Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

thegame386

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello.:)

Pokémon
Black EU+US
White EU+US
Black 2 EU+US
White 2 EU+US

Works with TWiLight v15.0.1 and nds bootstrap 0.35.1
Tested on Nintendo DSi.

Thank you.:)
Thank you very much for trying, i am reinstalling twilight now. .
I didnt had the problems before...
I am on a new 2ds by the way with latest luma firmware

Update:
Still not working for me. Iget black screen on top and whitescreen on bottom. Waited a few minutes and restarted manually.
I uploaded the log i made

Attachments

• NDSBTSRP.LOG.txt
    986 bytes · Views: 77
Last edited by thegame386,
Reactions: Alexander1970

suzsuzuki

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nope, the Twlbg.cxl file with the filter now becomes Twlbg_bak.cxl and a Twlbg.cxl that causes everything to become widescreen is created which when deleted causes the glitch to go away but comes back when playing a game in 16:10

Update: So, the glitch only happens if the aspect ratio in the per-game setting is set to 16:10. This means I can set the aspect ratio in the Game/apps settings to 16:10 while in the per-game setting set it to default for 16:10 or 4:3 for 4:3, bcause If the aspect ratio is set to 16:10 in the games/apps setting inside the TWMenu++ settings, a Twlbg.cxl file is not created inside sysmodules

I deleted all cxi files from Luma sysmodules and twmenu twlbg folder and follow these instruction. Ay attention that first you need to MOVE the xci file to twlbg folder, and the this file will be recreated again when you re run the Sonos patch

PcMacsterRace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I deleted all cxi files from Luma sysmodules and twmenu twlbg folder and follow these instruction. Ay attention that first you need to MOVE the xci file to twlbg folder, and the this file will be recreated again when you re run the Sonos patch
I've already found a sort of fix. Like I've said in the update, I can set the aspect ratio in the Game/apps settings to 16:10 while in the per-game setting set it to default for 16:10 or 4:3 for 4:3, bcause If the aspect ratio is set to 16:10 in the games/apps setting inside the TWMenu++ settings, a Twlbg.cxl file is not created inside sysmodules.
So, in a nutshell, I guess I forgot to set the aspect ratio to 16:10 in the games/apps setting because I thought it would be better to set it so that widescreen supported games would be set to 16:10 while default would be 4:3, however setting the aspect ratio to 16:10 in the per game setting is bugged I guess

Last edited by PcMacsterRace,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much for trying, i am reinstalling twilight now. .
I didnt had the problems before...
I am on a new 2ds by the way with latest luma firmware

Update:
Still not working for me. Iget black screen on top and whitescreen on bottom. Waited a few minutes and restarted manually.
I uploaded the log i made
You need to run the games in DS mode.

littleblueboxes

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings! Before I ask my question, let me say this app is amazing and really shows the homebrew potential of this community. However as a regular user (colloquially known as, an idiot) I have an issue.

I have a rom for Pokemon Heartgold. These things I know to be true;
- The rom is AP patched (I'm aware the software does this anyway)
- The rom is Randomized
- The rom has custom sprites imported

I can load this rom into Desemume or noGBA and it works, I can play and access menus no problem. However when I load the rom through EITHER my own R4 card (through my 3DS, using TwiMenu) or from the TwiMenu roms menu itself... I get the following issue. The game will load and run just fine, until I attempt to either look at the "Summary" page of a mon, or access a battle. At either point the music will freeze up and I will hang on a black screen! This issue is not present on any non-TwiMenu emulation.

Sadly, I am not able to check my R4 using an older Ds because mine broke recently.

To my best knowledge I am running the latest version of TwiMenu (I updated today just in case) and my app settings are not tampered with. I am running it on an Old 3DS using CFW.

If anyone can think of a suggestion, or something I should double-check, I'd love to know! Just thought I'd check in.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

Welcome to the TWilight World.

Greetings! Before I ask my question, let me say this app is amazing and really shows the homebrew potential of this community. However as a regular user (colloquially known as, an idiot) I have an issue.

