know that Zelda Spirit Tracks EUR Rev 1 (CRC 4f9e66f0) does not work properly due to anti-piracy.
EUR Rev 0 (CRC 84aa2400), USA Rev 0 (CRC 38392357) and USA Rev 1(CRC319a13e5) work fine.
EUR Rev 1 has already been known to not work properly due to AP measures.
The included AP patch would need to be fixed specifically (on our side) for Rev 1.

Reactions: Shiranui-san

elCerebrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I have a quick question: are there any plans to implement sort of a unique listing of DS roms? I read in the FAQ the cap is 39 titles at the moment.

I also found out that some games don't run entirely out-of-the-box. I was trying to play Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Blue Rescue Team (U) and I constantly got a white screen that restarted into TWLM++ so I forced it to use nds-bootstrap nightly, then TWLM++ did some magic and now it works. The same happened with Pokémon Ranger - Guardian Signs (U), Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of the Sky (U).

I also read about the Donor ROM function but couldn't find out in which situations I might be interested on using this feature, could somebody give an example? If it is not too much to ask for, of course :D

I recently updated one of the first DSi's where I installed most of the software, it was so old that I had support for Wood themes still! I didn't remember that I also installed hiyaCFW, updating everything was messy but worked out.

Thank you for all the amazing development!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a quick question: are there any plans to implement sort of a unique listing of DS roms? I read in the FAQ the cap is 39 titles at the moment.
You can either switch to the next page or change the theme.
I also found out that some games don't run entirely out-of-the-box. I was trying to play Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Blue Rescue Team (U) and I constantly got a white screen that restarted into TWLM++ so I forced it to use nds-bootstrap nightly, then TWLM++ did some magic and now it works. The same happened with Pokémon Ranger - Guardian Signs (U), Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of the Sky (U).

Thank you for all the amazing development!
That bug only occurs for certain users, and may be caused by an existing cheat database you downloaded.
I have no idea why switching to nightly would make it not crash.

Reactions: Tarmfot

elCerebrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
You can either switch to the next page or change the theme.

That bug only occurs for certain users, and may be caused by an existing cheat database you downloaded.
I have no idea why switching to nightly would make it not crash.
I tried to switch to 3DS, SEGA and other DSi's themes yet they all work equivalently with the paging. It's not something that bugs me or anything, just wondering. :D

Certainly a weird bug, I have not enabled cheats at all in any of the games, of course I installed the latest usrcheat.dat provided here in the forums. I honestly don't think that the charm was switching to nightly but forcing to use nds-bootstrap. I'm using a Wood R4 Gold with BL4CK firmware on a DS Lite, launching the games both with Wood and TWLM++ I had the error until forcing nds-bootstrap so in a way I could say that it improved compatibility!

Anyway, just something that I wanted to drop by as feedback.

Again, thank you RocketRobz for all the amazing development for TWLM++! It gave my DS Lite and DSi a new way of living.

Last edited by elCerebrain,

MegaMarkLM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello. Sorry to ask, but I've been looking everywhere for information about how to change the GBA mode border and I can't find anything anywhere. In which path/folder do I need to save my borders and in what format so that Twilight Menu is able to recognize them?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. Sorry to ask, but I've been looking everywhere for information about how to change the GBA mode border and I can't find anything anywhere. In which path/folder do I need to save my borders and in what format so that Twilight Menu is able to recognize them?
Are you using a DS or DS lite?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@RocketRobz hello I updated from v19.0.0 to v25.8.1 Nice job! I am having some trouble because i just added hacked rom Another Super Mario 3D patched to Super Mario 64 DS it worked but now it disappeared after i updated Twilight Menu++ 25.8.1 also all roms are not in alphabetical order and some are missing. i was thinking if there is limited number roms for Twilight Menu++??? i had 399 now down to 390 roms in nds folder. Thank you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Woody's got wood.