Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Rebusmind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've been playing Spirit Tracks all day and now that I wanted to turn if off the power button of my DSi XL doesn't work. Could this be related to TWiLight Menu?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing Spirit Tracks all day and now that I wanted to turn if off the power button of my DSi XL doesn't work. Could this be related to TWiLight Menu?
No, it's not related. Try checking if it works outside of TWiLight Menu++. If it works, then check again in TWiLight Menu++. If it doesn't work, I don't know why.

Reactions: Tarmfot and Pin1988

Rebusmind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
While playing Spirit Tracks I noticed that the game sometimes freezes for several seconds (before playing a new soundor piece of music, I think).
I've just started playing again and the music in the forest temple is all distorted. Does this game have compatibility issues or could the rom be bad for this to happen?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While playing Spirit Tracks I noticed that the game sometimes freezes for several seconds (before playing a new soundor piece of music, I think).
I've just started playing again and the music in the forest temple is all distorted. Does this game have compatibility issues or could the rom be bad for this to happen?
Try updating: https://wiki.ds-homebrew.com/twilightmenu/updating-dsi
If the issue persists, follow this guide to reformat your SD card: https://dsi.cfw.guide/sd-card-setup.html

Reactions: Tarmfot

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Pk11 , just thought I'd let you know that I deleted the doskey from the registry, then I deleted the doskey file. using mklink -- python2 is still an accepted command, so twilight menu should have no issues compiling without python or python3 code. :D

Reactions: Pk11

Peeteris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure of I should text about nds bootstrap here.
Game The Urbz: Sims in the City is listed as working here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LRTkXOUXraTMjg1eedz_f7b5jiuyMv2x6e_jY_nyHSc/edit#gid=0

But for me it results in white screens, even nds bootstrap logo doesn't show.
Tried to delete .sav file and start over - problem persists.
Game works with flashcart.
Just tried it and it's booting perfectly fine from sd for me on latest twighlight menu

20220322_140353.jpg

Peeteris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just tried it and it's booting perfectly fine from sd for me on latest twighlight menu

View attachment 302779
I'm using Twilight menu from R4 card.
Tried different Urbz Rom dupms, from various regions - outcome didn't change - white screens.

Also GTA Chinatown wars and Pokemon HeartGold gives me red primary screen and white touchscreen.
I guess I'll have to switch off NDS-Bootstrap, sadly...

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using Twilight menu from R4 card.
Tried different Urbz Rom dupms, from various regions - outcome didn't change - white screens.

Also GTA Chinatown wars and Pokemon HeartGold gives me red primary screen and white touchscreen.
I guess I'll have to switch off NDS-Bootstrap, sadly...
If you're using a DS Phat/Lite, then inserting a DS Memory Expansion Pak will improve compatibility.
Otherwise, yes, turning off nds-bootstrap will improve compatibility.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi do you have a rom for english version of okamiden? pls give me link if any im using ds lite
Please do not ask for ROMs here, as it's against the rules.
You can dump the ROM from your cartridge, if you have that and either a Slot-2 flashcard such as the Supercard MiniSD, or a Nintendo DSi or 3DS console.

simple24

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Please do not ask for ROMs here, as it's against the rules.
You can dump the ROM from your cartridge, if you have that and either a Slot-2 flashcard such as the Supercard MiniSD, or a Nintendo DSi or 3DS console.
im sorry im using dstt card in my ds lite and for now im playing for a japanesse version but i cant understand..that is whay im looking for rom that\

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im sorry im using dstt card in my ds lite and for now im playing for a japanesse version but i cant understand..that is whay im looking for rom that\
Make sure it's either the USA or EUR version you're looking for then, as they both contain the English language.
It is recommended to get the ROM from the cartridge though, in order to ensure a good dump.
You can buy the cartridge of either the USA or EUR version, and then buy a Nintendo DSi console, in order to dump the ROM from the cartridge.

Peeteris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why there isn't a possibility to choose which games to open with nds-bootstrap and which - with flashcart?
There's a big issue - if flashcart method is selected, you can't change the brightness of the games - it's always max and there are no option for cheats.
Or maybe there's a possibility to open R4i flashcart menu from Twilight menu? At the moment I've installed autoboot, so card automatically boots to Twilightmenu and I wouldn't want to change that, but if the other way around - opening r4 menu from twilight would be possible (to change brightness) it would be great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-