Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Koorb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Attachments

• 0e9ffa012ddc6b7df150f8bfa2a06f3c.jpg
    0e9ffa012ddc6b7df150f8bfa2a06f3c.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Tarmfot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I followed dsi.cfw.guide on my old DSi from many years ago, and set up Twilight Menu to run on boot like it says in that guide. I have two questions now:

First: Is if possible to set a subfolder, like the “Roms” or “games” folder, to be the base/root folder for Twilight Menu? In my current set up I simply booted up a homebrew .nds from my games folder and then hid folders and directories in the twilight menu settings, which basically produces a setup similar to the vanilla DSi menu. If possible, however, I’d like to actually organize my games into folders, but simply not be able to go up to the root folder or be able to see it. Without that option it looks like I’d have to hide every folder and file on my root besides the games folder, and even then it’d still be annoying to accidentally hit b and go back to the “empty” root.

Second: I have a lot of DSiWare games on my system memory that I purchased on the shop 10ish years ago. Is it possible to display DSiWare that is on system memory in twilight menu, or do I need to dump them all to my sd card to play them from there? Additionally, if I need to dump them, how do I transfer the save files for use with Twilight Menu? (The relevant page in dsi.cfw.guide doesn’t cover transferring saves)

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I followed dsi.cfw.guide on my old DSi from many years ago, and set up Twilight Menu to run on boot like it says in that guide. I have two questions now:

First: Is if possible to set a subfolder, like the “Roms” or “games” folder, to be the base/root folder for Twilight Menu? In my current set up I simply booted up a homebrew .nds from my games folder and then hid folders and directories in the twilight menu settings, which basically produces a setup similar to the vanilla DSi menu. If possible, however, I’d like to actually organize my games into folders, but simply not be able to go up to the root folder or be able to see it. Without that option it looks like I’d have to hide every folder and file on my root besides the games folder, and even then it’d still be annoying to accidentally hit b and go back to the “empty” root.
Currently, that is not a feature. I might add this if it gets enough requests.
Second: I have a lot of DSiWare games on my system memory that I purchased on the shop 10ish years ago. Is it possible to display DSiWare that is on system memory in twilight menu, or do I need to dump them all to my sd card to play them from there? Additionally, if I need to dump them, how do I transfer the save files for use with Twilight Menu? (The relevant page in dsi.cfw.guide doesn’t cover transferring saves)
You'll have to dump them. Also, put the save files into the "saves" folders, which is placed in the same place as where you'd put the .nds files.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently, that is not a feature. I might add this if it gets enough requests.

You'll have to dump them. Also, put the save files into the "saves" folders, which is placed in the same place as where you'd put the .nds files.
Got it, thanks a lot for the info! Hopefully other people also express interest in that feature :)

4d1xlaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I built the latest commit, to see what the manual fixes looked like, but trying to access the manual just stalls on white screens and eventually returns to the rom list (dsi menu theme, on a dsi)

is it an error on my end, or is it a problem on twilightmenu's end?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I built the latest commit, to see what the manual fixes looked like, but trying to access the manual just stalls on white screens and eventually returns to the rom list (dsi menu theme, on a dsi)

is it an error on my end, or is it a problem on twilightmenu's end?
You're missing the manual pages. Download them here: https://github.com/DS-Homebrew/twilight-manual/releases/tag/pages
After downloading, place the `pages` folder in the `manual/nitrofiles/`.

v27.7.0

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v27.7.0
Includes nds-bootstrap v1.6.2 (GBATemp thread)

What's new?​

• Added closed lid / improper sleep mode detection. When detection succeeds, you'll be asked if the console's lid was closed during startup.
  • Wood UI theme: Added small icon listing mode! To use the new mode, press SELECT button while in the theme until the mode activates.
  • All folders starting with `_` are now hidden.
  • A border with the set user color is now displayed under the Manual title bar.
  • Switching manual pages now fades the screens to white and out.
  • DS Classic Menu: Added blue and purple battery colors for DSi/3DS.
    • Purple color is exclusive to DSi consoles in DSi mode.
  • Various: Updated translations.

Bug fixes​

• The `Back` folder is now always displayed first.
  • Fixed icon movement animation not playing when re-arranging an icon.
  • DS Classic Menu: Keep cursor visible when launching a title.
  • DSi theme: Fixed system settings icon shifted left when launching.
  • Manual pages no longer display corrupted colors.
  • Other minor fixes.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

4d1xlaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nds bootstrap nightly crashes twilightmenu settings with a data abort error, on dsi. removing the nds bootstrap nightly files makes it not crash anymore

it doesnt matter if nightly bootstrap is selected or not, settings crashes just from it being present in _nds folder

nightly 7fd6846 that is, I dont know if the actual commit matters because this nightly should be the same code as 1.6.2 release, the only difference is that it's nightly instead of release

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nds bootstrap nightly crashes twilightmenu settings with a data abort error, on dsi. removing the nds bootstrap nightly files makes it not crash anymore

it doesnt matter if nightly bootstrap is selected or not, settings crashes just from it being present in _nds folder

nightly 7fd6846 that is, I dont know if the actual commit matters because this nightly should be the same code as 1.6.2 release, the only difference is that it's nightly instead of release
Is the nightly downloaded using Universal-Updater? Because TWLMenu++ doesn't bundle nightlies anymore.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

v27.7.1 (hotfix)

Bug fix​

• Fixed long nds-bootstrap nightly .ver files (from recent nightly builds) causing TWLMenu++ Settings to crash on open. They are now shortened to 7 chars. like past .ver files.

signer-ink-beast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heya! Just wanted to say I finally got around to trying NetHackDS again on my installation of Twilight Menu on my Ace3DS+ X. Works a treat! It isn't misidentified as homebrew a retail game anymore. Looks like whatever issue I did have in the past has been fixed. My kernel's IGR now works as intended.

Thank you! Twilight Menu has grown so much over the years. Keep up the great work.

Last edited by signer-ink-beast,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I overclock Slot 1 Retail cartridges on my DSi?
You can, but there is no menu to do so. Currently, you'll have to dump the ROM, then change the clock speed for the ROM, then copy the .ini file for the ROM in "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/gamesettings/" to "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/gamesettings/slot1/", then rename the .ini file to the game's 4-letter title ID.

devlman127

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can, but there is no menu to do so. Currently, you'll have to dump the ROM, then change the clock speed for the ROM, then copy the .ini file for the ROM in "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/gamesettings/" to "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/gamesettings/slot1/", then rename the .ini file to the game's 4-letter title ID.
Right, so launch the dumped rom with nds-bootstrap, set the overclock, and then move/rename the .ini as directed, got it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Barbies Hamster Wheel of Extreme Justice!!!