I have a rom for Pokemon Heartgold. These things I know to be true;
- The rom is AP patched (I'm aware the software does this anyway)
- The rom is Randomized
- The rom has custom sprites imported

I can load this rom into Desemume or noGBA and it works, I can play and access menus no problem. However when I load the rom through EITHER my own R4 card (through my 3DS, using TwiMenu) or from the TwiMenu roms menu itself... I get the following issue. The game will load and run just fine, until I attempt to either look at the "Summary" page of a mon, or access a battle. At either point the music will freeze up and I will hang on a black screen! This issue is not present on any non-TwiMenu emulation.

Sadly, I am not able to check my R4 using an older Ds because mine broke recently.

To my best knowledge I am running the latest version of TwiMenu (I updated today just in case) and my app settings are not tampered with. I am running it on an Old 3DS using CFW.

If anyone can think of a suggestion, or something I should double-check, I'd love to know! Just thought I'd check in.

Did you tried and checked the TWiLight Ingame Cheats (press"Y" to get into the InGame Menu and then "X" for the Cheats please)
and enabled the AP Bypass Cheat Fix too ?
Since there are only custom Sprites imported the Game ID should be the same.
Please check also the following Settings in the TWiLight Settings Menu (press Select on the Game Selection Screen in TWiLight please and choose "TWLMenu ++ Settings".)
On the Page "Games and Apps settings" check this Entries please:

Expand ROM to space in RAM - Yes (can be reverted if it still crashes)
Cache block size - 32KB (same)
Save FAT table cache - No

Good Luck.

Thank you.:)

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updater v4.1.0

Thanks to the contributors of Universal-Updater, the TWiLight Menu++ Updater is now not discontinued!
NOTE: If you're getting the discontinued message, you'll need to update the updater manually.

Improvements
  • Improvements from Universal-Updater:
    • Downloading
    • Installing
    • Extracting
    • Progress bar

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Updater v4.1.0

Thanks to the contributors of Universal-Updater, the TWiLight Menu++ Updater is now not discontinued!
NOTE: If you're getting the discontinued message, you'll need to update the updater manually.

Improvements
  • Improvements from Universal-Updater:
    • Downloading
    • Installing
    • Extracting
    • Progress bar

Thank you.:yay::bow:

A little "Side Note" for Updating with Universal Updater - It downloaded the Version 4.1.0 and installed it but then comes the
"The TWiLight Menu++ Updater is now not discontinued" Message when you start the Updater.

I sended over the .cia File from this Thread with FBI/Boop and also installed it.Then on the Updater appears the Notification for the Updater Update.:D
After downloading Version 4.1.0 "again" and successful Installation I exited the Updater and got am ARM Exception Screen.
After Re-Booting the 3DS it worked then finally.:D

I hope you all have not that Experiences when Updating.:D

Good Luck.

Thank you for having the Updater back.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated the twilight menu updater on 2 different n3ds xl systems to v4.1.0, and updated twilight menu and ndsbootstrap using the program on both systems. I open the app afterwards and it ask if you want to scan for updates.

After pressing A to confirm i get a message saying "The github API rate limit has been exceeded for your IP. you can regain access by signing in to a github account or waiting a bit."

Just wondering what this is and if somethings wrong since i never got this message with the previous version of the twilight menu updater.

Reactions: Alexander1970

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated the twilight menu updater on 2 different n3ds xl systems to v4.1.0, and updated twilight menu and ndsbootstrap using the program on both systems. I open the app afterwards and it ask if you want to scan for updates.

After pressing A to confirm i get a message saying "The github API rate limit has been exceeded for your IP. you can regain access by signing in to a github account or waiting a bit."

Just wondering what this is and if somethings wrong since i never got this message with the previous version of the twilight menu updater.
GitHub has an API rate limit, so downloads are restricted.

iamgimpy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im not able to play any games after updating to Twilight Menu++ 15.0.1, just black screen on top and white screen on bottom, using Original 3DS

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not able to play any games after updating to Twilight Menu++ 15.0.1, just black screen on top and white screen on bottom, using Original 3DS
Delete "nds-bootstrap.ini" at "sd:/_nds/nds-bootstrap.ini".
If the issue persists, make sure you're running the games in DS mode.

iamgimpy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Delete "nds-bootstrap.ini" at "sd:/_nds/nds-bootstrap.ini".
If the issue persists, make sure you're running the games in DS mode.
i deleted the .ini file but im still getting the black/white screen with DS mode active,
will i have to completely reinstall twilight menu and the updater?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So that version is semi rare