Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
But im confused because i already use this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nds-forwarder-cias-for-your-home-menu.426174/

Whats the difference and what i cant do with this that i cant with what i already have?

TWiLightMenu is a Menu which lets you pick the games you want from your NDS roms list.

TWiLightMenu has different themes, cheats and what not.

once TWiLightMenu is setup you just drop NDS backups to NDS folder and you are ready to go. no need to do every game one by one.

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
TWiLightMenu is a Menu which lets you pick the games you want from your NDS roms list.

TWiLightMenu has different themes, cheats and what not.

once TWiLightMenu is setup you just drop NDS backups to NDS folder and you are ready to go. no need to do every game one by one.
But under the hood, the games still run the same right?

Something like nintendont...instead of making injects i put games on sd and run nintendont app.

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
@Robz8 would know better. but i think so.
I see..so it just convenience and feeling like you run real DS hardware on 3DS.
Oh by the way, i guess theres no limit like 3DS home screen has...also these forwarders i have now are installed on nand as DSi games and are limited to 3DS home screen how many icons can there be.

In that terms i guess it makes more sense to use Twiilight than this... i mean only reason to use forwarder is for one or two games you play at the moment for easy access without going to 3ds home screen than to twilight than to game.

Can Twilight menu be booted on 3DS boot?

Last edited by MetoMeto,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

I see..so it just convenience and feeling like you run real DS hardware on 3DS.
Oh by the way, i guess theres no limit like 3DS home screen has...also these forwarders i have now are installed on nand as DSi games and are limited to 3DS home screen how many icons can there be.

The Best Thing is - it is Free and everone can try it for free.It does not cost anything.
Except a few Minutes from your Life for the "Installation".Depends on which Device do you want to use it.
And a SD Card (2Gb - 32 Gb) formatted with FAT32.:)

But please Note,it is not a "Noob" Solution to use.
A little Reading about using TWiLight and adjust Settings is maybe needed (But hey,which Custom Firmware or Homebrew needs reading today,try it and see what happens,reading Manuals is for Loosers...*sarcasm*).:evil:

Some Games need a little Adjustements.Most Games runs perfect without any Changing.
So if you simply want to put Games on it and want to play - A Flashcard is your Friend.

Ok,seriously,please try it,nothing happens and you can simply delete it when it is not your "Taste".
It do not brick your Device.:D
(Do I lean out to far now ?)

Also it has an excellent GameBoy Advance Hypervisor (plays GBA Roms) included and many Emulators.:)
(Also a Video Player,as @Flame already mentioned Cheats,Cover/Boxarts.....)

Good Luck
Thank you.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,
Reactions: RocketRobz

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Hello. :)

-Please Note,it is not a "Noob" Solution to use.
A little Reading about using TWiLight and adjust Settings is maybe needed.

-Some Games need a little Adjustements.Most Games runs perfect without any Changing.
So if you simply want to put Games on it and want to play - A Flashcard is your Friend.

-It do not brick your Device.

-Also it has an excellent GameBoy Advance Supervisor (plays GBA Roms) included and many Emulators.
(Also a Video Player,as @Flame already mentioned Cheats,Cover/Boxarts.....)

Good Luck!
Thank you. :)

Hello 2U2!

Thanks...i guess.
Those where not really my concerns (brick etc.. ) or questions, but thank you anyway. Useful info regardless.

Also, you're thanking ME for what? Did i said something helpful?

Last edited by MetoMeto,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello 2U2!

Thanks...i guess.
Those where not really my concerns (brick etc.. ) or questions, but thank you anyway. Useful info regardless.

Also, you're thanking ME for what? Did i said something helpful?

Yes,of course.:)

You have asked something.That is the Essence of a Community.
No Questions - No Answers - No Community.So..

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Yes,of course.:)

You have asked something.That is the Essence of a Community.
No Questions - No Answers - No Community.So..

What?? what does that has to do with....
Anyway, never mind... You replied to ME specifically regardless of what i asked.

Anyway!
i don't want to be further confused by all this clutter of info (usefull? yes! but...) so if you can please reply to my actual question i'd appreciate it, it would be really helpful to me (and i guess others seeking similar answers).

Thanks you in advance! :gba:

Last edited by MetoMeto,

mupp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nicaragua
Hi, I tried to use this on my old M3 cart. I used these gbatemp.net/#tab_1589291783 instructions and since there are no files for M3 I skipped those steps. When I start I get "No system file found". What's wrong?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I tried to use this on my old M3 cart. I used these gbatemp.net/#tab_1589291783 instructions and since there are no files for M3 I skipped those steps. When I start I get "No system file found". What's wrong?
Re-add the firmware/kernel files for M3, then just boot "boot.nds" with it.

mupp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nicaragua
They need to end with .gba, and you use TWLMenu++'s ROM menu to launch them.
I had to check what you meant with ROM menu. After checking videos it looks nothing like them. I have no menus at all, it only shows the basic folders on my flash card and that's it. I have copied the _nds folder from the root and from the flash card folder plus the boot file. I must have messed up somewhere. :unsure:

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to check what you meant with ROM menu. After checking videos it looks nothing like them. I have no menus at all, it only shows the basic folders on my flash card and that's it. I have copied the _nds folder from the root and from the flash card folder plus the boot file. I must have messed up somewhere. :unsure:
If you haven't gotten into TWiLight Menu++, you should see a TM++ icon in the flashcard menu (the menu where you usually boot ROMs).
After launching TWiLight Menu++, a ROM menu with the look of the DSi Menu is the first thing you see, after the app's splash screen.

mupp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nicaragua
Hmm. after running the boot file I get a plain dsi menu that displays my files and that's it. If I choose the TWiLight Menu++ icon in the root it starts a boot of something. It said something about creating saves then an image that says NDS bootstrap with "an error has occured". And that's it.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. after running the boot file I get a plain dsi menu that displays my files and that's it. If I choose the TWiLight Menu++ icon in the root it starts a boot of something. It said something about creating saves then an image that says NDS bootstrap with "an error has occured". And that's it.
The DSi Menu look was part of TWiLight Menu++.
You we're supposed to browse the GBA ROMs.

mupp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nicaragua
The DSi Menu look was part of TWiLight Menu++.
You we're supposed to browse the GBA ROMs.
Yea sorry but like I said it looks nothing like in videos. I simply don't have anything displayed that should be there. Maybe because I boot it from YSMenu it causes issues but I have no other way to get it to launch right now. Will have to do some tests later.

ThatOneKid62

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi im having trouble intalling the newest version of Twilight Menu++ manually with cfw on my o3ds. Whenever i look in the DSi&3DS - SD Card Users folder don't see the boot.nds file. I also don't see any cia files in the 3DS - SD Card users folder. Could somebody please let me know what i need to do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: leo @'d me in a thread about his last dream, stating he was passionately making out with a guy...