[DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Robz8, May 28, 2017.

1. Sophie-bear

Sophie-bear The Coolest Bear Around

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    Close and open the console, or put it to sleep and wake it up. That should (hopefully) fix it. It's a known quirk.
    This also likely won't happen most of the time when you load a ROM.

FateForWindows and Chetti like this.
  2. Chetti

Chetti Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2017
    Colombia
    WTF that solve the problem hahaha, thanks a lot, that was ultra helpful.

Sophie-bear likes this.
  3. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Please provide the TIDs for those games, so I can add them into the app.

4. zeroultima6

zeroultima6 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2017
    United States
    Here you go, the same order as the last post:

AEKE
    ALCP
    AR2J
    AMQE
    COLE
    AMHE
    B2KJ
    APUJ
    BYOJ
    ARFE
    AN6E
    AS2E
    AQ3E
    CS7J
    AYTJ

Robz8 likes this.
  5. Yrouel

Yrouel Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2019
    Italy
    Hi, I have an R4 SDHC Gold Pro from r4idsdhc(DOT)com and while TWiLightMenu does autoboot I can't load any nds game.
    If I try natively it says that the card might not be supported while if I use nds-bootstrap nightly I see the loading but nothing happens afterwards.
    I also tried latest release of nds-bootstrap (0.18.0) but this one stays with both screens white (I do see the creating save file the first time I run one)
    Any help?

EDIT: I enabled debug and this is what I get:
    IMG_1876.

Last edited by Yrouel, Apr 24, 2019
  6. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    nds-bootstrap doesn't work well on flashcards.

7. Yrouel

Yrouel Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2019
    Italy
    So the alternative would be to support natively the R4 SDHC Gold Pro right?

8. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    We need a flashcard firmware which supports autobooting a game, for that card.

9. Yrouel

Yrouel Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2019
    Italy
    I don't quite understand how that works but since YSMenu works I hope his developer can collaborate to make TWiLightMenu work aswell I really like how it looks

10. Munandar

Munandar Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2018
    Indonesia
    I've been using TwilightMenu++ for running my ds rom from sdcard and there is no major problem... Now I have some dsiwares in nds format and I totally don't know how to run those files... I copy those files and put it it dsiware folder when I run it.. It's just back to rom list...

11. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Make sure you're on Unlaunch 1.8.
    If you are on that version, after pressing A/START to launch the game, hold any button before you're back on the ROM list.

12. Munandar

Munandar Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2018
    Indonesia
    I'm on unlaunch 1.8.... Well I try your suggestion to press any button and it's work and on the second try I don't have to press any button anymore... Thank you very much... Btw can I add cover for dsiware like on the regular ds rom?

13. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Yes. Just follow "To add your own box art:" in "Box art/game cover display" in the first post.

14. FateForWindows

FateForWindows GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    Hola. Lo siento por usar Google Translate pero pude entender tu mensaje. Considere traducir sus mensajes (¿Google?) Antes de enviarlos aquí debido a la Regla 1. "Somos una comunidad de habla inglesa. Publique SOLAMENTE en inglés legible".

Lo primero que aconsejo es mantener a L al comenzar los juegos. Además, ¿son breves las congelaciones en HGSS o el juego se bloquea por completo?

Hi. Sorry for using Google Translate but I was able to understand your message. Please consider translating your messages (Google?) before sending them here due to Rule 1. "We are an English speaking community. Please post in legible English ONLY."

First thing I'd advise is holding L while starting the games. Also, are the freezes in HGSS brief or does the game entirely lock up?

15. Munandar

Munandar Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2018
    Indonesia
    So I have to put the image file on the same folder ds boxart?

16. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Yes.

17. mike42

mike42 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2018
    United States
    i need help every time i go to play lunar knights the chacters get all messed up during game play

Attached Files:

18. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Never got to that point.
    Try holding L immediately after pressing A/START to launch the game, and see if it fixes the issue.

19. Eugene1352

Eugene1352 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2019
    United States
    eggworld
    ok so i did a big dummy moment and switched the menu to r34 or something and accedently launched gba. now it just opens with a white screen whenever i launch the app. how do i fix this lol? (i dont have a gba bios also)

20. Juanse
    This message by Juanse has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Apr 24, 2019, Reason: This is an English-speaking forum.
    Apr 24, 2019
  21. Munandar

Munandar Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2018
    Indonesia
    I just realize it... My dsiware games cannot save... Every time I boot up my dsi and open a dsiware game it act like there is no save (save file creation only occurs once, FYI).. Some games even can't pass the beginning because save file corruption...